PDA

View Full Version : Jmoore's First Annual Chili Cook-off

Pages : [1] 2

crawdaddy34
September 10th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Just a reminder...

This is going down on Saturday, November 9th, from 1400 - 1800 (ish).

If your coming and have never been to Talon before don't forget to get on Talons web-site, watch the new member video and take the new shooter quiz so you don't have to do it when you get there. THIS IS MANDATORY FOR EVERYONE! No quiz, no shooting.

http://www.talontraininggroup.com/Talon-Range

Five videos at the bottom of the page - Watch them.

Talon Visitor and Guest Waiver - Sign it.

Talon Applicant Test - Take it.

Also, if you are bringing Chili please post up here OR PM me/Jonas/Molary so we can coordinate that part of it.

OK guys here's the deal...

We have had a donation for the Chili cook-off. Talon has offered us the use of the range and clubhouse for the event.

We can set this up for (almost) any date/time, just need to clear it with Talon first to make sure it wont conflict with anything they have scheduled. The number of bays that we end up needing will depend on attendance but it sounds to me like there will be plenty of room to shoot. The clubhouse should EASILY accommodate 45-ish people, if more confirm than that I will work with molary to make sure everyone is taken care of.
There will be no range fee for members of the forum, all Talon asks is that we follow ALL range safety rules AT ALL TIMES.

I have also been asked to make it clear that there will be ABSOLUTELY NO DRINKING ALCOHOL until all the shooting is done, and all but sidearms are put away for the day/evening. This, along with all other range safety rules WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.

Jonas has also offered to host the "after-party" at his house, where I do believe there ABSOLUTELY WILL BE ALCOHOL DRINKING.

So far, in the original Talon Event thread October the 12th was the top date. Any alternate dates are up for suggestion; however they are pending Talons approval.

This sounds like it has the potential to turn into a great day of range shooting, chili cooking, and bonfire BS'ing. Who's in?

Addition -

All forum members who are NOT TALON MEMBERS and are planning on attending will need to watch the videos at the bottom of the page and complete the three forms prior to shooting. It is encouraged that you do so ahead of time.

Confirmed attendees at this point -

Tack Driver +1 (maybe +2)
noleveyor
YankeeFingergasm
Johnny
Jonas +1
molary
mattb
hambone33
Cattle/Horses
Jmoorewar
HarleyBrent +1
Cybercop106 +1
Triad
Talon2
thedishdoc
tileman +1
AB
mogar
corradolvr
Mikec2003
Capt. mike

Said they were coming - have not confirmed -

haireola

Haven't said but I'm assuming they will be there -

Talon1

Haven't said but I'm assuming they will NOT be there -

arcwelder

Confirmed no-shows at this point -

jlfar0311
Greg Kulbick

Tack Driver
September 10th, 2013, 01:22 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j280/sstanley_photos/GreatGatsbyGoodPost_zps526734dd.gif

I'm in.

noleveyor
September 10th, 2013, 01:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BJOCxpG.gifMe too!

crawdaddy34
September 10th, 2013, 01:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BJOCxpG.gifMe too!

Great. It'll be good to meet ya.

Maybe we can set up another ammo deal; one that doesn't cost me a hundred rounds....;)

Tack Driver
September 10th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Great. It'll be good to meet ya.

Maybe we can set up another ammo deal; one that doesn't cost me a hundred rounds....;)

Gotta' pay to play.

jonastio
September 10th, 2013, 07:25 PM
I'll probably figure out some night-time munchies and will spring for a case or two of yuengling (I may not drink anymore, but I don't serve beer I wouldn't drink) depending on numbers.

I've been working on getting my back yard clear and presentable, so I should be pretty good to go by the time we have the party.

I'll probably have some fold-out chairs but if you're looking to be comfortable, I'd suggest bringing your lawn chair.

noleveyor
September 10th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Gotta' pay to play.
Pimps always get their cut off the top don't they?

Sorry about the thread derailment. I know we like to keep the relevant/non-relevant post ratio above 1:1....

Looking forward to the get together.

crawdaddy34
September 10th, 2013, 07:47 PM
I know we like to keep the relevant/non-relevant post ratio above 1:1....

Says who???? LOL!

0utlaw
Pimps always get their cut off the top don't they?

Sorry about the thread derailment. I know we like to keep the relevant/non-relevant post ratio above 1:1....

Looking forward to the get together.

With our group of driftmasters that ratio is never even gonna be close.

Jmoorewar
Only thing with October is its the busiest time of year for me,that's why I was thinkin November,may get a day in October but few and far between.but if u can get them to figure a day in November I can tell the boss I need it off now

crawdaddy34
September 10th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Only thing with October is its the busiest time of year for me,that's why I was thinkin November,may get a day in October but few and far between.but if u can get them to figure a day in November I can tell the boss I need it off now

November is better for me as well... I was just saying that the 12th had the most votes in the other thread so far...

November 9th or 23rd would be the Saturdays that they don't have matches. Or a Sunday if those are better.....

Jmoorewar
September 10th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Post a voting poll for those two dates in November craw and see what happens.

haireola
September 10th, 2013, 09:09 PM
I'm in for whenever!

YankeeFingergasm
September 10th, 2013, 10:11 PM
I will make this happen no matter what I have to do. No way I'm missing this! A huge Thank You to Talon and Molary in advance.

surfer5
September 10th, 2013, 10:26 PM
My small contribution.

November 09 - FSU is playing Wake Forest (away)
November 23 - FSU is playing Idaho (home)

Of those two, I think most people would be much more interested in the Wake Forest game, even though its away. Who cares about Idaho. The only real counter to that argument is that 11/23 is a home game. I dunno. Just throwing that out there.

Times not announced yet for either game at this point.

YankeeFingergasm
September 10th, 2013, 10:38 PM
I vote for 11/09.....I'd like to watch us play someone we normally don't. Also, if it's an away game people won't be traveling and the clubhouse has TV, so we could just throw on the Wake game. My $0.02.

jonastio
September 10th, 2013, 10:55 PM
If it's a night game, I could totally put a TV on the back porch and put the game on.

talon2
September 10th, 2013, 11:14 PM
We have a 55" TV in the club house with cable. By the time of the event we should have a working gas grill,sink, and microwave etc. There is already a fridge in the club house for the cold beer. No since in having two separate venues. We can drink at the range after the shooting is done. There is also 550 acres if a bon fire is called for. Looking forward to it.

noleveyor
September 10th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Away game dates are better for me. I usually volunteer at the home games with my daughter for the High School Band Boosters.

jonastio
September 11th, 2013, 01:12 AM
JD is trying to steal my thunder here.

talon2
September 11th, 2013, 02:00 AM
Just trying to make things easy. I pay people to clean up afterwards:)

crawdaddy34
September 11th, 2013, 07:58 AM
First off, Thank you in a BIG way JD for offering the use of the Talon range.

As for the date, I'm waiting on confirmation from Mike on dates, I will put a poll up as soon as he lets me know what works. Any other dates (remember 1st and 3rd Saturdays are a no-go) that you guys want to throw in do so soon.

