PDA

View Full Version : Getting the Most Out Of Hot Weather Training

AB
July 11th, 2018, 06:00 PM
I pre load my magazines at the house so I don’t have to stand out in the heat doing it. Cuts down on the exposure time. Highly recommended.

0utlaw
July 11th, 2018, 06:19 PM
Is that all you take :dunno:

JMW4570
July 11th, 2018, 06:20 PM
What kind of mag extensions are you using?

AB
July 12th, 2018, 09:06 AM
https://www.arredondoaccessories.com/product/glock-base-pad-type-17/

The only hitch is you HAVE to buy the +10% spring from Arredondo. They have them wound with a custom spec from Wolff to collapse correctly into the basepad. The regular +10% Glock springs will bind.

In the Spring, Winter, and Fall, I can stay outside and have a productive 500+ round practice session. In the high Summer I just can't stay as focused as I need to for that long. I shoot through those mags and then reload five of the 19 rounders for a usual total of about 350-375 rounds per session, which is currently twice a week.

Edit: The two basepads that are shorter than the Arredondo's but clearly not stock are by Lightning Strike. They don't add any rounds, they just give the basepad a bit more surface area to grab.

e.money83
July 12th, 2018, 07:51 PM
I reckon after working in it all day, packing mags in it just doesn't seem to be a problem to me. Don't get me wrong, sweat in the eye is sweat in the eye. I guess I just have acclimated to it to a different degree. Stuffing mags on the ground doesn't quite suck as much as swinging a hammer 30 feet in the air with a ton of tools and fasteners and belt hanging off your ass, not by a long long way...

12bhunting
July 12th, 2018, 08:35 PM
I reckon after working in it all day, packing mags in it just doesn't seem to be a problem to me. Don't get me wrong, sweat in the eye is sweat in the eye. I guess I just have acclimated to it to a different degree. Stuffing mags on the ground doesn't quite suck as much as swinging a hammer 30 feet in the air with a ton of tools and fasteners and belt hanging off your ass, not by a long long way...

Y'all don't have a roofing nailer?

Dirty Sanchez
July 12th, 2018, 10:05 PM
F a hammer in the A.

e.money83
July 12th, 2018, 10:16 PM
You can't hang facia with a gun, but I do use one for the soffit. I'm on ladders and scaffolding, not a roof. Fuck that roofing shit.

Dirty Sanchez
July 13th, 2018, 07:23 AM
I don't know which is worse, swinging a hammer or the passive aggressive, jugemental sighs, from 12b, Everytime I bent the nail. Which was 72.3 percent of the time. Hehe.

Greg Kulbick
July 13th, 2018, 07:48 AM
I haven't gotten one, but I can hear it in my head. You know he adds some animation because it's you.

AB
July 13th, 2018, 07:58 PM

I still work outside wearing all the gear you know I wear, so I'm pretty much acclimated as well, but I don't like to give up even 1% of my focus to anything. I also have the added bonus of using the time I spend packing mags at the house by multitasking by either reviewing match video, reading over my drill sheet for the day, or even reading this Forum!

Dirty Sanchez
July 13th, 2018, 08:07 PM
I'll bet that is a hot job.

Cattle/Horses
July 13th, 2018, 08:13 PM
Julio, what is he cooking?

It dang sure ain't southern - but it looks okay.

e.money83
July 13th, 2018, 09:43 PM
I still work outside wearing all the gear you know I wear, so I'm pretty much acclimated as well, but I don't like to give up even 1% of my focus to anything. I also have the added bonus of using the time I spend packing mags at the house by multitasking by either reviewing match video, reading over my drill sheet for the day, or even reading this Forum!

All fair points, I suppose.

Johnny
July 14th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Looks well done mountain oysters.

12bhunting
July 14th, 2018, 03:26 PM
Kinda looks like a bread to me