PDA

View Full Version : Pro-gun rally to be held in Tallahassee

SGB
March 30th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Jon Gutmacher, author of Florida Firearm Law, Use & Ownership, has made mention of an upcoming pro-gun rally to be held in Tallahassee on a not-yet-announced Saturday in September and has asked for volunteers/participants. Information on contacting him is on the link to his blog below (At the bottom of article).

http://orlandocriminallawyer.blogspot.com/2018/03/what-goes-bump-in-night-bump-stocks.html (http://orlandocriminallawyer.blogspot.com/2018/03/what-goes-bump-in-night-bump-stocks.html)

tqctally
March 31st, 2018, 12:00 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180331/1cc4dad24a7e378c62913ce96f741cbe.jpg

Is this a separate rally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SGB
March 31st, 2018, 03:32 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180331/1cc4dad24a7e378c62913ce96f741cbe.jpg

Is this a separate rally?

Would appear so

tqctally
March 31st, 2018, 05:01 PM
Would appear so

That’s good news... I have been bothered by the lack of engagement on our side. Seems like people are starting to mobilize against this bs propaganda.

AB
April 1st, 2018, 08:11 AM
I think most gun owners don't think bans (that they care about) can actually happen, and are satisfied to sit at home and not engage on the political side of things. There are others who don't want to be part of something that overtly declares they are gun owners, which would obviously keep them at home, too.

I do think the tide of public opinion is turning on us, fueled largely by lies and the majority of humans' desire to be told what to think by the news or celebrities. It is inexcusable in this political climate for gun owners not to be members of the NRA. It's like saying "I don't like King George's rules and taxes, but I don't agree 100% with Washington and Jefferson either so I will just sit this out."

Last I read, there were 120 million gun owners in the US. If even half of them were NRA members we would have almost unstoppable political clout. Yet, we struggle along, bouncing between 3-6 million members and hope that politicians remember they tend to get voted out of everywhere except the urban centers when they vote anti gun.

I have more to say on the topic but the typing is slowing down again and between the speed and having to go back and pick up dropped letters it's too frustrating! Anyone else having keyboard trouble on here?

bumblebee
April 4th, 2018, 03:48 PM
April 14 is GSSF Indoor Match at Tally Indoor Range and TRPC shoots Steel Challenge in the AM. Could be done in Time for 2pm rally though

Schmidty
April 5th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Between 1\3 and 1\2 of the American population own firearms...

There's between 300 to 500+ million firearms in our borders....

If every gun owner gave $1 dollar a week for one year we could buy all the political influence that we would need to bring every state into compliance with our wishes.

The problem is that we have turds in this country who only care about themselves and spout out rampant stupid things like "" f" this state or that state when by doing so they are sealing the fate of all gun owners in all 50 states.

jeephipwr
April 6th, 2018, 07:13 AM
Using the left's tactic of shaming really isn't going to help

30plusretlaw
April 6th, 2018, 08:46 AM
I wish I was closer. I would go in a heartbeat. Unfortunately democrats are playing to the hearts of the weak, claiming they want to protect our kids......By leaving them defenseless and people are buying that way of thinking. There is a guy at work that own an AR15 but now claims, he don't care if they get ban, because " is just to save the kids" . Unfortunately.... we can't fix stupid.

0utlaw
April 6th, 2018, 08:55 AM
So his AR is sneaking out at night and killing kids? I don't get peoples thought processes sometimes :chinscratch:

eraursls1984
April 6th, 2018, 10:01 AM
...It is inexcusable in this political climate for gun owners not to be members of the NRA...

Last I read, there were 120 million gun owners in the US. If even half of them were NRA members we would have almost unstoppable political clout. Yet, we struggle along, bouncing between 3-6 million members and hope that politicians remember they tend to get voted out of everywhere except the urban centers when they vote anti gun.
Umm... I have a great excuse why I am not, nor will I ever be a member of the NRA. I don't want to pay them to lobby for gun control, help with gun control legislation, or call for the BATF to implement more anti-gun regulations. Unfortunately, I did donate to them before I realized they are only about the money and not our 2A rights.

I was also under the impression that the NRA fought for gun rights until my father (worked in the Florida legislature) told me about the NRA lobbying for gun control during the Bush administration. Since then I've done my own research and found that they have had a hand in most of the anti-2A legislation in the past 40-50 years.

