PDA

View Full Version : Planned system outage for host migration

jonastio
September 18th, 2020, 10:58 AM
Forum will be down at the following time:

Date: Saturday, 19 September 2020
Maintenance Window: Midnight - 8:00AM (GMT)

The hosting provider is doing some upgrades.

polebarn
September 18th, 2020, 11:30 AM
So 8pm-4am local?

Tack Driver
September 18th, 2020, 11:31 AM
If you're installing the bullshit filters, with these yahoos, you might as well just shut it down permanently.

dave
September 18th, 2020, 01:42 PM
Forum will be down at the following time:

Date: Saturday, 19 September 2020
Maintenance Window: Midnight - 8:00AM (GMT)

The hosting provider is doing some upgrades.

We don't agree, a lot, but I appreciate what you do for us. Thank you!

jonastio
September 18th, 2020, 02:01 PM
If you're installing the bullshit filters, with these yahoos, you might as well just shut it down permanently.

I'll consider it.

polebarn
September 18th, 2020, 02:14 PM
WWRD?

Bodo
September 18th, 2020, 03:23 PM
I dunno if I would have told people in advance. Let them all think you shut it down. Maybe a few forced hours away would reset some folks estrogen levels...

0utlaw
September 18th, 2020, 05:06 PM
Sure man, you can say that because you have an actual life....this is all I got man, don't fuck with it!

Johnny
September 18th, 2020, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up jonas,we appericate what you do.

jonastio
September 19th, 2020, 05:59 PM
Database took a shit. I'm assuming the hosting provider didn't shut down all the systems cleanly. My last backup was from end of July, but I was able to recover the system without much hassle without having to restore from backups. If y'all run into any issues, then y'all run into issues. Good luck.

0utlaw
September 19th, 2020, 06:07 PM
Thanks Jonas!

0utlaw
September 19th, 2020, 06:09 PM
And the "like" button is broke :escape:

jonastio
September 19th, 2020, 06:12 PM
*sigh* I'm going to go spend time with the kids. I'll look at it later.

0utlaw
September 19th, 2020, 06:16 PM
We'll survive, take care of the important stuff, you don't get a second chance....trust me on that one.

mattb
September 19th, 2020, 07:04 PM

Hang with your family man. This thing will be fine until you get around to it.

Johnny
September 19th, 2020, 07:59 PM
Yes take care of those children you do not realize how important that is until you have to bury them.One son,1 daughter.I worked to much.

Dale Gribble
September 19th, 2020, 08:11 PM

Please do, as the like buttons are seriously not a big deal.

WinterSoldier
September 19th, 2020, 10:03 PM
Well, it's not like I couldn't tell it was dead, but I've been dealing with a disaster of major proportions for a number of days, got even less than my next to no sleep for days, and missed the five minute warning that my normal night-shift schedule was obliterated... BUT, it's like this... in an operation like this ya gotta take what ya gets er ya gets nuthin'... so I'm not complaining at all. I'm grateful for what can be done.

notcreative
September 19th, 2020, 10:36 PM
I really appreciate all you do for the rest of us/

jonastio
September 19th, 2020, 11:08 PM
Okay, none of the real data is corrupt. The only thing that got corrupted were a couple of tables that were almost caches of the primary "thanks" database table. I'm working on a rebuild of the two "cache" tables now. Should be a couple of hours.

0utlaw
September 19th, 2020, 11:43 PM
Careful, you'll ruin your bad reputation :cooler:

jonastio
September 20th, 2020, 02:03 AM
Holy crap, that took forever and was way more of a pain in the ass. I ended up having to force the database online, do a complete backup of everything, delete EVERYTHING and then do a restore from the dump. I tried a lot of different crap to avoid it (I hate deleting shit because something might get missed) and I'm no database admin, but it ended up getting to the point that I had to nuke it from orbit because things got fucked all because the hosting service couldn't be assed to shut the server down before they did the migration.

Guess I finally need to update my backup script.

There's your like button.

jonastio
September 20th, 2020, 02:06 AM
Also, the button click cache is being rebuilt since it was in read-only mode when some folks clicked it. All posts pull from the "cache" table, so since it was read only and nothing was able to update it (which was why you were seeing the error when clicking the like button) none of the posts will show that a like button was clicked until the rebuild is done. Maybe about 30 minutes.

jonastio
September 20th, 2020, 02:09 AM
Oh, and some of y'all saying thanks can go suck wax fruit as you're talking out of both sides of your mouth anyways. Your appreciation is worth about as much as what I flushed down the crapper a bit ago.

jonastio
September 20th, 2020, 02:22 AM
Oh how I wish I could "like" that you disliked that post, WS.

WinterSoldier
September 20th, 2020, 02:28 AM
Good thing the dislike button works now too. :cooler:

I did a zillion hours of unpaid, voluntary, work in my past life, and never once did anyone as much as say "thank you" though one guy handed out some crazy plaques to some of us, and I got a generic scoutmaster plaque from the guys I had previously made special ones for. There were reasons for that, though, and such things are not a competition, anyway. You need to at least consider and not entirely reject out of hand the idea that SOMEBODY might be sincere when they express appreciation. Is that appreciation "worth" something? I aver that it is and suggest that if you don't think so perhaps you should reevaluate your definition of "worth". And if expressions of appreciation embarrass you... tough titty!

jonastio
September 20th, 2020, 02:36 AM
Well I tell you what. If you wanna be a dickhead to someone and then tell that someone thanks for the ride, then it's just a "thanks" from a dickhead. It has the equivalent value of a backhanded compliment. I'm sure you can find my address and then send me any fucks of mine you find lying about, but until then I just don't have enough fucks to give a fuck about your opinion, flying or otherwise.

0utlaw
September 20th, 2020, 09:10 AM
Oh how I wish I could "like" that you disliked that post, WS.

Let me help you out, as a token of my appreciation.

Bodo
September 20th, 2020, 09:49 AM
This thread needs more fucks. Come to think of it, I need more fucks. Be back later...

0utlaw
September 20th, 2020, 10:07 AM
Poor goats :headslap:

Bodo
September 20th, 2020, 02:29 PM
It's not rape if they don't say no...

Cattle/Horses
September 20th, 2020, 02:40 PM
It's not rape if they don't say no...

Even if they said no, who'd believe a goat?

jeephipwr
September 20th, 2020, 07:24 PM
They can't tell you "it was good" but they can say "baaaaad"

Cattle/Horses
September 20th, 2020, 07:52 PM
Bodo had one that would say Taaaaaaack.

0utlaw
September 20th, 2020, 07:57 PM
First goat in history to get stump broke

Bodo
September 20th, 2020, 09:00 PM
Bodo had one that would say Taaaaaaack.

How did you find out? Outlaw keeps telling me they don't tell secrets.

Bodo
September 20th, 2020, 09:01 PM
They can't tell you "it was good" but they can say "baaaaad"

Sounds like sheep.

0utlaw
September 20th, 2020, 09:30 PM