PDA

View Full Version : AR15 Basic 9/14/13: Photo Gallery

TheJewban
September 19th, 2013, 02:25 PM

TheJewban
September 19th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Receiving instruction on history, clearing, safety selector, lower receiver, mag release, locking bolt rearward, operating bolt catch, popping out takedown pins, removing and reinstalling charging handle and bolt carrier group (emphasis by Bob to pull out bolt assembly on reinstall), disassembly/reassembly of bolt carrier group and extractor, removing and reinstalling buffer and spring, milspec and commercial buffer tubes, trigger assemblies (types/stages), sears (show & tell of full-auto vs semi-auto), forward assist, ejection port/cover, clearing malfunctions (Tap, Rack, Bang)...damn, someone else takeover.

YankeeFingergasm
September 19th, 2013, 08:22 PM
The history of the AR is one thing I was very interested in. Surprising to find it almost wasn't meant to be. Colt got a hellava deal when they bought the rights to it. I had very minimal experience with an AR and taking it apart and seeing how everything ties together is amazing really.

Mikec2003
September 19th, 2013, 10:07 PM
a lot of it was stuff I knew, but it's good to take a step back and go over basics again, plus i did pick up things i didn't know, like the AR operates on gas volume, not pressure. but for a new AR shooter, it's chock full of good information, stuff you really need to know.

30plusretlaw
September 20th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Very nice to see a women taking the class. Bob is she the first? The posters look really good also.