Also, new info has been added to the OP, please read it.

hambone33
September 11th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I'm in for pretty much whenever . I've got a pot and can kinda cook ! I've also got camp stoves if something needs to be heated up . If you need pallets for a bonfire I can get stacks of those as well .

crawdaddy34
September 11th, 2013, 09:22 AM
I'm in for pretty much whenever . I've got a pot and can kinda cook ! I've also got camp stoves if something needs to be heated up . If you need pallets for a bonfire I can get stacks of those as well .

Shit. Good call hambone....

Mike, we are going to need to keep the chili hot. There enough power in the clubhouse to run a bunch of crock-pots???

hambone33
September 11th, 2013, 12:27 PM
What kinda Betty crocker shit is that ....... making chili in a damn crock pot .

crawdaddy34
September 11th, 2013, 12:31 PM
What kinda Betty crocker shit is that ....... making chili in a damn crock pot .

No sir.

Re-read my post....

.......keep the chili hot......

hambone33
September 11th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Shit. Good call hambone....

Mike, we are going to need to keep the chili hot. There enough power in the clubhouse to run a bunch of crock-pots???

You mean this one ...... that asks if there's enough pewed to run a bunch of crock pots !

crawdaddy34
September 11th, 2013, 12:49 PM
You mean this one ...... that asks if there's enough pewed to run a bunch of crock pots !

Yep, that's the one.

Now show me where it says COOK.... ;)

Crock-pots are great for keeping chili hot untill it's time to eat. Of course I'm assuming that there will be shooting BEFORE eating... If that's not how it's going down then we don't need to wory about it.

But the microwave and your camp stove aint gonna cut it if more than a few people enter cuz.

hambone33
September 11th, 2013, 01:02 PM
I've got 2 stoves a 3 burner propane and a 2 burner coleman fuel one . Now show me where it says power for crockpots to keep the chili warm there Suzy !

crawdaddy34
September 11th, 2013, 01:48 PM
I've got 2 stoves a 3 burner propane and a 2 burner coleman fuel one . Now show me where it says power for crockpots to keep the chili warm there Suzy !

Well shit..... :mad:

you knew what I meant.... :D

hambone33
September 11th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Any of the stuff I've got that'll help we can use .

crawdaddy34
September 11th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Any of the stuff I've got that'll help we can use .

10-4. I'll let you know if we need anything. Thanks.

hambone33
September 11th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Sure thing ma'am :D You're welcome .

Tack Driver
September 11th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Sure thing ma'am .

crawdaddy34
September 12th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Only one poll allowed per thread....

So I moved the after party to a new one. If you have a preference go vote. If you already did, vote again.

http://www.mesocary.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/dont-vote-dont-complain.jpg

noleveyor
September 12th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Only one poll allowed per thread....

So I moved the after party to a new one. If you have a preference go vote. If you already did, vote again

I will not allow me to vote in this poll. I assume it's because I already voted in the other poll that was originally in this thread?

crawdaddy34
September 12th, 2013, 03:54 PM
It's probably not possible for someone to fuck up a poll worse than I have. :( 

If you voted in this thread for the after party location and can’t vote for the date now PM me or put up a post with your preferred date and I will add your vote in manually. 

Sorry folks.

0utlaw
September 12th, 2013, 05:14 PM
I voted for the location and now I can't vote for the date, I vote for I don't care:cool:

crawdaddy34
September 12th, 2013, 05:42 PM
I voted for the location and now I can't vote for the date, I vote for I don't care:cool:

Just for you bud...

YankeeFingergasm
September 12th, 2013, 07:28 PM
First it should say November 23rd not 22nd. So yes, add another eff up on this. My vote is for the 9th. Also, deciding before October 31st would be better if possible. I will need to request off since those are both Saturdays I will be scheduled to work. Thanks Cathy.

crawdaddy34
September 12th, 2013, 08:41 PM
First it should say November 23rd not 22nd. So yes, add another eff up on this. My vote is for the 9th. Also, deciding before October 31st would be better if possible. I will need to request off since those are both Saturdays I will be scheduled to work. Thanks Cathy.

1) Cut me some slack. We have a PM out and I'm pulling double duty at work.

2) Fuck you. :D

3) So vote damn it.

4) That's an arbitrary date. We will make the call in a week or two.

5) We can't do it the first or third saturdays due to USPSA matches.

Airgator0470
September 12th, 2013, 09:38 PM
I only have the 23rd open... I have a class the weekend of the 9th with folks already signed up.

YankeeFingergasm
September 12th, 2013, 09:38 PM
It won't let me vote but I vote the 9th

noleveyor
September 12th, 2013, 09:46 PM
November 9th with after party at Talon Range. No need to separate the event into two locations.

crawdaddy34
September 13th, 2013, 09:08 AM
November 9th with after party at Talon Range. No need to separate the event into two locations.

It won't let me vote but I vote the 9th

Your votes are in gentelmen.

Jmoorewar
September 14th, 2013, 08:00 PM
November 9th with after party at Talon Range. No need to separate the event into two locations.as long as we can put all guns in cars and pop a brew or 12 open

crawdaddy34
September 14th, 2013, 08:09 PM
as long as we can put all guns in cars and pop a brew or 12 open

I do believe that's in the cards, hommie...

Rumbler
September 17th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I do believe that's in the cards, hommie...

Indeed. It is mucho fineo.

Just can't have any "hey, hold my beer and watch THIS!" stuff.

crawdaddy34
September 26th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Is this happening???

The overwhelming response indicated that November 9th was the day. We gotta get Mike a headcount pretty quick (I would think) if we want this to happen....

Weigh in fellas....

The distance is 21 feet (or more - or less - if you would like - it don't matter to me), we run side by side using the rig of our choosing. 16 shots fired from a draw, one at a time, at a standard B-27 target. On signal; draw and engage. Time stops when the FIRST one of us fires all 16 shots. The one with the most HEAD SHOTS wins, the other posts here that they unceremoniously got their ass kicked.

Is this happening at the cookout????

YankeeFingergasm
September 26th, 2013, 08:44 PM
I'm in, gonna put in a time off request

Johnny
September 26th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Fine with me I will o my best to be there any one is ok by me

jonastio
September 28th, 2013, 03:31 AM
I'm in. Will bring beer.

jonastio
September 28th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Once we have a date/time settled and we can consider the event planned and waiting to happen, I'll send out a mass mailing informing all of the event.

Tack Driver
September 28th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Come on, let's do this ladies. Make a decision. Date and time or STFU.

FLT
September 28th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Aren't you the one that put CrawDidHe in charge?;)

crawdaddy34
September 28th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Once we have a date/time settled and we can consider the event planned and waiting to happen, I'll send out a mass mailing informing all of the event.

Thanks Jonas.

Come on, let's do this ladies. Make a decision. Date and time or STFU.

Make a decision Tack. Give us a time or STFU. :D

Aren't you the one that put CrawDidHe in charge?;)

'splain???? :confused:

crawdaddy34
September 30th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Sundown @ 1745 on 11/9.

How much time do you guys want to go bang? 3 hours? 4? Mike needs a time sooner than later.

I'm going to have him set it for 1400 unless someone comes back with an alternate soon...

