PDA

View Full Version : Banners bring you joy

jonastio
May 27th, 2012, 11:08 PM
I usually LOVE AdBlock. It keeps a lot of the garbage out of your face. It'd be super-special if you all could disable AdBlock just for our site. I've even got a super-special banner up there that isn't an advertisement.

Just click on the AdBlock icon and select "Don't run on pages on this domain"

I can promise you we won't be running any freaky flash or java banners that will risk your system. Just plain-jane pictures from respectable organizations. Only one per page too, at the very top. We're not going to start putting ads in the middle of threads (I hate that).

You can take this time to voice your opinions on any ads we have or will put up on the site.

Something like "While I really like the boobies in the ad, it makes it hard to browse the site at work." If that's the case, I'll come up with an alternative.

noleveyor
May 27th, 2012, 11:22 PM
"While I really like the boobies in the ad, it makes it hard to browse the site at work." If that's the case, I'll come up with an alternative.

Work, Home, with younger children.......

I've learned that I must preview most of my gun/shooting sites before letting my daughters read them with me and I'll be honest I haven't let them look at this site yet because of the boobs banner at the top. A NSFW label that doesn't display without selecting it would be helpful to those of us with young daughters we are trying to share the site with.

jonastio
May 27th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I was kinda sketchin on whether I should really post it.

I'll take it down and spend some time working up something a little more family friendly.

haireola
May 29th, 2012, 09:30 AM
We need more dancing mortgage cowboys