PDA

View Full Version : Bass Pro Tallahassee Opening/Party

BR549
September 3rd, 2013, 09:15 PM
Anybody going?

Press release:

Local conservation groups to benefit from Bass Pro Shops opening.

What:
Special "Evening for Conservation" and ribbon-cutting ceremony at Bass Pro Shops Outpost in Tallahassee, Fla.

Who:
Officials scheduled to attend include Bass Pro Shops Founder Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops Director of Conservation Martin Mac Donald, City of Tallahassee Mayor John R. Marks, Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission Executive Director Nick Wiley, Bass Pro Shops Store Manager Jeff Shaw, and numerous officials and dignitaries. In addition, Florida Governor Rick Scott has been invited to attend.

Where:
Bass Pro Shops Outpost, 4059 Lagniappe Way, located in the Fallschase development.

When:
Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013

Time:
Ribbon cutting ceremony will be 6-6:30 p.m.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. --An all-star cast that reads like a 'who's who' in the world of sports, entertainment and the great outdoors joins together to help Bass Pro Shops celebrate a spectacular "Evening for Conservation," Wednesday, Sept. 4, at 6 p.m. at the new Bass Pro Shops Outpost.

Celebrities scheduled to appear and sign autographs that night include Bass Pro Shops #14 Sprint Cup Series NASCARŪ driver, Tony Stewart; former Atlanta Braves first baseman and host of "Hardcore Hunting TV," Ryan Klesko; host of "George Poveromo's World of Saltwater Fishing" television show on NBC Sports, George Poveromo; host of "Bass 2 Billfish with Peter Miller" on NBC Sports and three-time "World Sailfish Championship" champion Peter Miller; "Larysa Unleashed" television show on NBC Sports, Larysa Switlyk; and newly-crowned 2014 Miss Florida USA, Brittany Oldehoff.

John Paul Morris, RedHead Pro Hunting Team member, also will be available and legendary angler and television host Jimmy Houston, of "Jimmy Houston Outdoors" will serve as emcee for the event.

Musical entertainment for the evening will be provided by the 2013 Georgia Band of the Year "Highway 55." A special color guard presentation will be made by the National Guard Armory.

Located at 4059 Lagniappe Way in the Fallschase retail development, the 70,000 square-foot store will officially open its doors for a preview celebration during the fundraising event and ribbon-cutting ceremony Wednesday, Sept. 4 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.

For every dollar spent during the "Evening for Conservation" 50 cents will be donated to the "Wildlife Foundation Florida" in support of Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Their initiatives and programs include fish and wildlife resources; teaching kids outdoor skills; getting kids involved in the outdoors; and programs such as "TrophyCatch."

Local conservation groups and agencies on hand Wednesday evening will include the National Wild Turkey Federation, National Rifle Association, Quality Deer Management Association, Ducks Unlimited, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. They will have booths and displays set up to create awareness about their ongoing efforts and local projects.

Bass Pro Shops Founder Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops Director of Conservation Martin Mac Donald, City of Tallahassee Mayor John R. Marks, Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission Executive Director Nick Wiley, and Director of Freshwater Fisheries and Management Tom Champeau are among those scheduled to attend the ribbon-cutting ceremony.

For the racing enthusiasts, the Bass Pro Shops #14 SprintŪ Cup Series will be on display throughout the grand opening. Other special exhibits that evening include the "King of Bucks" mobile exhibit featuring 25 world-record white-tailed deer mounts.

The Grand Opening Celebration begins Thursday, Nov. 5 and continues through Sunday, Nov, 8. The store will open at 8 a.m. Thursday and at 9 a.m. (normal opening hours) Friday and Saturday, and 10 a.m. Sunday. The celebration includes special exhibits, store- wide savings on a huge assortment of products, and fantastic giveaways. Experts on fishing, hunting, boating and more will be available to talk with customers. In addition, factory representatives from the industry's top manufacturers will be on hand to answer new product questions.

Bass Pro Shops will host more than 116 million people visiting their 77 stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada this year. The average customer stays two and a half hours and drives an average distance of 50 plus miles. Bass Pro Shops was recently named by Advertising Age magazine as one of the Top 10 Hottest Brands in America along with name brands such as Old Spice, M&M's, iPad and Droid. The company also has been named by J.D. Powers & Associates as one of the top eight retailers in America for customer service excellence.

Widely recognized for their efforts in conservation and outdoor education, Bass Pro Shops has received more conservation awards than any other outdoors retailer. Also, the store will offer free "Outdoor Skills Workshops" for adults, kids and families.