0utlaw
September 30th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Sounds good to me...............I'm in:cool:

jonastio
September 30th, 2013, 10:06 AM
1400 sounds good!

Rumbler
September 30th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Ok. This now officially sounds like a "GO!".

I will ink it in on the range calendar today.

Oh, and I can't imagine not being there. Unless someone nukes the place, then I'll be a part of the black glass too.

crawdaddy34
September 30th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I don't remember being asked...but, you know me well

Tuesday, September 10th, 2013 @ 1103

Check your text messages fuckhead... ;)

hambone33
September 30th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Have we nailed down a date and time ? I thought this was gonna be at talon but hell I'm down for 2 of em . I've even got 2 of those nasty ass oaked double bastards for mattb .

crawdaddy34
September 30th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Have we nailed down a date and time ? I thought this was gonna be at talon but hell I'm down for 2 of em . I've even got 2 of those nasty ass oaked double bastards for mattb .

Yeah, it's gonna be november 9th @ 1400. Add you to the confirmed list???

I'm lost on the second sentence..... :confused:

Don't know if mattb is attending. Hasn't said one way or the other...

crawdaddy34
September 30th, 2013, 06:00 PM
BTW: If you're attending with a +(insert number of extras here) it would be helpful to know that. Talon has been very accommodating thus far, but the closer to a true headcount we can get for them the easier (I imagine) it will be on them...

crawdaddy34
September 30th, 2013, 06:02 PM
that was years ago

Or twenty days, six hours, and fifty eight minutes, but hey, who's counting...

:cool:

hambone33
September 30th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Matt showed a pic of that nasty bastard beer in the gfuf thread . He can keep that crap . Man you have to rinse your mouth out with shine to get the aftertaste out of your mouth !

crawdaddy34
September 30th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Matt showed a pic of that nasty bastard beer in the gfuf thread . He can keep that crap . Man you have to rinse your mouth out with shine to get the aftertaste out of your mouth !

I meant this one....

"I thought this was gonna be at talon but hell I'm down for 2 of em "

I don't follow???

hambone33
September 30th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Is this gonna be at talon or jmoores ? Cause one thread said talon and this one said its at j's place.

mattb
September 30th, 2013, 06:51 PM
I just realized this thread was here. Fuck it. I'm down for whenever, just say when and where.

mattb
September 30th, 2013, 07:05 PM
As long as tgf folks are PNG. If they are welcome, I'm out.

hambone33
September 30th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Glad you're gonna make it you've already got a pair of bastards waiting for ya .

mattb
September 30th, 2013, 07:56 PM
I hear their cries of fear. They will not survive this meeting.

hambone33
September 30th, 2013, 08:10 PM
I don't see how you drink that . I have to chase it with shine to avoid the aftertaste !

crawdaddy34
September 30th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Is this gonna be at talon or jmoores ? Cause one thread said talon and this one said its at j's place.

Ahhhhh..... now I gotcha. This is at Talon. Same event that started out at Jmoore's, just a different venue.

I just realized this thread was here. Fuck it. I'm down for whenever, just say when and where.

November 9th. 1400 to whenever molary kicks everyone out. I'll put you in the win column.

As long as tgf folks are PNG. If they are welcome, I'm out.

Does that go for dual members? Cuz there may be some....

crawdaddy34
September 30th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Someone much smarter (and better at this group organizing shit than me) suggested that I throw out some more info on the CHILLI portion of this get together.

So who's entering The First Annual CCGF/Talon Chili Cookoff? Molary never told me if there was enough power in the clubhouse to use crockpots TO KEEP THE CHILI WARM (better? ;)) But Hambone did offer up the use of some camp stoves.

THe judging will be popular vote, we will come up with some way of tracking them and announce a winner at some point after the eating.

As far as I know you don't win anything.

Rumbler
September 30th, 2013, 09:25 PM
If there is not enough juice in the clubhouse, we will find it. There is 600AMPS available.

That'll fry your fritters! :p

hambone33
September 30th, 2013, 09:26 PM
I'm sure there is but if there isn't I also have a generator to run your crock pot Betty ! Are we gonna build a fire if so I'll gather pallets .

Rumbler
September 30th, 2013, 09:28 PM
. . . . As far as I know you don't win anything.

I might be able to come up with a box of .380 and a wrist rocket slingshot to launch it. Huuuuuum, I wonder if we will need an FFL for the slingshot transfer . . . :p

YankeeFingergasm
September 30th, 2013, 09:30 PM
I might be able to come up with a box of .380 and a wrist rocket slingshot to launch it. Huuuuuum, I wonder if we will need an FFL for the slingshot transfer . . . :p

.380? You wanna put someone's eye out?

Rumbler
September 30th, 2013, 09:38 PM
.380? You wanna put someone's eye out?

I know! Those surgical tubing slingshots can be dangerous even with .380 cartridges for projectiles!:eek:

hambone33
September 30th, 2013, 09:46 PM
As long as you've got on the OSHA approved safety glasses you're good !

jonastio
October 1st, 2013, 01:50 PM
Now I'm getting excited!

Greg Kulbick
October 1st, 2013, 02:10 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend. I'll be out of town that weekend.

Rumbler
October 1st, 2013, 02:29 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend. I'll be out of town that weekend.

But, but, but Greg, the range IS out of town. It is way over on the West side!;)

Greg Kulbick
October 1st, 2013, 02:34 PM
I'll be participating in a golf tournament in Sarasota, and visiting my dad(his birthday is Nov. 11).

Johnny
October 1st, 2013, 03:11 PM
I plan on being there
Johnny

Johnny
October 1st, 2013, 03:14 PM
Hey,jlfar0311,
Drag your sorry butt down to the chili cook off.Looking forward to meeting you.
Johnny

Cattle/Horses
October 1st, 2013, 05:23 PM
I'll be there with one other. Probably not till late, just in time for the chili.

Tack Driver
October 1st, 2013, 06:44 PM
Craw, did you put Jafar down as a confirmed no-show because he said that, or just 'cause he's Jafar and is clearly on parole and cannot leave the state GA?

FLT
October 1st, 2013, 06:49 PM
Craw, did you put Jafar down as a confirmed no-show because he said that, or just 'cause he's Jafar and is clearly on parole and cannot leave the state GA?

LMFAO + rep'd

crawdaddy34
October 1st, 2013, 07:46 PM
I plan on being there
Johnny

Got you in the win column sir.

I'll be there with one other. Probably not till late, just in time for the chili.

I'll add ya in.

He doesn't actually exist on the same plane as the rest of us, therefore can not actually attend an event with the rest of us that are stuck in this "reality"....

YankeeFingergasm
October 1st, 2013, 07:49 PM
Anyone care to explain this 'Interesting' statement, and what PNG means?

http://www.pngdealers.org/ (http://www.pngdealers.org/)

crawdaddy34
October 1st, 2013, 07:53 PM
Anyone care to explain this 'Interesting' statement, and what PNG means?

