Pages : 1 [2]

HarleyBrent
November 9th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Much credit to all involved! Good time

Cybercop106
November 9th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Much credit to all involved! Good time
I concur !
Was good to put a face (and personality) to the names on here. Good to meet ya'll that made it. Sorry the others couldn't.

Jmoorewar
November 9th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Yea it was nice,wish I wasn't so late but it shall happen again....maybe on a day off for me

jonastio
November 10th, 2013, 02:16 AM
That. Was. Awesome.

You guys kick ass. Talon kicks ass for donating to us the use of their facilities.

The chili was excellent. I think we were supposed to be judging or something, but mingling with you kind folk just took on a life of its own and we just had fun with y'all instead.

Tack really appreciated the antacids I brought, too.

Honestly, I've needed a fun evening like that for a while and you guys delivered in a big way. I look forward to the next CCGF gathering!

Rumbler
November 10th, 2013, 07:56 AM
What a great group of folks. Especially me. :p

Seriously though, without you all it would be no fun at all. Neither would this place be.

Thank you. To each and every one of you.

HarleyBrent
November 10th, 2013, 08:21 AM
What a great group of folks. Especially me. :p

Seriously though, without you all it would be no fun at all. Neither would this place be.

Thank you. To each and every one of you.
Serously Rumbler you are a big part of the success of both of these venues.
Also I +repd you for letting us shoot your M1A all day, I should +rep you again for your M1A tool!

HarleyBrent
November 10th, 2013, 08:27 AM
That. Was. Awesome.

You guys kick ass. Talon kicks ass for donating to us the use of their facilities.

The chili was excellent. I think we were supposed to be judging or something, but mingling with you kind folk just took on a life of its own and we just had fun with y'all instead.

Honestly, I've needed a fun evening like that for a while and you guys delivered in a big way. I look forward to the next CCGF gathering!
Poobah, it was good to meet you and your father.

YankeeFingergasm
November 10th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Great day and I think great fun had by all. Some of you I met for the first time and for the repeat offenders it either says something good about y'all or me that I'd want to hang out with y'all again. Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen. I can't wait for the next one.

Johnny
November 10th, 2013, 05:46 PM
I am sorry I missed this event but due to Doctors orders I would not have been any fun.Looking forward to the next get to gether.

Tack Driver
November 11th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Crawdaddy, congratulations on a job well done. I know it was like herding cats. You pulled it off.

Man, what a great night. Wish I could have stayed later. It looked like JD was just getting into his stride. Speaking of......

I was able to get the night off from work.

You did indeed!

Is the date on this final? I'm ready to smash your taste buds with my amazeballs chili.

It wasn't that good.

Yeah, it's good to have people around that you can rely on when your FUCKING ESOPHAGUS IS EATING ITSELF.

jonastio
November 11th, 2013, 01:19 AM
I offered you a throat coat but you turned me down.

AB
November 11th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Just getting around to posting about it, but I had a great time at the cookout. I already knew most everyone, but it was nice to meet everyone else! All the chili was outstanding, as indicated by the fact I ate a ton of it. I'm very glad I didn't have anything social to do for the next 12 hours or so and my wife got really tired of hiding from all those barking spiders! Next time, we have to detail someone for the dessert cart. We were a bit light on the sweets!

I could do a get together like that again very soon. Busy lives seem to stand in the way of everyone being there I'd like to see (and see again), and I'm thinking if we had something like this more often it would give folks more of an opportunity to cycle through. I'm always interested in what other hobbies/interests/jobs the other forum members have and it seems many of us have mad skills that don't get addressed much. We could teach each other a lot!

I know that the shooting was a side note to the cooking (ok, so I know that now), but I have to say I had a lot of fun on the range. Normally shooting for me is mostly business and it was great to get out there with Tack, Cybercop & Spouse, Craw, and YankeeF, and the rest and just plink and share guns. I really didn't think I was going to like the XS big dot sight, but it turns out they are ok!

You guys are all solid shooters and I'd share a range with you any time.

Tack Driver
November 11th, 2013, 08:25 AM
We were a bit light on the sweets!

Only because you ate them all. You had, like a pound of candy.

AB
November 11th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Yes, yes I did, but leftover Halloween candy hardly counts! I thought about bringing some cheesecake or pie, but I really thought we would be buried under dessert items!

Tack Driver
November 11th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Yes, yes I did, but leftover Halloween candy hardly counts! I thought about bringing some cheesecake or pie, but I really thought we would be buried under dessert items!

We had beersicles.

corradolvr
November 11th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Thanks all that put this thing together. I had a good time meeting you all. Had to leave early due to the wife, but I'm looking forward to the next get together. I'm probably gonna have to join that range now......

Jmoorewar
November 11th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Thanks all that put this thing together. I had a good time meeting you all. Had to leave early due to the wife, but I'm looking forward to the next get together. I'm probably gonna have to join that range now......wives piss me off too.got to love it.

Triad
November 11th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Good times guys - great turnout and a lot of fun. Enjoyed it immensley. Was nice to see Mike and Jonas get a little thank-you (well more than a little)....
It was great all around. Man the chili was awesome.

talon2
November 11th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Boys, It had been a while since I did that.

Triad
November 11th, 2013, 09:33 PM

Well dog my cats and shuck my peas....

YankeeFingergasm
November 11th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Well dog my cats and shuck my peas....