Bass Pro Shops' award-winning outdoor stores are known for combining retail with entertainment, conservation and outdoor education. More than just a fishing and hunting store, Bass Pro Shops stores offer equipment and clothing for hiking, backpacking, wildlife viewing, camping, outdoor cooking and more. A gift and nature center also serves up a wide variety of outdoor-related items from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture. Their expansive boat showroom features Tracker, Nitro, SunTracker, Tahoe, Grizzly and Mako boats built by Tracker Marine Group, the world's largest manufacturer of fishing boats. - See more at: http://www.thefishingwire.com/story/296462#sthash.o8cp3X10.dpuf

YankeeFingergasm
September 3rd, 2013, 09:22 PM
I may walk over there.

polebarn
September 3rd, 2013, 09:31 PM
I hope they don't let Marks get near the guns.

substratum
September 3rd, 2013, 11:41 PM
My church does Family Night Dinner @ 6:00 pm on the 1st Wednesday of each month, and for me, that is FAR more appealing than a ribbon cutting. I'll likely drop by BPS on Thursday, though.

Just noticed that they got the month wrong in half of the press release.

Dale Gribble
September 4th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Hopefully I can get a box of 22lr.

RudySightsOnWheels
September 4th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Oh shit

polebarn
September 4th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Will you be allowed to conceal carry?

BR549
September 4th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Jimmy Houston and Miss Florida. Wow. How about Ryan Klesko, never saw that one coming.I think Klesko has gone all pro-hunter TV star now...

And Jimmy Houston is a riot.

polebarn
September 5th, 2013, 10:55 AM
So how was it? No one went?Ammo report? Guns available,etc.?

thedishdoc
September 5th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Ammo out the wang. Lots of .22, .223 250 packs of 9mm. All you want. I got a 1000 round box of Winchester M-22, a 525 round box of Remington .22 and a killer 3 set of .22 steel spinner targets that was $24.95 for all three targets. I like to shoot steel. I was there about 15 minutes ago. Still had lots of .22 but it was going FAST!

BR549
September 5th, 2013, 01:46 PM
I didn't go, had a conflict. One of my friends went and met his son's fishing hero, Peter Miller from Bass2Billfish and another friend went, saw the insane line to get in, and turned around and went home.

Dale Gribble
September 5th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I didn't go, had a conflict. One of my friends went and met his son's fishing hero, Peter Miller from Bass2Billfish and another friend went, saw the insane line to get in, and turned around and went home.

I went to the grand opening of Dicks. I think 20 people showed up.

polebarn
September 5th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Ammo out the wang. Lots of .22, .223 250 packs of 9mm. All you want. I got a 1000 round box of Winchester M-22, a 525 round box of Remington .22 and a killer 3 set of .22 steel spinner targets that was $24.95 for all three targets. I like to shoot steel. I was there about 15 minutes ago. Still had lots of .22 but it was going FAST!

I was there an hour ago and only saw the 375ct. Troy Landry .22 and no 250 packs of 9mm. But 99% of the staff behind the gun counter had no clue about anything related to guns and listening to obnoxious Northern customers relay their advice on carry guns and ammo and tactics made me get the hell out of there. I'll go back when things are calmer and the part time outdoors people are working on spread sheets.It is a nice store.
Handgun prices were about $50 less on average than Kevins.

Tack Driver
September 5th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Nice place. Bought a couple knives.

I keep buying knives like I need them. It's like women inexplicably buying shoes they don't need and won't wear. It's a bad habit, and I got it.

Tack Driver
September 5th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Buy my SOG Twitch XL Tanto

You didn't buy my PMR.

surfer5
September 5th, 2013, 04:38 PM
some incriminating shit...

Keep posting this stuff outside the crab shack and you might not even get to ban 1 before you're booted. Just sayin'.

Tack Driver
September 5th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Good call surfer. Burn the evidence Highlander!

Highlander
September 5th, 2013, 04:42 PM
What evidence? Thanks for the quote edit surfer.

Highlander
September 5th, 2013, 04:47 PM
By the way, the crab shack isn't a completely safe forum either.

Jmoorewar
September 5th, 2013, 04:56 PM
I went,lots of ammo just WAY to many people to be enjoyable

Highlander
September 5th, 2013, 04:57 PM
I might miss out on some deals, but I think I'm going to wait a couple weeks.

Jmoorewar
September 5th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Ill go back when there's not a 1000 people in there

thedishdoc
September 6th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Nice place. Bought a couple knives.

