PDA

View Full Version : Plate Carrier + Plates

Bodo
June 8th, 2020, 01:38 PM
Howdy gang

Need some recommendations for 2 plate carriers.

The first one is for the my wife. Something not too bulky and somewhat lighter weight. She's a little lady.
The other for me. Room for a handful of AR mags. Not too bulky.
Both need to allow mount and dismounting of the Jeep

Not intending to go full pipe-hitting, door-kicker but need something just in case...

Saw that prices seem to have come down a bit since the last time I looked on the AR500 website.

Greg Kulbick
June 8th, 2020, 04:14 PM
AR500 does sales pretty often. I picked up one of their carriers with plates a while back because it was too good a deal.

Dirty Sanchez
June 8th, 2020, 07:12 PM
This is the best shit out there. Cutting edge alien technology.
https://safelifedefense.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=brand&gclid=Cj0KCQjww_f2BRC-ARIsAP3zarH5CYqbQHzzBa6ucWyR-iAsmT-2v9wN72t5m_jnnt7K7Uxcbsq6TLUaArxLEALw_wcB

Dirty Sanchez
June 8th, 2020, 07:13 PM
If you don't buy one, you don't care about your family

mattb
June 8th, 2020, 07:15 PM
I was gonna say an interceptor vest. Now I gotta tell the fam I don’t care about them ... dammit; they won’t take this well. Seriously though, that looks like good shit

Dirty Sanchez
June 8th, 2020, 09:02 PM
I have the front door of an old wood stove and some hemp rope, if anyone interested.

PS ..to not appear redundant, as I have already done an Eastwood post this week...this one is a bck to the future 3 reference, with Marty mcfly. Thankyou

0utlaw
June 8th, 2020, 09:35 PM

Evil_McNasty
June 9th, 2020, 10:35 AM
I use a 5.11 carrier. Had to wear it over the weekend actually. Super comfortable.

Tango147
June 23rd, 2020, 09:51 AM
Safe Life Defense......big fat hairy no. This is the cut directly from their website:
"Safe Life Defense assumes no liability and bears no liability for any use, misuse or failure to perform. All products are sold "as is" and "with all faults." No warranties of fitness, or use are provided. The entire risk of use, quality and performance of all products remains solely with the consumer."

They are advertising heavily in my circles but are not NIJ spec, there is no secondary testing to confirm continuity of manufacturing, they will not conduct live fire testing for agencies who purchase, they will not provide samples for testing in advance of purchase, and they will not specify an actual lab where their testing was conducted.

What we suspect is they are using other makers gear in their carriers and sending them out to YouTube testers to show efficacy. One of their tests appears to be an old Stealth Armor Systems HEXXAR sample which was the rebirth of "DragonSkin."

They are retail point of sale housed in a strip mall in Las Vegas and do not have manufacturing capability. Assume offshore (Alibaba Market).

If you are considering upgrading your Jennings to a top tier maker like Hi-Point, this is the companion kit.

Dirty Sanchez
June 23rd, 2020, 07:43 PM
Ya well that's like your opinion, man. If all of the other cCGF members are into facts, details, and actual experience....good luck being an influencer.

I stick with the two and a half YouTube videos that I watched.

Drops mic...walks away

Tango147
June 24th, 2020, 12:01 AM
Here at "Somebody hold my beer laboratories," a subsidiary of "Watch this shit" Industries, we strive to achieve between "looks okay" and "plenty good" quality standards in all our products. We work tirelessly to keep changing our LLC name before anybody actually figures out if our stuff actually works and keep our markups just high enough that most of our clients won't test it regardless. Thank you for shopping with us.

BlueBronco
December 29th, 2020, 02:16 AM
Here at "Somebody hold my beer laboratories," a subsidiary of "Watch this shit" Industries, we strive to achieve between "looks okay" and "plenty good" quality standards in all our products. We work tirelessly to keep changing our LLC name before anybody actually figures out if our stuff actually works and keep our markups just high enough that most of our clients won't test it regardless. Thank you for shopping with us.

Armorgeddon review?

Tango147
January 2nd, 2021, 11:34 AM
Credit where credit is due: https://www.youtube.com/embed/E7x_LlzwoJo