PDA

View Full Version : Burgers and beers?

Rail Driver
August 16th, 2013, 01:13 PM
I know I mentioned having a cookout for my birthday - Then more or less let it drop due to the surgery I was supposed to have ...

Well, I didn't have the surgery, but I know it's also late notice -

I'm picking up some ground beef Sunday morning, and I'm going to grill burgers and have a few cold beers and relax out here - Anyone is welcome, but I ask that you let me know before 10pm Saturday night. I'm going to fire up the grill around 3pm Sunday afternoon.

I know I need to make a few burgers for Jmoore and Surfer5 - how many more do I need?

This isn't really gonna be a shooting event - just burgers and beers pretty much (might have some light .22LR shooting if we get around to it, but no big stuff unless you're running an efficient suppressor - as always, beers and bullets don't mix)

Jennisfan
August 16th, 2013, 01:24 PM
No pissing the neighbors off this time?

Rail Driver
August 16th, 2013, 01:28 PM
No pissing the neighbors off this time?

Neighbors aren't really the issue... they can piss off. I am more concerned about the landlord. Can't afford a court case.

Jennisfan
August 16th, 2013, 01:57 PM
As long as it isn't Magpul you will be okay.

Rail Driver
August 16th, 2013, 02:39 PM
As long as it isn't Magpul you will be okay.

Funny. No, not gonna put my family through eviction and court over me wanting to shoot even though I am within my rights.

surfer5
August 16th, 2013, 05:44 PM
for the record, i reconfirmed my permission slip. i'll be there (you already knew that but just making it official).

Jmoorewar
August 16th, 2013, 07:45 PM
As long as my tommrow work goes as planned ill be there,if not ill be working Sunday.ill know a def tommrow.even if I work Sunday I can still come out just don know when

Rail Driver
August 17th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Just making sure this is still here - good.

Rail Driver
August 17th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Final count looks like RR53, Jmoore and Surfer5 - Anyone else wanna get in on a grilled burger and some cold suds?

Jennisfan
August 17th, 2013, 10:07 PM
I was going to come but Jlfar was my ride.

BR549
August 17th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Is there an apostrophe wproblem?

' I'm wondering.

Rail Driver
August 18th, 2013, 01:27 AM
I was going to come but Jlfar was my ride.I bought a pound of ground sirloin and a couple good size steaks. Ya'll are both welcome, but if you make it try and bring some hotdogs and buns or something if you would. I might be a dick sometimes but it passes quickly

Rail Driver
August 18th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Rain delay. Rescheduling for next week.

rr53
August 18th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Rain delay. Rescheduling for next week.

OK. Just have to polish this off myself. Shot the GSG 22/45 and sighted in the AR 10 .308 between rain. Maybe next week.

Rail Driver
August 19th, 2013, 07:24 PM
OK. Just have to polish this off myself. Shot the GSG 22/45 and sighted in the AR 10 .308 between rain. Maybe next week.

Aww shucks- Well, to be fair, I'm more of a "cheap beer" fan - I dig budweiser/bud light, Killians, natty ice, etc. If I go expensive, it's usually corona and a bag of lemons (not limes).

Discussed the shooting with the landlord and he is fine with it as long as it's not like it was at the bbq (WWIII in my back yard) - ie, limiting it to a couple shooters at a time, for shorter periods (an hour or two tops probably) and nothing ridiculously loud like a Mosin/Nagant lol

in other words - .22's on the weekends, pistols and rifles during the week when people are at work.

Rail Driver
August 19th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Oh, and so far I'm still shooting for Sunday to cook out - probably gonna go with the cheddar/bacon stuffed burgers still though - that shit is GOOD.

Rail Driver
August 21st, 2013, 11:53 AM
ugh. Gotta love the curveballs life throws at you. Gonna have to cancel this again for the time being. I'll update when I can.