I'll let mattb speak to his intent.... although I believe I know EXACTLY what he meant, same as you do.

as for PNG...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_non_grata

crawdaddy34
October 1st, 2013, 08:15 PM
In diplomacy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy), the term persona non grata (Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin), plural (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plural): personae non gratae), literally meaning "an unwelcome person"
I think I got it. As a TGF (Tallahassee Gun Forum) member I am not welcome to Talon Range, because it is 'Your' Range for the Chili thing.
Is that what MattB and the rest of you intend to mean?

Again, I won't speak for mattb, or anyone else here. But considering our past you really want me to answer that???

Tack Driver
October 1st, 2013, 08:16 PM
In diplomacy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy), the term persona non grata (Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin), plural (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plural): personae non gratae), literally meaning "an unwelcome person"
I think I got it. As a TGF (Tallahassee Gun Forum) member I am not welcome to Talon Range, because it is 'Your' Range for the Chili thing.

None of us speak for Talon, and you know that.

Are you in this thread to be an antagonistic troll, or are you actually interested in coming to the first CCGF event and being a functioning part of this community?

Either would suit me fine, as I love making an ass out of trolls almost as much as I would like for you to quit grinding your axe for long enough to see nobody here is wanting to "get" you. Hell, you might make a friend or two.

crawdaddy34
October 1st, 2013, 08:23 PM
I was not ever going to post here. Don't expect much more.

He already made it clear that he does not wish to be a member of the community/group that is being built around CCGF....

Tack Driver
October 1st, 2013, 08:31 PM
Maybe mogar will come, and then me and Tack can have a dance off against our arch nemesis' at the same time...

I'll bring the Wii if them bitches think they want some. :D

http://www.buzzle.com/img/articleImages/546140-4175-41.jpg

YankeeFingergasm
October 1st, 2013, 08:44 PM
I was feeling out the amount of animosity here. There is plenty here.

I don't think it's so much animosity as it's more of warning shot across the bow. Meaning, turn over a new leaf and let the Tack thing go. Am I overstepping my boundaries on speaking for others?

mattb
October 1st, 2013, 08:55 PM

Glad you educated yourself so I didn't have to explain it to you. I don't speak for Talon or anyone else here besides myself. I don't like you because you are an insufferable douchebag among a board full of the same.

Because you are an insufferable douchebag.

Tack Driver
October 1st, 2013, 08:56 PM
"That's great Bobby, but we don't have Dance, Dance Revolution."

I'm not familiar, but I'll check it out.

Whatever. I'm starting to see that you are so invested in the "guess I'll go eat worms" bit that you can't see the potential for this get together.

I don't think it's so much animosity as it's more of warning shot across the bow. Meaning, turn over a new leaf and let the Tack thing go. Am I overstepping my boundaries on speaking for others?

No.

crawdaddy34
October 1st, 2013, 08:59 PM

1) No. You weren't. You made it clear in your 1st post (as far as the record shows.... god only knows how many you have deleted.) that you had no desire to participate.

2) People around here (well, me anyway) don't really get down with the whole "everyone is out to get me, the world hates me, my om didn't give me enough ice cream as a kid vibe that you are know (at least in my mind) for.

Act right and you will probably be welcome with open arms, don't and you will get driven into the ground, much like Rest In Peace rudy was...

No sir, not a bit. You should be the new CCGF spokesman. ;)

Tack Driver
October 1st, 2013, 09:00 PM
See, I'm always left wondering what mattb is trying to say. I just never can read between the lines.

crawdaddy34
October 1st, 2013, 09:03 PM
Glad you educated yourself so I didn't have to explain it to you. I don't speak for Talon or anyone else here besides myself. I don't like you because you are an insufferable douchebag among a board full of the same.

Because you are an insufferable douchebag.

He didn't. I posted a link to the description....

See, I'm always left wondering what mattb is trying to say. I just never can read between the lines.

So ask that motherfucker, he knows whats up, and he'll tell you.

mattb
October 1st, 2013, 09:03 PM
Arc dogged out my friend like it was his fucking job; so just to be clear, fuck you arc.

He didn't. I posted a link to the description....

Dammit. Fucked that up didn't I?

Tack Driver
October 1st, 2013, 09:11 PM
Arc dogged out my friend like it was his fucking job; so just to be clear, fuck you arc.

LOL. Good lookin' out bro.

FLT
October 1st, 2013, 09:24 PM
Thin skin is not a attribute on CCGF . That said it is the Internet everyone is 6 foot 5 inches tall, weighs 285 pounds has a 12 inch cock and a syrup bucket full of balls! Carry on Gentlemen.

mattb
October 1st, 2013, 09:29 PM
I suggest you suck a horse cock.

YankeeFingergasm
October 1st, 2013, 09:36 PM
Thin skin is not a attribute on CCGF . That said it is the Internet everyone is 6 foot 5 inches tall, weighs 285 pounds has a 13 inch cock and a syrup bucket full of balls! Carry on Gentlemen.

Fixed it for ya....because it's unlucky for those bitches that gotta suck it

FLT
October 1st, 2013, 09:42 PM

Damn. matt you are so wishy washy I never know what you are trying to say

jonastio
October 1st, 2013, 11:33 PM
I think it will be an endless source of amusement to watch someone whack the hornets nest.

This event is a CCGF event. It is for CCGF members and their guests. The event details have been e-mailed to members of CCGF. As it's a CCGF event, it is open and available to all those who want to socialize with their peers (and queers). If Justin has a problem with it, I will hand deliver a morning bottle of 151 to his boss just to make his day a living hell.

While Talon is not closing their facility and they have NOT donated the entirety of their grounds (nor do they need to), it will be business as usual for Talon except for the relatively small event going on. Any member or guest will obviously be welcome at the range. As per their rules, there will be a bay checked out for the function and all facility rules will apply. We thoroughly appreciate the exceptionally generous offer of Charlie and JD to utilize the site and will not be disruptive of their events or facility.

As it has proven out here, those that want to participate in the forum are welcome with open arms and a kick in the balls. It has also been proven that those who do not want to be a part of the group are verbally welcomed to not let the door hit them where the good lord split them.

crawdaddy34
October 2nd, 2013, 07:47 AM
Dammit. Fucked that up didn't I?

S'okay....

Thin skin is not a attribute on CCGF . That said it is the Internet everyone is 6 foot 5 inches tall, weighs 285 pounds has a 12 inch cock and a syrup bucket full of balls! Carry on Gentlemen.

I'm only 5'8" 145#.... :cool:

Yes I busted out on Rudy for always making derogatory comments about a vendor.
Moderator Crawdaddy, I suggest you move this last bit of truculence to the Crab shack, so these fine people can 'Express' themselves better.

He was talking about Tack. But you already knew that....

No. They are doing just fine right here.

See?

.....If Justin has a problem with it.....

As it has proven out here, those that want to participate in the forum are welcome with open arms and a kick in the balls. It has also been proven that those who do not want to be a part of the group are verbally welcomed to not let the door hit them where the good lord split them.

1) Huh????

2) In arcwelder's case would you be referring to the front or rear???

jonastio
October 2nd, 2013, 10:43 AM
The thread title is that it's jmoore's first annual chili cookoff.

crawdaddy34
October 2nd, 2013, 10:57 AM
The thread title is that it's jmoore's first annual chili cookoff.