30plusretlaw
April 6th, 2018, 10:35 AM
So his AR is sneaking out at night and killing kids? I don't get peoples thought processes sometimes :chinscratch:

I guess so. I just told him he REALLY was not a 2nd supporter and he got all offended. :rolleyes:

FLT
April 6th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Umm... I have a great excuse why I am not, nor will I ever be a member of the NRA. I don't want to pay them to lobby for gun control, help with gun control legislation, or call for the BATF to implement more anti-gun regulations. Unfortunately, I did donate to them before I realized they are only about the money and not our 2A rights.

I was also under the impression that the NRA fought for gun rights until my father (worked in the Florida legislature) told me about the NRA lobbying for gun control during the Bush administration. Since then I've done my own research and found that they have had a hand in most of the anti-2A legislation in the past 40-50 years.

Ok, so you have better information than the rest of us. What do you and your father purpose that we do to stop further infringement on our constitutional rights? If you know of a better organization , by all means share it with us. I send the national rifle association a sizable check every year and would like for it to go where it will do the most good.

Dale Gribble
April 6th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Ok, so you have better information than the rest of us. What do you and your father purpose that we do to stop further infringement on our constitutional rights? If you know of a better organization , by all means share it with us. I send the national rifle association a sizable check every year and would like fo it to go where it will do the most good.

GOA is pretty good. I personally support both.

polebarn
April 6th, 2018, 12:52 PM
If the NRA is so anti-2nd how come the grabbers are targeting them so precisely?

FLT
April 6th, 2018, 01:16 PM
Because they are the only ones with enough clout to make any difference. I don't think they are perfect either , but supporting them is better than bitching about it when it is to late to stop the crooks and their co conspiracy minions.

polebarn
April 6th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Because they are the only ones with enough clout to make any difference. I don't think they are perfect either , but supporting them is better than bitching about it when it is to late to stop the crooks and their co conspiracy minions.

I agree and that's why I posted.

eraursls1984
April 6th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Ok, so you have better information than the rest of us. What do you and your father purpose that we do to stop further infringement on our constitutional rights? If you know of a better organization , by all means share it with us. I send the national rifle association a sizable check every year and would like for it to go where it will do the most good.
Well, most of the info is out there for anyone to research. The NRA has been behind more anti 2A legislation (that passed) than George Soros.

I wasn't quite the "gun guy" I am now when my father told me that, so I didn't care to ask anymore about it. My father just hated lobbyist because it was all about money. I'm not against lobbyist, but against the power that politicians have to grant favors because of lobbyist. We were just debating that point, and he was pointing out that the NRA was lobbying for gun control to scare the people into giving more money during a time when we were complacent (G. W. administration). This is what caused me to look into them once I became so involved in guns years later.

GOA is a good national one, probably the best one to replace the NRA.

polebarn
April 6th, 2018, 03:12 PM
Bush Sr. and Reagan fucked us over as well.I'm still a Republican because the opposite is untenable and not an option.

12bhunting
April 6th, 2018, 03:25 PM
I still send them hard earned money, in the hopes they can do something. But wayne LaPierre can go suck a cock.

polebarn
April 6th, 2018, 03:28 PM
^^^^^

Cattle/Horses
April 6th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Several years ago I pulled up and looked at both the Gun Owners of America's and The National Rifle Association's 990 Tax Returns. Being they are Non Profits, their returns are publicly available. At the time it appeared the GREAT majority of contributions to GOA were used administratively (Salaries, benefits, 401Ks, travel, conferences, etc) and a small percentage to lobbying type expenses. NRA had about a 20/80 breakout of Admin/Stated Function expenses.

Also, Tim Macy that started the GOA, still maintains the control and is the CEO/Sec./Tre. and always will - per the bylaws. A pretty slick setup. I'm jealous.

Go pull the current 990s and see if anything has changed.

freakfly23
April 11th, 2018, 11:19 PM
So, who's going to the rally on Saturday?

SGB
April 12th, 2018, 12:39 AM
I am

WinterSoldier
April 12th, 2018, 07:37 AM
Several years ago I pulled up and looked at both the Gun Owners of America's and The National Rifle Association's 990 Tax Returns. Being they are Non Profits, their returns are publicly available. At the time it appeared the GREAT majority of contributions to GOA were used administratively (Salaries, benefits, 401Ks, travel, conferences, etc) and a small percentage to lobbying type expenses. NRA had about a 20/80 breakout of Admin/Stated Function expenses.

Also, Tim Macy that started the GOA, still maintains the control and is the CEO/Sec./Tre. and always will - per the bylaws. A pretty slick setup. I'm jealous.

