PDA

View Full Version : Issues with forum registration

jonastio
April 1st, 2018, 04:41 AM
I was informed by Ceddie that there seemed to be an issue with registering accounts on the forum.

This was due to changes implemented by vBulletin in their human verification system. I've now made the necessary changes and we are trying out a new human verification system. Now you just need to check a box instead of assembling a picture. We'll see how effective it is at keeping out the bots.

Thanks for the heads up, Ceddie!

Also wanted to give an apology to those who have tried to register but have been unable. I do hate missing things like that and causing issues.

AB
April 1st, 2018, 07:56 AM
Is anyone else experiencing slow typing? I start into a post and after a short time the text isn't keeping up with the keys (and I'm not a fast typist) and then shortly after that it starts missing keystrokes.

Cattle/Horses
April 1st, 2018, 08:22 AM
Yes AB, and this forum is the only place it happens.

Try posting a pic. Takes 10 minutes to upload.

It all started after the V Bulletin update a month or 2 back.

AB
April 1st, 2018, 08:26 AM
I guess we can all suffer together! I was worried it was my computer somehow!

Cattle/Horses
April 1st, 2018, 08:37 AM
Jonas will get to it when he has timmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme.

12bhunting
April 1st, 2018, 08:50 AM
Airgator was having bad issues as well. I thought my phone was screwed up...

jonastio
April 1st, 2018, 01:16 PM
Well, now that I've actually heard that something was wrong...

What browsers are exhibiting the issue?

12bhunting
April 1st, 2018, 01:33 PM

Cattle/Horses
April 1st, 2018, 03:44 PM
https://forum.capitalcitygunforum.com/threads/16036-Hogs-16-17-amp-18?p=284741&viewfull=1#post284741

Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1

AB
April 1st, 2018, 06:35 PM
MSIE 11.051 on Win 7 Professional.

jonastio
April 1st, 2018, 06:38 PM
Testing with IE 11.

AB
April 1st, 2018, 06:40 PM
The problem doesn't manifest 100% of the time, but it does seem to get worse the longer I type out a single reply. It was so bad this morning I didn't post a few thoughts I had, but it seems to be working fine right now. Don't know what the cause is but it's not reliably repeatable.

jonastio
April 1st, 2018, 06:42 PM
The problem doesn't manifest 100% of the time, but it does seem to get worse the longer I type out a single reply. It was so bad this morning I didn't post a few thoughts I had, but it seems to be working fine right now. Don't know what the cause is but it's not reliably repeatable.

I'm able to get it to repeat. I see the exact symptoms that are happening. Will look into it. It has something to do with the page not fully loading.

jonastio
April 1st, 2018, 07:00 PM
It also looks like the issue is primarily with Internet Explorer when you click the "Reply With Quote" button.

jonastio
April 1st, 2018, 07:07 PM
It also looks like the issue is primarily with Internet Explorer when you click the "Reply With Quote" button.

Looks like the issue is with the "WYSIWYG" editor, so I've disabled that until I'm able to figure out if there's a fix out there for it. You should be able to reply as you have been, it just won't look as pretty in the editing window.

BrutalArms
April 1st, 2018, 07:17 PM
Hello, new to the forum how do I post a new thread so I can introduce myself? Thanks

polebarn
April 1st, 2018, 07:19 PM
https://forum.capitalcitygunforum.com/forums/22-Introductions

Cattle/Horses
April 1st, 2018, 09:06 PM
Looks like the issue is with the "WYSIWYG" editor, so I've disabled that until I'm able to figure out if there's a fix out there for it. You should be able to reply as you have been, it just won't look as pretty in the editing window.

Yeah, that's what I suspect the problem to be too! ;)

#MoreExaggerationForSchmidity

beaglerunner
April 3rd, 2018, 04:38 PM
The only problems I ever have with this site are with the mobile version. What I click vs what the mobile site thinks I clicked are never remotely close.

0utlaw
April 3rd, 2018, 05:14 PM
Is this why I can't ctrl V to paste a picture now?

jonastio
April 3rd, 2018, 06:11 PM
The only problems I ever have with this site are with the mobile version. What I click vs what the mobile site thinks I clicked are never remotely close.The mobile version completely sucks ass in vb4. Try the tapatalk app.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jonastio
April 3rd, 2018, 06:11 PM
Is this why I can't ctrl V to paste a picture now?Yup.

e.money83
April 5th, 2018, 05:55 PM
Can't pm pics that aren't somewhere else on the web? Gotta upload my shit to some 3rd party shit before I can link it here? What kind of shit is this? Won't even let me load pics to a pm from my phone anymore. WTF, my man?

jonastio
April 5th, 2018, 07:56 PM
Can't pm pics that aren't somewhere else on the web? Gotta upload my shit to some 3rd party shit before I can link it here? What kind of shit is this? Won't even let me load pics to a pm from my phone anymore. WTF, my man?It's probably your adblocker.

e.money83
April 5th, 2018, 08:54 PM
Riiiigghhhht... If I give you a ten spot to make up the difference will it help?

jonastio
April 5th, 2018, 09:15 PM
Actually, if you read post #15 on the thread, I say exactly what the issue is. They've had issues with their editor on and off for a good couple of years. They've also refused to update it.

e.money83
April 5th, 2018, 09:17 PM
It's just in pm for me. I can do it in the forum threads, just not in pm. Which I could do last week. That's why it fucker me up.

WinterSoldier
April 12th, 2018, 01:48 PM
I haven't got anything specific to kvetch about today so this is just a generic gripe. Please respond with generic... whatever.

jonastio
April 13th, 2018, 09:09 AM
We generically apologize for the inconvenience.