Yeah, I know... but J wasn't involved in the PNG discusion, so I was confused as to why he got pulled in to it....

jonastio
October 2nd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Because I like to fuck with em. ;)

crawdaddy34
October 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
And THAT, my friend, is good enough reason in ANYBODY'S book!

AB
October 3rd, 2013, 12:11 PM
Still undecided. The S Fla sectional match is that weekend.

Jmoorewar
October 3rd, 2013, 08:32 PM
Mark me down craw,schuduled it off,maybe late if something comes up but fuck it,I'm fashionable

crawdaddy34
October 3rd, 2013, 08:36 PM
Mark me down craw,schuduled it off,maybe late if something comes up but fuck it,I'm fashionable

Done.

YankeeFingergasm
October 3rd, 2013, 09:08 PM

You may show up for the First Annual Jmoorewar Chili Cook Off? This is what I think of you Sir.

http://youtu.be/Z37PR0-kdhA

jonastio
October 4th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Put down HarleyBrent (http://forum.capitalcitygunforum.com/member.php?128-HarleyBrent) +1.

crawdaddy34
October 4th, 2013, 01:33 PM
1) Why are you posting for HarleyBrent???

2) You do know that "Grand Poobah" > "Moderator" right??? :D Why didn't you just add it to the list?

3) WTF is up with that wierd log-in page when I click the link in your post???

4) Done.

jonastio
October 4th, 2013, 02:38 PM
A) Because some folks like to e-mail instead of post, I guess.

B) Because fuck you. That's why.

C) I fixed the link.

mattb
October 4th, 2013, 11:21 PM
I feel like I should tell arc to go hump a caribou. I'm trying really hard to be good, but the temptation is strong.

Tack Driver
October 5th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Wait, the 9th is a Saturday. I thought we were talking about a Sunday?

Cybercop106
October 5th, 2013, 12:24 PM
We are back from vacation, and if it's not too late, I would like to attend...... w/ my wife as a +1. Mostly because she can't believe there is a whole group of guys as irreverent and un-politically correct as me.
To be fair, I warned her...........

And how many folks are bringing chili ? Do you want one that ain't gonna melt taste buds ? I have a recipe that's pretty good, but it won't make anyone fart sparks or crap lava....... Will a chili like that be "manly" enough for this event ?!

Tack Driver
October 5th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Do you want one that ain't gonna melt taste buds ?

Yes please. Those of us that value a discerning palate over bravado would appreciate it.

Rumbler
October 5th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Yes please. Those of us that value a discerning palate over bravado would appreciate it.

+1 !!!!!!:)

jonastio
October 5th, 2013, 01:42 PM
If anyone complains about coming out and eating free food, there are sheds available to take someone behind and correct their behavior.

crawdaddy34
October 5th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Confirmed attendees at this point -

Tack Driver +1
noleveyor
YankeeFingergasm
Johnny
Jonas +1
molary
mattb
hambone33
Cattle/Horses
Jmoorewar
HarleyBrent +1
Cybercop106 +1

Said they were coming - have not confirmed -

haireola

Haven't said but I'm assuming they will be there -

Talon1 OR Talon2

Haven't said but I'm assuming they will NOT be there -

arcwelder

Confirmed no-shows at this point -

jlfar0311
Greg Kulbick

Tack Driver
October 5th, 2013, 02:56 PM
This is getting good. Crawdaddy might not be worthless after all.

jonastio
October 5th, 2013, 03:29 PM
You can put me down for a +1. Gonna try to drag my dad along.

crawdaddy34
October 5th, 2013, 03:31 PM
This is getting good. Crawdaddy might not be worthless after all.

http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/Ya+damn+right+you+are+_3b8720a97db9b6b9bd11b174188 2ade2.jpg

crawdaddy34
October 5th, 2013, 03:32 PM
We are back from vacation, and if it's not too late, I would like to attend...... w/ my wife as a +1. Mostly because she can't believe there is a whole group of guys as irreverent and un-politically correct as me.
To be fair, I warned her...........

And how many folks are bringing chili ? Do you want one that ain't gonna melt taste buds ? I have a recipe that's pretty good, but it won't make anyone fart sparks or crap lava....... Will a chili like that be "manly" enough for this event ?!

Done.

You can put me down for a +1. Gonna try to drag my dad along.

Done. Check your pm's...

Tack Driver
October 5th, 2013, 03:33 PM
If I need to +1, then +1 me.

crawdaddy34
October 5th, 2013, 03:46 PM
If I need to +1, then +1 me.

Your already coming. You don't need to be someones guest.... ;)

Cybercop106
October 5th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Hey Tack..... in case there's a future need, I found this..... http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/ele/4109346674.html

(http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/ele/4109346674.html)

Tack Driver
October 5th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Your already coming. You don't need to be someones guest.... ;)

LOL. Nah, I'm bringing Jafar's momma.

Hey Tack..... in case there's a future need, I found this..... http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/ele/4109346674.html

(http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/ele/4109346674.html)

LOL.

jonastio
October 5th, 2013, 04:25 PM
If we wanna do games, I can bring my PS3 or Xbox 360. I will whoop someone's ass in Tekken.

YankeeFingergasm
October 5th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Hey Craw....I see what you're doing...Bring some nice ones for us to ogle

crawdaddy34
October 5th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Hey Craw....I see what you're doing...Bring some nice ones for us to ogle

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

YankeeFingergasm
October 5th, 2013, 09:43 PM
These...... ​(.)(.)

Tack Driver
October 6th, 2013, 05:57 PM
These...... ​(.)(.)

I'll bring some. :D

0utlaw
October 6th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Moobs don't count:rolleyes:

BR549
October 14th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Is the date on this final? I'm ready to smash your taste buds with my amazeballs chili.

crawdaddy34
October 14th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Yes sir.

It's happening November 9th.

Shall I add you to the list?

Did you not get the e-mail Jonas sent about it?

Triad
October 14th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Craw - I'm in -

Mark

crawdaddy34
October 14th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Triad - I'll add you to the list as soon as I pick that savage up from you. :cool:

JK. I got you down.

Tack Driver
October 14th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Craw - I'm in -

Mark

That's good news. I thought you didn't like us anymore.

talon2
October 14th, 2013, 08:43 PM
I was able to get the night off from work. I'll be there.

crawdaddy34
October 14th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Got you down Talon2

Triad
October 15th, 2013, 09:29 AM
That's good news. I thought you didn't like us anymore.

Just been super busy Scott - working working - too tired to do much. Will be good to see y'all's again - should be a wing ding....

Tack Driver
October 15th, 2013, 10:43 AM
should be a wing ding....

Uhhhh, ............

I'm not.............

I'm not so sure I wanted to be associated with this any more.

jonastio
October 15th, 2013, 10:48 AM
With Triad dabbling in both art and writing, he could mean the font. :)

marcus6176
October 15th, 2013, 10:49 AM
What time is this event starting?

Tack Driver
October 15th, 2013, 10:50 AM
What time is this event starting?