That may be the single most important thing I took away from the night. That or, "it's my place so eff you" (paraphrasing on that one) ahaha

Rumbler
November 11th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Y'all better know that the very fist thing I did this morning was get all the goldfish washed and ready to go for the day! :p

YankeeFingergasm
November 11th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Y'all better know that the very fist thing I did this morning was get all the goldfish washed and ready to go for the day! :p

LMAO, I forgot about the goldfish by god.

Triad
November 11th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Hamis fell out of the hayloft on cadiip and it will take a lot of ..... something like that.... (had to be there, LOL).

jonastio
November 11th, 2013, 11:01 PM
I liked it when Tack called out to the departing Triad about viewing his wood shop, and Triad continuing to walk like nothing was spoken.

We chuckled and said "I think that meant 'NO.'"

Triad
November 11th, 2013, 11:06 PM
I liked it when Tack called out to the departing Triad about viewing his wood shop, and Triad continuing to walk like nothing was spoken.

We chuckled and said "I think that meant 'NO.'"

Now, now, I actually said, "it's kinda late, isn't it"? (as I was headed to the car).

It's much easier to get away with things like that with people who have been drinking...

Tack's a good sport - no harm, no foul....

Tack Driver
November 11th, 2013, 11:56 PM

LOL. You're still good at it. Besides, it's good for you.

Thanks for having us.

LMAO, I forgot about the goldfish by god.

Shit. I must have missed that.

BR549
November 12th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Yeah, needless to say I didn't make it. I had a couple sick kids and only had time to myself in the morning (so I came to Talon anyway and sighted in a slug gun and my deer rifle.) but I had to leave by noon. They were dragging picnic tables around with tractors and building a wood pile when I was there. Sorry to miss it.

thedishdoc
November 12th, 2013, 11:30 AM
I sure enjoyed meeting everyone, seeing the range and eating the chili. That was alot of fun.

crawdaddy34
November 12th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Sorry I couldn't check in earlier but I had some rough shit to deal with the last couple days...

Anyway...

Thank you to all that made it out and help make it a great event. I had a great time, met some top notch folks, and even learned some shit. (thanks again AB)

And a HUGE thank you to Talon for opening the range to us. You guys have a first rate facility and great group of guys running things.

Oh, and a thank you goes out to Jlfar as well, for allowing it to be a family friendly day... I'm happy to report that no potatoes were harmed in the making of this event. :cool:

Greg Kulbick
November 12th, 2013, 11:49 AM
So when's the next one of these hootenannies for me to miss going to be?

crawdaddy34
November 12th, 2013, 11:53 AM
I've been kinda wrapped up in shit the last couple days and haven't thought that far ahead...

But I'm sure someone will come up with another idea that I can steal soon... (thanks again jmoorewar :cool:)

jonastio
November 12th, 2013, 01:08 PM
I was kinda thinking, what if we all hit up the Golden Corral or something like that in February?

Tack Driver
November 12th, 2013, 01:08 PM
I cannot imagine a venue more suited to our group than Talon. They now have fire pit, a fridge for beer, a big ass TV, and I even heard something from AB about a place there that you can shoot guns and stuff.

crawdaddy34
November 12th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Yeah, but I snuck in and rolled the farts out of the chili beans and used my scrotum to do it

Impossible.

This event was in Florida so....

crawdaddy34
November 12th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I know its WAY early but I was kicking around an idea a week or so ago...

October 1st we should all get together and go see a live band somewhere....

In memory of Rudy. :cool:

AB
November 12th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Although my attendance at these events is a bit...inconsistent...I do try and make them! I'd love to have another one soon. It need not be as large in scale as the last one, just maybe some burgers on a grill and an afternoon of shooting.

YankeeFingergasm
November 12th, 2013, 07:56 PM
I know its WAY early but I was kicking around an idea a week or so ago...

October 1st we should all get together and go see a live band somewhere....

In memory of Rudy. :cool:

Huh?

Jmoorewar
November 12th, 2013, 09:26 PM
If were voting on the chili I vote for yanks.i tried all I saw and his was the best that I had.most flavorful.

YankeeFingergasm
November 12th, 2013, 10:05 PM
I heard it came in a can labeled, "Kirklands."

Hey I put care and love into that chili. I just forgot the salt lol. Thanks though JM for the vote of confidence.

Jmoorewar
November 12th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Huh?

Hey I put care and love into that chili. I just forgot the salt lol. Thanks though JM for the vote of confidence.they all needed salt,that's why I dumped franks red hot on them.

marcus6176
November 13th, 2013, 01:43 AM
I want to go, but my son I would take to the fair. I was going to come after the fair, but we were there for 6 plus hours, he passed out as soon as he sat down in his car seat. I will make sure to make the next one.

crawdaddy34
November 14th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Huh?

That was the day douche canoe got banned...

I thought it would be fun to memorialize him by going to see a live band...

See what I did there?

jonastio
November 14th, 2013, 06:04 PM
We could just dress Skip up in a dress and make him play his banjo.

Tack Driver
November 15th, 2013, 10:24 AM
That was the day douche canoe got banned...

I thought it would be fun to memorialize him by going to see a live band...

See what I did there?

I don't get it.

Now, if you said, "Let's all go take a tour of Magpul's headquarters, get tattoos, and/or rent out the Extended Stay and throw a block party", that would make sense.