PDA

View Full Version : football

Johnny
December 1st, 2018, 09:22 PM
ROLL DAMN TIDE! beat Georgia again. Sec champs 13-0

Cattle/Horses
December 1st, 2018, 09:26 PM
Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then!

mattb
December 2nd, 2018, 12:58 AM
Roll Tide. Georgia tried, ... and was not successful. I’d have been ok with a loss tonight after watching how hard Georgia played, but I’m happy to say Roll Tide, God bless, thanks for coming.

Cattle/Horses
January 8th, 2019, 07:19 PM
roll OVER tide!

ROFLMAO!

polebarn
January 8th, 2019, 07:37 PM
Wondered if Saban had a vodka and Orange Crush to drown his sorrows?

Dale Gribble
January 8th, 2019, 07:38 PM
Roll Tide. Back into your hole!

Dirty Sanchez
January 8th, 2019, 08:08 PM
Oh ya, how did the Semen-hole national championship ship go? Did their bowl game go good?

0utlaw
January 8th, 2019, 08:11 PM
The Clemson Tide?

Dale Gribble
January 8th, 2019, 08:11 PM
Oh ya, how did the Semen-hole national championship ship go? Did they win their bowl game go good?

Dunno, zero fucks given.

0utlaw
January 8th, 2019, 08:12 PM
Too soon?

Sorry.....

:escape:

e.money83
January 8th, 2019, 08:13 PM
Yep, everyone's favorite teams got shitted. I just wish this towns economy didn't suffer from fsu losing. Every time that team has a few losing seasons this town starts to slump. Win a national and it's all sunshine and spending all over. Can't understand it for the life of me but it's a cycle I've watched my whole dammed life.

e.money83
January 8th, 2019, 08:16 PM
For the record I could give two shits about who wins or loses most every game. I like to watch a good football game but hold very little allegiance to schools I didn't attend or teams I never were a part of.

12bhunting
January 8th, 2019, 08:17 PM
Yep, everyone's favorite teams got shitted. I just wish this towns economy didn't suffer from fsu losing. Every time that team has a few losing seasons this town starts to slump. Win a national and it's all sunshine and spending all over. Can't understand it for the life of me but it's a cycle I've watched my whole dammed life.

What slump do you see?

Dale Gribble
January 8th, 2019, 08:21 PM
What slump do you see?

When the stadium doesn't sell out, the hotels don't get filled, the local food and drink places don't get customers. It hurts the hospitality industry.

e.money83
January 8th, 2019, 08:29 PM
One season doesn't usually do it. It usually takes a couple. With Willie at the wheel you'll get to see soon enough I'm sure

mattb
January 8th, 2019, 10:59 PM
Roll Tide. God bless.

Greg Kulbick
January 9th, 2019, 12:48 AM
When I sold cars, we didn't sell shit the week after a loss.

12bhunting
January 9th, 2019, 07:44 AM
Whether the semen holes win or lose has no affect on anything in my life.

FLT
January 9th, 2019, 08:52 AM
FSU is a lot like FAMU these days. Maybe they could pool their resources and come up with a competitive team.

Cattle/Horses
January 9th, 2019, 09:03 AM
^^^^ Pooling? Haven't they tried that before, like with the Law schools and the Engineering schools?

polebarn
January 9th, 2019, 09:34 AM
FSU and FAMU should play each other once a year.

e.money83
January 9th, 2019, 04:25 PM
Whether the semen holes win or lose has no affect on anything in my life.

Wether you realize it it wasn't too admit it or not it does. You may not attribute the affect to it's cause accurately. Or you may just be in denial. But the local economy is definitely impacted and if you don't think those costs and deficits are passed on to you/the consumers then you're shitting yourself.

Cattle/Horses
January 9th, 2019, 04:27 PM
I still want to walk out of Publix with 10 lbs. of Crab Legs and DARE them to press charges!

e.money83
January 9th, 2019, 04:28 PM
Let me know when you do so I can come watch the show.

12bhunting
January 9th, 2019, 04:44 PM
Wether you realize it it wasn't too admit it or not it does. You may not attribute the affect to it's cause accurately. Or you may just be in denial. But the local economy is definitely impacted and if you don't think those costs and deficits are passed on to you/the consumers then you're shitting yourself.

No I'm not in denial at all. Foosball games do not affect me. I do not stay in local hotels. I do not eat out. My customers pay my invoices. My material cost has nothing to do with foosball. Most of my groceries come from my family. My fuel does not fluctuate due to a foosball game.

So tell me how in the hell does it affect me?

12bhunting
January 9th, 2019, 04:46 PM
When the fate of a criminole affects the cost of unleaded, Marlboro reds or vodka let me know. Until then no fucks to give.

Cattle/Horses
January 9th, 2019, 04:51 PM
E$, I'm with 12B. You know how much $ I made the first 1/2 of this season by taking the other team and giving the FSU fans 7 points?

I was doing good for a loosing season - till they quit wanting to bet!

Dale Gribble
January 9th, 2019, 05:24 PM
Yes, you guys are islands. No matter what happens in the local economy it doesn't impact you.

Cattle/Horses
January 9th, 2019, 05:31 PM
Yes, you guys are islands. No matter what happens in the local economy it doesn't impact you.

Reclusive hermits, not islands.

12bhunting
January 9th, 2019, 05:36 PM

Dale plenty of cities do not have university football teams, how in the fuck do they survive? Or are they just always in a slump?

Dale Gribble
January 9th, 2019, 05:40 PM
Dale plenty of cities do not have university football teams, how in the fuck do they survive? Or are they just always in a slump?

Every city has economic engines that bring money into them. They don't have to be football teams, or anything in general.

When ony of the cities economic engines slows down, it generally impacts the others as well, and it impacts the whole. Think of a town with a big military base, the down size the base, it impacts the town. It has zero do to with football specifically.

mattb
January 9th, 2019, 09:05 PM
Roll tide. God bless.

Cattle/Horses
January 9th, 2019, 09:27 PM

12bhunting
January 9th, 2019, 09:33 PM
Every city has economic engines that bring money into them. They don't have to be football teams, or anything in general.

When ony of the cities economic engines slows down, it generally impacts the others as well, and it impacts the whole. Think of a town with a big military base, the down size the base, it impacts the town. It has zero do to with football specifically.

yeah Dale I understand how shit works lol. If you would read my original post, it says winning or losing a football game does not affect ME personally. it has no effect on my life whatsoever. I've never had a customer call and say hey, the team lost, so I'm gonna cancel the new book cases..... I don't work on the Southside, I very rarely work on the Westside. I do not do any business currently with any merchants located around the campus. If my business and personal lifestyle was actually affected by a football game, I'd pour another drink and ponder where it was in life that I fucked myself by making bad decisions.....

BlueBronco
January 22nd, 2019, 09:24 AM
When the stadium doesn't sell out, the hotels don't get filled, the local food and drink places don't get customers. It hurts the hospitality industry.

They have been building motels on Appy like hillbillies plant corn the past year or so.

Dale Gribble
January 22nd, 2019, 09:57 AM
They have been building motels on Appy like hillbillies plant corn the past year or so.

This town had too few, now likely has too many.

Cattle/Horses
January 22nd, 2019, 10:05 AM

+10 for your family reference!