PDA

View Full Version : Sincere Thanks

Airgator0470
August 27th, 2013, 04:44 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to THANK everyone who has taken the time to come train with me at Signal-0 and thank those who have expressed an interest in attending a future class. There is no better statement of support one can make than actually giving an instructor the opportunity to earn their respect. While my operation is a small one, my goal is to EARN the respect of each and every student I have the honor of working with by providing no-nonsense quality training at an affordable price.

Equally important, I would like to take a minute to clearly state my training objectives and offer my opinion reference the "Training Industry" as a whole.

Signal-0 Productions is just my attempt to de-commercialize the training opportunities available so citizens feel comfortable with the idea of seeking professional training. I can not tell you how many times over the years I hear people express an interest in attending a training class yet the expenses involved have proven to be prohibitive (travel, tuition, ammunition, instructor attitude, etc.). Signal-0 can offer quality training at affordable prices simply because of one major factor... this is NOT a business for me in the pure sense of the word. This is nothing more than ME offering YOU the chance to shoot and train while YOU offer me a chance to improve... simple enough. In short, I would like people to consider Signal-0 Productions as a "training option".

I would also like to address the course content. You will notice Signal-0 offers two classes in Handgun and two classes in AR15. While each discipline has what is referred to as an "Advanced" class... I'm not a believer in anything "advanced" per se. I am deeply committed to the philosophy that good performance is rooted in the Basics of Marksmanship. I have attended too many courses taught by excellent accomplished instructors that have expressed the same opinions for me not to continue to believe it so. You will not find me trying to reinvent the wheel or trying to teach multi-layered approaches to simple yet crucial tasks such as drawing a weapon, reloading, clearing malfunctions. I'll leave the color coding and numerical steps to the other instructors. My opinion is "if it REALLY works for you, then do it".

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUN SHOPS AND RANGES. Despite the allure of internet sales, each person should strive to support local firearms-related businesses as best as they can. Even if you do not make a major purchase, try to stop in on occasion and buy something, even if small or inexpensive. Those with store fronts or range facilities have sacrificed quite a bit to bring products and opportunities to the local market (that means YOU)... in a time that I feel is most important to our 2nd Amendment rights I might add. I feel it is incumbent upon EVERY gun owner to JOIN a local range regardless of how often you think you will utilize the facility. Wake Up America... places to go shoot are becoming fewer and fewer overall. Don't put off supporting those who have the same interests you do... some day, it might be too late. Do what ever you can to strengthen local businesses and ranges so the local area becomes the standard by which others are measured.

In closing, I'm just a regular guy having fun doing what I love... shooting and teaching. Like my site says... we are in competition with no one. I will do what ever it takes to get you involved in training. Do not let money, firearms, ammo, or gear stand in your way. If you are SINCERE and have a true need... contact me, I'm sure we can work it out.

I look forward to meeting more of the members here, until then... STAY SAFE.

Bob Capps

YankeeFingergasm
August 27th, 2013, 09:04 PM
I think I can speak for everyone when I give a sincere thank you to you as well Bob. The sharing of knowledge, advice, experiences and good times is appreciated. I wish you nothing but the best Bob and know that Signal-0 Productions has had and will continue to have a huge impact on this community. I can't wait for the AR class.

30plusretlaw
August 28th, 2013, 07:58 AM
I think I can speak for everyone when I give a sincere thank you to you as well Bob. The sharing of knowledge, advice, experiences and good times is appreciated. I wish you nothing but the best Bob and know that Signal-0 Productions has had and will continue to have a huge impact on this community. I can't wait for the AR class.

Well said. Bob you are "one of a kind". Not many instructors will put the student first, at any cost like you do. My hat's off to you. The part I like the most is that we went for training and we get a lot more than that, we created friendships, that's priceless. Thank you once again.