PDA

View Full Version : Mavis Tire...used to be Sun Tire

Dirty Sanchez
May 26th, 2020, 11:34 AM
Sun Tire was awesome.
Mavis Tire....is a crooked scam shop.

They will not itemize or let you pay until you are done. The load you with alignments that you did not ask for or need and then tack on warrantees that you did not ask for or want. Then the little punk bitch cock suck rolls his eyes and sighs upon questioning. I was able to recoup the warranty money but the 40$ alignment cost me.

Avoid this tire shop. What a shame. Sun Tire was a class act.

Case and point. Two cheap Goodyear Wranrlers, on the rear, $507. I did get 50 back, but come on. I would hate to see what the little bitch would do to a woman.

BWest
May 26th, 2020, 11:37 AM
Discount tire has always been pretty decent in my experience

Dirty Sanchez
May 26th, 2020, 11:45 AM
While I'm at it. The Dominoes pizza on north Monroe is militantly staffed by a North Korean national who makes Kim jung une look like a telitubby. He is a dickhead.

SATAN
May 26th, 2020, 12:21 PM
If you don't sign for the charge don't pay for it.

Dirty Sanchez
May 26th, 2020, 12:44 PM
If you don't sign for the charge don't pay for it.

Honey badger said I should have come to see you.

SATAN
May 26th, 2020, 01:01 PM
Honey badger said I should have come to see you.

She was right, you would have at least gotten a handy while you were getting fucked!

polebarn
May 26th, 2020, 01:32 PM
Mavis Tire is a NJ/NY company;need I say more? The founder of Sun Tire was a helicopter pilot for the Marines in Vietnam.

0utlaw
May 26th, 2020, 01:38 PM
Damn right, a real friend will always give you a reach around while he's giving you a first class fucking.
https://youtu.be/P2vkiLHiTcY

12bhunting
May 26th, 2020, 02:32 PM
Went there one time, they torqued my lugs so tight, to do a brake job it took a 6' cheater bar. Ridiculous.....

SATAN
May 26th, 2020, 03:01 PM
I seriously tell all my friends that need tires to go to discount tire or Costco.

12bhunting
May 26th, 2020, 03:18 PM
I use a tire guy now that comes to me. Had him over yesterday putting tires on the Jeep. He has his enclosed trailer set up with a mount and balance machine. I don't do shit but make a cocktail, he Jack's it up and does everything. He is awesome.....

Arcwelder
May 26th, 2020, 06:25 PM
Sun Tire was awesome.
Mavis Tire....is a crooked scam shop.

They will not itemize or let you pay until you are done. The load you with alignments that you did not ask for or need and then tack on warrantees that you did not ask for or want. Then the little punk bitch cock suck rolls his eyes and sighs upon questioning. I was able to recoup the warranty money but the 40$ alignment cost me.

Avoid this tire shop. What a shame. Sun Tire was a class act.

Case and point. Two cheap Goodyear Wranrlers, on the rear, $507. I did get 50 back, but come on. I would hate to see what the little bitch would do to a woman.

Go back and complain that the alignment they did was faulty. go in another vehicle and ask them for their insurance provider contact. When they ask why, say my lawyer said I do not have to answer that, then smile and chat with someone about the new dually truck you will be able to afford in a few months.

Bodo
May 26th, 2020, 07:53 PM
Go back and complain that the alignment they did was faulty. go in another vehicle and ask them for their insurance provider contact. When they ask why, say my lawyer said I do not have to answer that, then smile and chat with someone about the new dually truck you will be able to afford in a few months.

Speaking from personal experience? I detect a story...

Dirty Sanchez
May 26th, 2020, 08:19 PM
Hehe. Not so frowny face any more. I just got my "Trump change" checks. It's shrimps and white wine tonight. Woooooooo.

Dirty Sanchez
May 26th, 2020, 09:43 PM
My wife wants me to use some "Trump change" to buy paint and paint the inside walls this weekend. I said no way. Everytime you paint you reduce your interior square footage.

polebarn
May 26th, 2020, 09:47 PM
What is it with wives and painting?