I can't testify to that... nor can I shake the apathy of an individual who thinks all lobbyists are evil so he should sit home on his hands, and who also believes that the NRA is a gun control organization. In fact, someone saying that kind of idiot crap leaves me with having to make a decision as to whether he's ignorant, an idiot, or... an anti-gun sheep troll trying to distract our target recognition and acquisition. The NRA isn't perfect, but is OUR organization. The NRA lobbies because its members, who vote for its board of directors, want it to, and because that is the ONLY way to get anything done on a consistent basis at a political level. Mental telepathy doesn't work with politicians. You have to call, write, show up at their door, and every single day COMPETE for their limited amount of time and attention. That's why both business corporations and member controlled grass-roots organizations like the NRA hire and pay lobbyists to do that for them, BUT it's only effective if it is accompanied by calls, cards and letters, showing up to vote... and, in case you are just too dense to follow this... at this point we either start showing up in demonstrations like the leftists put on, or they are going to absolutely bury gun rights and take our guns while they are at it. They are finally, after years of failure, "on a roll"... and WE have to STOP THEM!

Other than fundraise and make loud useless noises, I don't know what GOA does. It appears to me to be the Bill Proctor of the 2A crowd (except... perish the thought... EVEN WORSE), and, mostly a way to suck in money from people deceived by their rhetoric. I haven't heard anything from GOA on this in maybe 4 or 5 years now, but from its creation till then, one of its big-mouthed propaganda initiatives was all about the poor veterans getting their gun rights taken away by the VA. The GOA kept at that so long that even Obama couldn't help but notice and found a fairly stupid and legalistic technical way to actually take away the gun rights of a few veterans, most of whom were completely mentally incompetent and had no use for guns anyway. The original "issue" raised and loudly trumpeted by GOA for many years NEVER EXISTED and still doesn't. It was just their way of exploiting those to whom an offer to "help the poor, suffering veterans" made them want to dip into their pocket and give some of what was there to GOA. In other words, IT WAS FRAUD!

WinterSoldier
April 12th, 2018, 07:39 AM
So, who's going to the rally on Saturday?

If I can get my taxes done before then, I will.

If I can't get my taxes done by then I will, anyway, but I won't stay long.

Cattle/Horses
April 12th, 2018, 09:09 AM
If I can get my taxes done before then, I will.

If I can't get my taxes done by then I will, anyway, but I won't stay long.

I thought when you reached 100 years old you didn't have to do a tax return any more? WTH?

AB
April 12th, 2018, 09:36 AM
I'll be out of town, unfortunately. There's a big match this weekend.

Dale Gribble
April 12th, 2018, 09:46 AM
I'll be out of town, unfortunately. There's a big match this weekend.

Kick some ass, Blaster.

WinterSoldier
April 12th, 2018, 10:31 AM
Does anyone offhand know what the "rules" are (or where to find them) for demonstrating at the capitol?

0utlaw
April 12th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Civil disobedience, by definition, has no rules

WinterSoldier
April 12th, 2018, 05:18 PM
Civil disobedience, by definition, has no rules

Yeah. well... thanks for the update from the cheap seats. Not only is that utterly wrong as to what civil disobedience is, I have seen no proposal at all for any civil disobedience. Protests at the capitol are petitions of the people for redress of grievances, and are absolutely WITHIN the law, so long as the applicable laws and rules are followed.

0utlaw
April 12th, 2018, 05:21 PM
Sarcasm is just lost on you crotchety old guys....

SGB
April 12th, 2018, 05:44 PM

:banana:

WinterSoldier
April 12th, 2018, 07:41 PM

There is a major difference between sarcasm and plainly wrong information, not to mention the whole lack of visible or audible hints of nuance in electronic communications.

On this I must adhere to an old maxim of my clan: "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. And, FUCK 'EM if they can't take a joke.

The problem with what you said was that if that's what you meant, it ain't what you said. I can only go by what you said... not by what you meant. Communication takes two or more people. It's not locked inside one skull and it doesn't get from one to two or more if it isn't said in a comprehensible manner in the first place.

Comprendo?

WinterSoldier
April 12th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Somebody has imbedded a virus in Goodmaker's blog.

Cattle/Horses
April 12th, 2018, 07:49 PM
And, FUCK 'EM if they can't take a joke.

Whoa, whoa whoa, back the wagon up. This is starting to make a little sense.

Schmidity can't take a joke - his avatar - and his fascination of and use of "queer".

Schmidty
April 12th, 2018, 07:53 PM
Whoa, whoa whoa, back the wagon up. This is starting to make a little sense.

Schmidity can't take a joke - his avatar - and his fascination of and use of "queer".