When you get there bro.

marcus6176
October 15th, 2013, 11:05 AM
When you get there bro.
Nice lol. I have my son that weekend, but I might stop by for a little bit and let everybody play with my stuff (no homo). Glock 21 with osprey 45 suppressor, STI 1911, and 300 blackout with 30 cal suppressor.

Triad
October 15th, 2013, 10:03 PM
With Triad dabbling in both art and writing, he could mean the font. :)

Got me - Wing Dings it is....

Tack Driver
October 16th, 2013, 09:33 AM
http://forum.capitalcitygunforum.com/showthread.php?2532-Un-Official-CCGF-Fundraiser&p=26787#post26787

crawdaddy34
October 18th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Just a reminder...

This is going down on Saturday, November 9th, from 1400 - 1800 (ish).

If your coming and have never been to Talon before don't forget to get on Talons web-site, watch the new member video and take the new shooter quiz so you don't have to do it when you get there. THIS IS MANDATORY FOR EVERYONE! No quiz, no shooting.

Five videos at the bottom of the page - Watch them.

Talon Visitor and Guest Waiver - Sign it.

Talon Applicant Test - Take it.

Also, if you are bringing Chili please post up here OR PM me/Jonas/Molary so we can coordinate that part of it.

thedishdoc
October 18th, 2013, 03:35 PM
I'm going to try and make it also. Just watched the videos and took the test.

crawdaddy34
October 18th, 2013, 07:10 PM
I'm going to try and make it also. Just watched the videos and took the test.

I interpreted that as "I will be there" and put you in the confirmed list. :D

YankeeFingergasm
October 18th, 2013, 07:43 PM
All videos and forms can be found here http://www.talontraininggroup.com/Talon-Range

crawdaddy34
October 18th, 2013, 08:09 PM
All videos and forms can be found here http://www.talontraininggroup.com/Talon-Range

And/Or post #1 of this thread.

YankeeFingergasm
October 18th, 2013, 08:26 PM
And/Or post #1 of this thread.

Well I bet there's at least a handful of people that see your screen name and say "Ah hell, more knitting fun facts" and just move along.

Tack Driver
October 18th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Well I bet there's at least a handful of people that see your screen name and say "Ah hell, more knitting fun facts" and just move along.

LMAO! Rep'd.

TargetShooting
October 18th, 2013, 10:31 PM
I've got to ask, CAN I JOIN BIGDADDY?

Tack Driver
October 18th, 2013, 10:40 PM
I've got to ask, CAN I JOIN BIGDADDY?

Every member of CCGF is welcome. I would recommend for any new member to be there.

noleveyor
October 18th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Tack Driver = BIGDADDY..:rolleyes:

TargetShooting
October 18th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Tack Driver = BIGDADDY..:rolleyes:

K then, please count me in, I'll bring best Chilli sold in town (will ask around)

hambone33
October 19th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Are we still gonna throw a fire ? If we are I'll go grab a trailer full of pallets .

Rumbler
October 19th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Are we still gonna throw a fire ? If we are I'll go grab a trailer full of pallets .

I dunno. The place is really well lit. Especially during the day. :p

hambone33
October 19th, 2013, 03:31 PM
I dunno. The place is really well lit. Especially during the day. :p

Not nearly as cool standing around a lamp drinking a cool pop and socializing though ! :cool:

0utlaw
October 19th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Nothing like a big ass fire to bring out that caveman brotherhood:cool:

jonastio
October 20th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Put down Tileman +1

TargetShooting
October 23rd, 2013, 01:37 AM
Can't make it. Just signed up for PR class on same day.

Rumbler
October 23rd, 2013, 07:45 PM
Can't make it. Just signed up for PR class on same day.

I wish you could make the event. But I am even happier that you are taking Bob's PR class. EVERYONE needs to take that at least once.

jonastio
October 23rd, 2013, 08:32 PM
Well he could at least stop in for the rag chewing session after the shooting ends.

crawdaddy34
October 24th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Put down Tileman +1

Done

AB
October 24th, 2013, 06:05 PM
I have decided to come to the cookout/off instead of shooting the S Fl match. Unless other obligations manifest, I should be there.

crawdaddy34
October 24th, 2013, 07:17 PM
I have decided to come to the cookout/off instead of shooting the S Fl match. Unless other obligations manifest, I should be there.

You are on the list sir.

mogar
October 24th, 2013, 08:45 PM
I will try to be there.

Tack Driver
October 24th, 2013, 09:14 PM

I will try to be there.

http://www.sclero.org/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticons-yes.gif

YankeeFingergasm
October 24th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Welcome back Craw

talon2
October 24th, 2013, 09:27 PM
There will absolutely be a fire that night as long as it doesn't warm up significantly between now and then. This cool weather has me pawing the ground and rubbing my head on the trees as it is. I'm ready for a nice fire and some Single Barrel. No need for pallets, we have plenty of fire wood on the ground already.

jonastio
October 24th, 2013, 10:28 PM
I'm really getting excited about this. I look forward to hanging out with you folks.

crawdaddy34
October 25th, 2013, 07:39 AM
I will try to be there.

Your in

corradolvr
October 27th, 2013, 10:04 AM
I think I'll make it out. Still checking with the boss lady.

Tack Driver
October 27th, 2013, 10:14 AM

Boss lady will have company. I'm plus one, maybe plus 2. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/family-guy/quaqmire.gif

Mikec2003
October 27th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Count me in too

crawdaddy34
October 28th, 2013, 08:21 AM

Count me in too

Got you both down.

Boss lady will have company. I'm plus one, maybe plus 2. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/family-guy/quaqmire.gif

Added your potential 3rd.

crawdaddy34
October 28th, 2013, 08:24 AM
I don't know that it matters but...

I think there have only been a few that have said they are bringing groceries, and I haven't been keeping up with it.

If your planning on bringing chili I will start a list for anyone that cares, but you guys are gonna have to sound off again. I'm to lazy to go back thru 200 posts looking for the info...

Tack Driver
October 28th, 2013, 09:01 AM
I'll bring whatever, just let me know what "whatever" is.

crawdaddy34
October 28th, 2013, 09:08 AM
I'll bring whatever, just let me know what "whatever" is.

Well, MY suggestion would be to read the title of the thread....

but hey, what do I know anyway???

YankeeFingergasm
October 28th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Just to clear up some possible confusion. I spoke with someone this weekend about the cost of this for NON-TALON members. This event is entirely free to all CCGF members. The facilities and bay are being donated by Talon. I just wanted to repeat this in case there was any confusion. The $25 a day guest fee has been waived. Carry on.

Rumbler
October 28th, 2013, 11:24 AM
And I got a pack of "Hello My Name Is: __________" stickers so everyone can attach their screen name to their forehead. :p

Tack Driver
October 28th, 2013, 12:10 PM
I tend to not put my screen name on my name tag. I bet its kept me from getting punched at least once.

Rumbler
October 28th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Yeah. But thats is probably because you carry a tupperware 9MM, not because of the things you "say". :p

FLT
October 28th, 2013, 08:20 PM
I tend to not put my screen name on my name tag. I bet its kept me from getting punched at least once a day .

LOL Fixed it for you!

crawdaddy34
October 28th, 2013, 08:23 PM
LOL Fixed it for you!

