PDA

View Full Version : IMR-4064 Out of Stock

Floridawally
December 2nd, 2020, 06:45 PM
Welp, guess I'll need to find another powder for 308. About 2 weeks ago, almost everyone had IMR-4064 in stock so I only bought 2 lbs from Bass Pro online. Today, I looked and "out of stock" Midsouth, Natchez, Brownells, Powder Valley, Midway USA - not one lb. First primers now powder. I guess I'd better stock up on SMK's. This shortage stuff is getting old! :mad:

FLT
December 2nd, 2020, 06:59 PM
It’s only going to get worse as time goes by.

BWest
December 2nd, 2020, 07:01 PM
I couldn't find more 4895 or 4064 so I bought some Shooter's World Match Rifle, supposed to similar to 4064 I think. I'm going to try it in the Garand.

FLT
December 2nd, 2020, 07:03 PM
What’s powder going for per pound , these days?

BWest
December 2nd, 2020, 07:05 PM
In general, it doesn't seem like powder has gone up all that much. I made a couple orders from powder valley in the last couple months. It's just out of stock most of the time. (though not as bad as primers)

Floridawally
December 2nd, 2020, 07:23 PM
I couldn't find more 4895 or 4064 so I bought some Shooter's World Match Rifle, supposed to similar to 4064 I think. I'm going to try it in the Garand.

Let me know How it works out when you try it. I found some VV550. I’m going to work up some loads with it. Sucks though since I just worked up a good load with 4064.

BWest
December 2nd, 2020, 07:24 PM
I hear good things about all the Vitavouri powders, they are just too expensive for my blood.

Floridawally
December 2nd, 2020, 07:55 PM
What’s powder going for per pound , these days?

$30-$35 per lb, when in stock.

Floridawally
December 2nd, 2020, 07:59 PM
I hear good things about all the Vitavouri powders, they are just too expensive for my blood.

I hear you. VV I bought was $44 per lb, but I was glad to get something to replace 4064.

WinterSoldier
December 2nd, 2020, 08:10 PM
My prediction is that by 20 Jan 2021 (inauguration day) all shelves of all things gun related in stores anywhere in the U.S. whether brick and mortar or online, will be approximately down to whatever their supply chain brings in daily, which is to say next to nothing compared with the continued demand at that point. Depending on !1) who wins in the Georgia senate races, and (2) what their ownership or lease situation is with their physical facilities, that might be a good moment for the owners of those businesses to close their doors and start some other type of business... retire... whatever.

Floridawally
December 2nd, 2020, 08:17 PM
^^^ True

FLT
December 2nd, 2020, 09:27 PM
I paid $32 a pound for AA1680 back when Obama was in office, and was glad to get it . I guess it hasn’t gone up much since then. But if I found what I was looking for I’d buy several years worth if I were you.

BWest
December 2nd, 2020, 09:30 PM
I went ahead and got a big 4 pound jug of 2400 last month, that powder probably has the most uses for me. .357 magnum, .30 carbine, and cast bullets in the milsurp cartridges.

mapper
December 2nd, 2020, 09:47 PM
I have a friend looking for a Lee classic cast turret, well everywhere I looked, they are out of stock..

Grafs, midsouth, midway, Brownell, bass pro, cabelas, Lee, fs reloading, powder valley, optics planet,natchess, Amazon, Titan, all out of stock.

FLT
December 2nd, 2020, 10:00 PM
I have a friend that owns a large gun shop in south Florida, and he lets me have the access codes for his distributors. It’s depressing to see how little the major distributors actually have in stock.

mapper
December 2nd, 2020, 10:03 PM
I'm also seeing some pistol mags getting harder to find..
I was looking at gunmagwharehouse, CDNN, and gregcote

polebarn
December 2nd, 2020, 10:22 PM
Which mags?

mapper
December 2nd, 2020, 10:53 PM
You know, real common ones, cz.. Para, etc..

BWest
December 7th, 2020, 11:36 AM
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/imr-4064-smokeless-reloading-powder

looks like there is some here, no idea how long it will last, or if you are able to ship to the store to avoid hazmat like you can with Bass pro online primer sales.

polebarn
December 7th, 2020, 12:45 PM
Interesting footnote;you can't ship synthetic powder to Jacksonville Florida.

BWest
December 7th, 2020, 12:46 PM
Interesting footnote;you can't ship synthetic powder to Jacksonville Florida.

why? some dumbass city thing?

and is that just shipping to a home, or to a store as well?

12bhunting
December 7th, 2020, 12:47 PM
Appreciate the heads up. You can ship to store free shipping. Picked up a couple.

BWest
December 7th, 2020, 12:47 PM
smokeless powder is probably less dangerous to store than gasoline....though I guess you can't order gasoline online :rolleyes:

polebarn
December 7th, 2020, 12:48 PM
why? some dumbass city thing?

and is that just shipping to a home, or to a store as well?

Have no idea but it's in the ad:

"The sale of primers, powders, and Pyrodex is prohibited to the states of Delaware, Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island, New York City, & Jacksonville, FL."

BWest
December 7th, 2020, 12:49 PM
Appreciate the heads up. You can ship to store free shipping. Picked up a couple.

good deal. Make sure the person at the pickup knows how to read, when I picked up primers the other day they thought someone had picked up my order already, it was a whole thing and 30 minutes wasted.

12bhunting
December 7th, 2020, 01:05 PM
They screw up my order everytime. I just wait 2 weeks and pick it up. Ordered a lot of powder from them. Free shipping and they bring the shit out to the truck...

BWest
December 7th, 2020, 01:09 PM
Bass pro employees are almost as useless as walmart ones.

At least walmart people don't harass you about their shitty credit card when you are trying to find the bathroom