Can you explain that statement?

Cattle/Horses
April 12th, 2018, 07:57 PM
Can I, yes.

Will I waste my time doing so for you, no.

0utlaw
April 12th, 2018, 07:57 PM
When does the other Schmitty's shift start? He's a lot more fun.

Schmidty
April 12th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Can I, yes.

Will I waste my time doing so for you, no.

The reason why I ask is because I don't believe that be posted anything n this thread and was wondering why anyone would make comment about me where I made none...

WinterSoldier
April 12th, 2018, 09:21 PM
By the way, not that I'm in any way advocating anything at all about it, but there absolutely is an "official manual" on the subject of "civil disobedience". It has gone under various titles but it is now 169 years in print and is best known under a title not supplied by its author... ta-DAH... (are you sure you are ready...) Civil Disobedience. I'm referring of course to an essay written by Henry David Thoreau and first published in 1849.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, and THERE ARE RULES FOR CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE.

However, I'm only talking about Civil Disobedience at all, to make it absolutely abundantly clear that I DID NOT bring that subject up, nor have I ever advocated civil DISobedience... only civil OBEDIENCE.

AB
April 13th, 2018, 07:20 AM

Without some solid proof, that sounds like some tin-foil hat stuff right there. C/H looks like he did some good research there and that would take the other group right out of the running. Lobbyists are necessary, even if some of them are smarmy at times, and I'm glad we have some really good ones working with the NRA.

Dirty Sanchez
April 13th, 2018, 07:29 AM
Smarmy.

Nice word
I had to Google it.
Thank you.

eraursls1984
April 14th, 2018, 01:05 AM

Well, I'd take the GOA not lobbying over the NRA lobby against the second amendment.

Wayne LaPierre's salary is more than the total revenue of the GOA. The executive expenses of the GOA are $200,000-300,000. Assuming all of that is Tim's salary alone, it's still only about 15-20% of LaPierre's salary. I wouldn't compare an organization with 2-3 million in total revenue to one with 200-350 million based on those expenses alone. I do think the NRA is kind of fighting for us right now (partly because of the backlash), but only because they are raking in the money. As soon as things die down, they will be pushing for gun control so they can ask for money to fight it. It's all about the money to them, not our rights.

eraursls1984
April 14th, 2018, 01:06 AM
Bush Sr. and Reagan fucked us over as well.I'm still a Republican because the opposite is untenable and not an option.

Yes they did. I don't know why so many on the right praise Reagan so much. Sure he was good for the economy (except for expanding the drug war that's cost us billions) but terrible for gun rights.

If only we could get Republicans that didn't vote like Democrats.

0utlaw
April 14th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Reagan also took a military worn down from 10 years of war and then decimated by the Carter administration and rebuilt it in to the most powerful military in the world.
He also ended Carter's policy of bended knee diplomacy

mattb
April 15th, 2018, 07:02 PM
Yes they did. I don't know why so many on the right praise Reagan so much. Sure he was good for the economy (except for expanding the drug war that's cost us billions) but terrible for gun rights.

If only we could get Republicans that didn't vote like Democrats.

The folks on the right who praise Reagan lived through Ford and Carter; that’s why.

Cattle/Horses
April 15th, 2018, 07:24 PM
^^^^ My student loans of that era were 8% interest, about half of conventional loans of the time (16-20%). OR there abouts

0utlaw
April 15th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Sub 15% on a 30 year fixed then was a killer deal back then. My first piece of property was 13.5% with 50% down and a cosigner with stellar credit.

Cattle/Horses
April 15th, 2018, 07:32 PM
Sub 15% on a 30 year fixed then was a killer deal back then. My first piece of property was 13.5% with 50% down and a cosigner with stellar credit.

You get the other door built and hung today?

0utlaw
April 15th, 2018, 07:38 PM
Sunday is a day of rest.........

Cattle/Horses
April 15th, 2018, 07:44 PM
That's not what you posted yesterday.

Got 1 door hung today, I'll re-cut the other pieces tomorrow and frame it up

polebarn
April 15th, 2018, 07:46 PM
CDs were running 17-18% in ‘81 as well.

0utlaw
April 15th, 2018, 07:49 PM
:nono:

Got 1 door hung today, I'll re-cut the other pieces tomorrow and frame it up Monday

FLT
April 15th, 2018, 09:30 PM
I was getting 17 and 3/4 percent on my money when jimmy carter was in office. And for four more years after he was gone.

0utlaw
April 16th, 2018, 07:23 AM
Yeah now that I don't owe anybody I could use some of those rates.