LMAO! Rep'd

mogar
October 31st, 2013, 06:53 PM
He was found not guilty to all counts today. He stood up for the Second Amendment. He would be a good guest of honor.

Rumbler
October 31st, 2013, 07:31 PM
Does this mean we have to retract the invitation sent to Hussein Obama? :eek:

crawdaddy34
November 5th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Alright guys, it's almost time...

I had a pre-planning meeting with rumbler today, I think this is gonna turn out pretty good. We have a rough plan of attack that should get all smoothed out by saturday so we can all have a great time hanging out, shooting, shooting the shit.... and shit...

Only thing missing is the food.

We really need to get a count together for who is planning on bringing chili so we can work out the rest of it.

Try and let me know in the next couple days if you're bringing something so we can add it in to the plan...

jonastio
November 5th, 2013, 07:11 PM
I plan on bringing some beer and will throw in for some cups, 2 liters of soda, and some plastic spoons. Wifey and I will be hitting Sams soon, so let me know what to bring.

Johnny
November 5th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Fellows due to the fact that I had a bad nuclear stress test I will be unable to attend this sat>Waiting for the Doctor schedule me for stints in my heart!
Johnny

crawdaddy34
November 5th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Really sorry to hear that Johnny...

Hope everything goes OK for you. Let me know if you need anything...

Jonas - This is why you should fire me... I hadn't even considered accesories yet........

jonastio
November 5th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Well figure it out and let me know. I'll PM you my #.

YankeeFingergasm
November 6th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I'll bring a pot'o'chili, crackers and Tabasco.

crawdaddy34
November 6th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Good deal. Thanks YF.

Anyone that's NOT bringing chili that wants to help out post up or pm me, I have a list o shit that we need...

Not to guilt trip anyone but.... I'm trying to avoid asking Rumbler or Jonas to throw in on this since they keep this place up and running for us, but we need to lock down a few things pretty quick...

FLT
November 6th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Craw just post the list . Every body can then see what's needed and choose a item and post what their going to bring . It will go a lot quicker that way I think.

crawdaddy34
November 6th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Craw just post the list . Every body can then see what's needed and choose a item and post what their going to bring . It will go a lot quicker that way I think.

Or I could just do that.....

Plates
Bowls - hambone33
Cups
Utensils - hambine33
Paper Towels - yankeefingergasm
Soda - thedishdoc
Tea
Water - Cybercop106

Chili add-ins
crackers - yankeefingergasm, Cybercop106, thedishdoc
onion
cheese - Rumbler
etc. - Cybercop106

Burger fixin's (i heard a rumor that there may be some bambi burgers inbound...)

Camp stove if anyone has one (keep the chili warm) - Rumbler, hambone33

I'm sure that's not everything we need so if you spot what I'm forgetting feel free to add it...

Cybercop106
November 6th, 2013, 12:38 PM
We plan to bring chili, a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter, a gallon of milk, a box of crackers and a large jug of spring water........ anything else that's needed at the last minute, we can help with too.

thedishdoc
November 6th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I'll bring some crackers and some soda.

crawdaddy34
November 6th, 2013, 12:46 PM
...a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter, a gallon of milk...

uh, ok???

I guess that would fall under the "etc." classification?

Rumbler
November 6th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Craw, I added me for a camp stove (or two) and cheese. :cool:

Rumbler
November 6th, 2013, 08:55 PM
OH! Just and FYI, but I want to make sure that you all know;

The pro shop does sell drinks for $1.00 (including tax), and there is water, coke, diet coke, coke zero, sprite, *some* DR Pepper, Gator aid.

. . and probably something else I am forgetting . . . but the point is that stuff is there, available and on ice *if you want it*.

There is also a full size fridge and freezer, and a really snazzy microwave oven.

. . and even a sink with water and everything! :p

YankeeFingergasm
November 6th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Craw put me down for paper towels also. We'll definitely need those. Come guest list let's get these items taken care of for Cathy.

Cybercop106
November 6th, 2013, 09:23 PM
........a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter, a gallon of milk..........

uh, ok???
I guess that would fall under the "etc." classification?

Oh come on now. Don't tell me you lowbrow Fl Crackers eat chili w/o peanut butter sandwiches !?! How crass............ :cool:

crawdaddy34
November 7th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Craw put me down for paper towels also. We'll definitely need those. Come guest list let's get these items taken care of for Cathy.

Your not thinkin of bringin that cheap, single ply Costco brand shit are you? :cool:

Oh come on now. Don't tell me you lowbrow Fl Crackers eat chili w/o peanut butter sandwiches !?! How crass............ :cool:

Nope, that's a first for me bro.

The peanut butter sandwich part, not the crass part. Your DEFINITELY not the first to make THAT accusation. ;)

Rumbler
November 7th, 2013, 09:41 AM
I think it must be some kind of kinky Yankee thing, Craw. ;)

crawdaddy34
November 7th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I think it must be some kind of kinky Yankee thing, Craw. ;)

What? Using cheap ass Costco brand shit? :D

Rumbler
November 7th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Naw. Pnut butter samiches with chilli.

. . that hardly even sounds 'merican. ;)

thedishdoc
November 7th, 2013, 10:45 AM
That's an interesting combo, not one I've ever heard of.

crawdaddy34
November 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
That's an interesting combo, not one I've ever heard of.

What's that? Costco and cheap? I thought everyone knew that. :cool:

Ok, ill stop now....

I was just screwin with YF...

hambone33
November 7th, 2013, 11:50 AM
I'm in for a pot of chili , a couple of coolers of ice , some bowls , some spoons and a couple of camp stoves .

Cybercop106
November 7th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Naw. Pnut butter samiches with chilli.

. . that hardly even sounds 'merican. ;)

It's more a Midwestern thing. W/ a big glass of milk ! Ya don't know what yer missin' ! I prefer fresh, unprocessed milk, but stopped drinkin' it when a friend got brain-damage.... Dang cow stepped right on his head....

Rumbler
November 7th, 2013, 09:20 PM
I think that you know I was teasing . . . though I truly never have heard of peanut butter sandwiches with chilli it sounds interesting enough to try. . . . . once. :p

About that raw milk thing . . . I was born and raised on real cow squeezins. To this day I remember the first time I had a glass of what folks these days call milk. I was almost but not quite six. Dirt had not even been invented at that point. Anyway . . . even at six I thought "why would anyone drink this crap - THAT ain't milk! That is some kinda white water with no flavor!"

The reason I remember that so clearly is because I "thought it" out loud standing in the lunch line at elementary school. It got me a whap on the head from the lunch lady. Ahhh those were the days - act up and ANY grownup would straighten you out, without fear of repercussion.

I miss the good old days. But not so much that particular lunch lady. ;)

Jmoorewar
November 7th, 2013, 11:29 PM
I'll be late.430 5ish.i prolly won't bring shit cause the wife's not comming,and when no wife,justin doesn't do shit.just me and my gun(hopefully I get there in enough time to shoot)sucks being late to your own party that craw planned everything for you lol.