12bhunting
May 26th, 2020, 10:06 PM
So your painting this weekend I see......

Cattle/Horses
May 26th, 2020, 10:11 PM
So your painting this weekend I see......

If he doesn't, It may reduce a HELLUVA lot of his square footage.

SATAN
May 27th, 2020, 06:20 AM
What is it with wives and painting?

They think that just because we're drunks we like to paint.

Dirty Sanchez
May 27th, 2020, 03:32 PM
I just got a quote for 450$ to soft washy metal roof. This seams very high. I can buy the equipment at that price..no? How do you guys do it. What are my options.
Single story ranch, low pitch. 2400 sqft.

Arcwelder
May 27th, 2020, 03:39 PM
I just got a quote for 450$ to soft washy metal roof. This seams very high. I can buy the equipment at that price..no? How do you guys do it. What are my options.
$450 sounds like a lot until you add up the $250 copay for emergency room, then the days or weeks off recuperating from falling off the roof. Then the Fixing the roof because you stepped in the wrong place and bent something.
I would pay the $450 and make sure the company is bonded

Dirty Sanchez
May 27th, 2020, 03:45 PM
Touche Sir.
My wife is laughing her ass off. We are however maxed on deductible for the year, so I would still like other opinions.

12bhunting
May 27th, 2020, 04:40 PM
Ginger, don't get on the roof. God damn don't get on the roof with soapy water . It's almost hunting season and I'm not gonna wheel yo ass around..... Well I will, but I'm not gonna fucking like it ....

Dale Gribble
May 27th, 2020, 04:49 PM

Setup a few stationary cameras and wear a go pro. I am sure you can turn a few grand profit on youtube once you are done stapling your sack to the roof, or whatever it is you end up doing. :)

Dirty Sanchez
May 27th, 2020, 05:43 PM
I thought soft washing was done from the ground with a long wand and chemicals

Hank
May 27th, 2020, 06:11 PM
I'd disagree with your analysis of sun tire, not that it matters much now. They screwed me 2 different times with about 6 years in between.

My first experience with Mavis, was a phone call asking if they would honor sun tire warranty, this was about 20 days after the sign changed they said yes.
I show up, they do the work, charge me and would not back off of the charge denying the phone call altogether.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dirty Sanchez
May 27th, 2020, 06:30 PM
I've been drinking..... I admit....but I don't understand.

So sun tire screwed you.
Did Mavis screw you too.

jonastio
May 28th, 2020, 03:03 AM
Mavis honored the lifetime alignment I purchased with Sun Tire only once. Went there to replace a tire and get it aligned. Said they weren't honoring the alignment anymore. They also said that it was going to cost me full price to replace the tire due to a sidewall puncture, when they neglected to tell me that the set of tires I bought from them had no road hazard warranty to purchase with them when I first bought them. Turned and walked out.

Went to a little locally owned shop on Thomasville Rd near the 4Rivers place. They were able to source my tire same-day (about 5 other shops I tried couldn't get them for a couple days and the wife had to take the car out of town the next morning) and were super friendly.

Mavis can go suck wax fruit.

Cattle/Horses
May 28th, 2020, 05:49 PM
Somewhat related. Want to know if any of you can substantiate this.

Heard in a conversation that the company who bought out Super Lube ONLY changes oil and filter. No greasing zerts, no transmission check, no differential check, etc.

That doesn't sound good but I guess to folks not knowing any better it doesn't make any difference.

12bhunting
May 28th, 2020, 06:05 PM
Folks who use places like that don't give a shit.

Cattle/Horses
May 28th, 2020, 06:08 PM
I know. Apparently somebody's college age daughter had been going there and had car problems that should have been caught.

crackerjack
June 1st, 2020, 03:32 PM
Touche Sir.
My wife is laughing her ass off. We are however maxed on deductible for the year, so I would still like other opinions.

I read this as "We are however maxed out on doucheˇbags for the year"...

Man, what are you guys doing!?