I keep buying knives like I need them. It's like women inexplicably buying shoes they don't need and won't wear. It's a bad habit, and I got it.
I am a knife dealer buddy. Next time you want something, let me know, I might be able to get you a better price.

Tack Driver
September 6th, 2013, 09:25 AM
I am a knife dealer buddy. Next time you want something, let me know, I might be able to get you a better price.

Where have you been on the last 11teen billion?

crawdaddy34
September 6th, 2013, 09:26 AM

What do you deal in dishdoc???

RudySightsOnWheels
September 6th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I got blades for the low

Highlander
September 6th, 2013, 11:14 AM
You got any a dem kneck blades?

WinterSoldier
September 6th, 2013, 07:03 PM
I went out to BassPro at about 3:30 today and was surprised to see a full parking lot and people coming out the doors with cars full of bags full of something. All I know is that I found the place decidedly uninteresting. They have nothing at all for hand loading: no equipment or supplies. So what good is BassPro? I don't need any "outdoor style" clothing, fishing poles, or new guns.

crawdaddy34
September 6th, 2013, 07:05 PM
I went out to BassPro at about 3:30 today and was surprised to see a full parking lot and people coming out the doors with cars full of bags full of something. All I know is that I found the place decidedly uninteresting. They have nothing at all for hand loading: no equipment or supplies. So what good is BassPro? I don't need any "outdoor style" clothing, fishing poles, or new guns.

HOLY SHIT! You're telling me that I can DRIVE around in there?!?!? That's fuckin AWESOME!!!

I had no idea BPS had a drive thru!

WinterSoldier
September 6th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Go ahead on and do that. Tell 'em I said it was O.K.

Either that or realize that "car" was supposed to be "cart".

crawdaddy34
September 6th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Go ahead on and do that. Tell 'em I said it was O.K.

Either that or realize that "car" was supposed to be "cart".

Fuckin tease......:D

YankeeFingergasm
September 6th, 2013, 09:17 PM
I picked up some 22 and 5.56. They had the 5.56 for 8.97 with a limit of 20. I didn't limit but I'm good to go for Bob's AR class next weekend.

substratum
September 6th, 2013, 11:33 PM
The guy on the ammo aisle told me that they stock the ammo shelves after closing at night, and do not restock the shelves at all during the day, though they are keeping the island with the advertised ammo specials restocked. He said they have a lot of stock in the back. He recommended getting their early to pick up the stuff that is flying off the shelves. It was still too busy for my comfort level.

Tack Driver
September 7th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Even now the parking lot is mostly full. :confused:

crawdaddy34
September 7th, 2013, 08:16 AM
My dad went yesterday afternoon and sent me a picture of the inside. I said, yup I'll wait about 6 months.

To many cars???

Tack Driver
September 7th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Being from Sopchoppy, i could tell you there were flying cars in the big city and your people would believe it. :cool:

Fuck, just tell them we have some that start without hand cranks and some that even run on e-lec-tricical. That would blow their minds just the same.

0utlaw
September 7th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Y'all keep talkin we're jist settin here a tunein our banjo's wait fer ya ta come by..........Y'all sher got perdy lips

Danman
September 7th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Went there and checked it out with the family. Pretty crazy, but lines moved fast (compared to Dick's a few weeks ago). Seemed to have quite a bit of ammo stocked.

Rumbler
September 9th, 2013, 09:26 AM
I was talking to someone from there at the range yesterday.

Since they opened the doors in Tallahassee they have sold over 1.3 MILLION rounds of ammunition in total. Most of that being .22 rimfire.

Serious friggin hoarding going on if you ask me. :mad:

Tack Driver
September 9th, 2013, 09:33 AM
They are sure moving product. They ran out of their "Rewards Cards" so many people have signed up for them, and they had PALLETS (yes plural) of them is what the customer service counter chick told me.

Dicks was kind of busy, so was Academy, but I haven't seen anything like this in this town. It looks like the zombie hordes over there, and they have so far seemed relentless.

BlueBronco
September 9th, 2013, 10:23 AM
HOLY SHIT! You're telling me that I can DRIVE around in there?!?!? That's fuckin AWESOME!!!

I had no idea BPS had a drive thru!

The Drive Through is in the "boat dept."

BlueBronco
September 9th, 2013, 10:24 AM
They are sure moving product. They ran out of their "Rewards Cards" so many people have signed up for them, and they had PALLETS (yes plural) of them is what the customer service counter chick told me.

Dicks was kind of busy, so was Academy, but I haven't seen anything like this in this town. It looks like the zombie hordes over there, and they have so far seemed relentless.

Dick's is screwed with their own tool.