YankeeFingergasm
November 7th, 2013, 11:32 PM
I'll be late.430 5ish.i prolly won't bring shit cause the wife's not comming,and when no wife,justin doesn't do shit.just me and my gun(hopefully I get there in enough time to shoot)sucks being late to your own party that craw planned everything for you lol.

You're the WORST!!

Jmoorewar
November 7th, 2013, 11:37 PM
That is true.now yank send my dumb ass a link to the videos I have to watch to get on talons good side please

YankeeFingergasm
November 7th, 2013, 11:39 PM
http://www.talontraininggroup.com/Talon-Range/Talon-Range-Guest-Video-1-of-3

http://www.talontraininggroup.com/Talon-Range/Talon-Visitor-Orientation-2-of-3

http://www.talontraininggroup.com/Talon-Range/Talon-Range-Rules-Video-3-of-3

jonastio
November 8th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Craw, let me know what folks are slacking on before close of business and I'll hit Sam's to pick it up.

Cybercop106
November 8th, 2013, 10:01 AM
About that raw milk thing . . . I was born and raised on real cow squeezins. To this day I remember the first time I had a glass of what folks these days call milk. I was almost but not quite six. Dirt had not even been invented at that point. Anyway . . . even at six I thought "why would anyone drink this crap - THAT ain't milk! That is some kinda white water with no flavor!"
The reason I remember that so clearly is because I "thought it" out loud standing in the lunch line at elementary school. It got me a whap on the head from the lunch lady. Ahhh those were the days - act up and ANY grownup would straighten you out, without fear of repercussion.
I miss the good old days. But not so much that particular lunch lady. ;)

I'm right there with ya. I grew up on my grandparent's poultry farm in the 60's, and they had a couple cows. I remember my Grandma skimming cream off the milk and she even churned some butter for homemade bread. I also recall in kindergarten when I first drank milk out of a carton..... I got in trouble for arguing that it wasn't milk......
Never got smacked by a lunch lady but through high school in the 70's the teachers and principals were still whupping asses w/ a paddle......

corradolvr
November 8th, 2013, 11:54 AM
I've never been to talon before. Any suggestion on what best to bring? Shotgun, pistol, rifle, long/short range, tactical? I know they do it all, but what do they do best?

crawdaddy34
November 8th, 2013, 01:27 PM
The plan is to occupy the last 50 yard range (furthest out from the pro shop). That will give us the largest variation on shooting distances, and put us right next to the rimfire and centerfire steel ranges. Down side is it does move us about as far from the rifle range as possible.... It will be availible, as I understand it, for anyone that wants to do some long range stuff, just gonna be little walk involved.

Hopefully this will give you an idea of what to expect and what you may want to bring...

Rumbler
November 8th, 2013, 02:00 PM
. . . I know they do it all, but what do they do best?

Teach. Train.:cool:

It may be helpful to understand that Talon Range was built for the purpose of giving us an appropriate place to train citizens in defensive firearms skills and tactics.

As it turns out, we do a heck of a lot of that. Even law enforcement and the military - even the military of other countries - have recognized and acknowledged that we are pretty darned good. So they have began training with us also.

Thus, it is viewed as incumbent on us to be able to accommodate virtually any firearm. And we do that. From the .22LR to the .50BMG and .408 Cheytac. We are full auto/select fire friendly, suppressor friendly, shotgun friendly, heck we even tolerate people who want to shoot the 9mm pistol. :p

So . . . bring whatcha got. We have a place to shoot it that is appropriate.:cool:

crawdaddy34
November 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM
...heck we even tolerate people who want to shoot the 9mm pistol....

LMFAO!

+Rep'd

Highlander
November 8th, 2013, 04:46 PM
From the .22LR to the .50BMG and .408 Cheytac. We are full auto/select fire friendly, suppressor friendly, shotgun friendly, heck we even tolerate people who want to shoot the 9mm pistol.

Don't forget, airsoft training facilities and archery as well!

jonastio
November 8th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Okay, I'll pick up some plates (I don't plan on getting too many since we should already have bowls), cups and tea.

Probably bring a couple of gallons of publix tea or something. I'll also be bringing a few beers, and since I don't drink, it will be all for you wonderful folks.

Mikec2003
November 8th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Well, count me out. Coworker passed a nasty bug to me. Im pissed, small game is tomorrow

jonastio
November 8th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Okay, four 2 liters of coke, a stack of plates, a couple of sleeves of cups and a case of yuengling. Will do the rest tomorrow.

crawdaddy34
November 8th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Well, count me out. Coworker passed a nasty bug to me. Im pissed, small game is tomorrow

Aww, that sucks man...

Okay, four 2 liters of coke, a stack of plates, a couple of sleeves of cups and a case of yuengling. Will do the rest tomorrow.

Good lookin out Jonas

YankeeFingergasm
November 8th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Chili's on!!

Rumbler
November 8th, 2013, 10:59 PM
I stopped and got a pile of cheese, hotdogs couple of pounds of hamburger (thinking of the chillins, mostly), buns for both.

Today I got the grill/smoker and the (big!) two burner propane stove setup . . . with a new bottle of gas.

Talon2 got a bigass brick fire ring built and enough wood pulled out and cut up to set the planet on fire. Oh, and I understand he is bringing a pot of his intergalactically famous bambi chilli too.

I should mention . . .

That place is going to be jumping tomorrow. We have an all day CWL program and tactical Carbine I running simultaneously, in addition to our normal weekend load of shooters.

My strong suggestion would be that if you need to unload stuff pull into the pro shop parking lot (the buildings have labels on them), unload into the lounge (building to the right facing the pro shop) then go park your vehicle in what we call the 'overflow lot'. Right as you reach the range in your vehicle, the pro shop is to your left. The driveway into the 'overflow lot' is immediately to your right. It is kind of a four way intersection.

Clear as mud? . . . . I'll try and get some kind of sign put up ahead of time . . . :o

Tack Driver
November 8th, 2013, 11:14 PM
(thinking of the chillins, mostly)

Chillins?

YankeeFingergasm
November 8th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Chillins?

The kids! Those with a much smaller snot locker.

Tack Driver
November 9th, 2013, 09:04 AM
The kids! Those with a much smaller snot locker.

LOL.

I'm well aware what they are. Are people bringing theirs? If there are going to be other kids, we'll bring her 6 year old. I just didn't think she'd have anybody to play with.

Rumbler
November 9th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Chillins is ALWAYS welcome at the range. It is a policy thing . . .

Besides, speaking of policy, we get to shoot the parents of the uncontrollable ones.:cool:

Just kidding about that last part. We are not allowed to do anything more than taze the parents.:(

But . . . we do have a single-shot bolt action "Cricket", and a mid-size Marlin single shot bolt action rifle, and a brick of .22 short, donated, and available FOR FREE to parents for use in introducing their . . . chillins . . . to the wonderful world of 'chootin.

Oh yeah, and we have four pallets (racks) full of really fun steel 'spinners' on their own designated range. Pigs, chickens, coke bottles, all kinds of fun shapes.:D

AB
November 9th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Sorry if I missed it, but what time are folks going to arrive?

YankeeFingergasm
November 9th, 2013, 12:02 PM
2pm until.......

AB
November 9th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Copy