PDA

View Full Version : CCGF Cookout/Swap Meet

Rail Driver
July 11th, 2013, 12:59 PM
I'd like to get a cookout/swap meet type day set up.
Tentatively, July 28th, Sunday looks to be a good day for it if the weather allows.

It'll be held out here at my place in Greensboro (about 35 mins west from the north Monroe/I-10 exit, just past Quincy).

Kid friendly (my kids will be here).

PM if you want to help organize, or can bring things for the day - folding tables/chairs, side dishes (I'll most likely grill hotdogs and hamburgers) or drinks.

I'll update this thread as plans come together.

surfer5
July 11th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Has this been officially sanctioned by crawdaddy? It feels rogue to me.

Tack Driver
July 11th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Has this been officially sanctioned by crawdaddy? It feels rogue to me.

I agree. You can't put CCGF on it like it's official if the Official Event Planner hasn't signed off on it.

Rail Driver
July 11th, 2013, 01:35 PM
He and I discussed it before his cookout on the 4th. He's onboard if his wife lets him come :D

Jennisfan
July 11th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Game on

Tack Driver
July 11th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Game on

With homo shit like you've got going on in your avatar, I'm scared to know what that means.

Jennisfan
July 11th, 2013, 02:02 PM
What

crawdaddy34
July 11th, 2013, 02:12 PM
This is an Official Sanctioned Unofficial CCGF event

Tack Driver
July 11th, 2013, 02:16 PM
This is an Official Sanctioned Unofficial CCGF event

I guess I'm in then.

Rail Driver
July 11th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Sounds good. Now that I've got Tack's stamp of disapproval, we can get on with the planning :D Anyone got a couple folding tables and some chairs they can bring? PM if you can help out. I have some tables and chairs, but extras would help. Chips, sodas, whatever you guys want to bring within legal and reasonable limits. Children are welcome, but please don't bring any pets.

crawdaddy34
July 11th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I have tables, just have to figure out how to get them there....

Rail Driver
July 11th, 2013, 03:56 PM

Anyone here from Wakulla with a truck planning to come?

AB
July 11th, 2013, 06:04 PM
I might make this one.

Tack Driver
July 11th, 2013, 06:46 PM
I might make this one.

I've heard that bullshit before. ::)

YankeeFingergasm
July 11th, 2013, 08:56 PM
I'm in tentatively. Will bring what I can also.

rr53
July 11th, 2013, 09:23 PM
I'll be there barring a hurricane.

bumblebee
July 12th, 2013, 07:57 AM

Are you going to bring the tent that tries to go swimming?

We might be able to make it. I enjoy traveling out into rural Florida to meet up with people I don't know, who are most likely to be armed... ;D

Rail Driver
July 12th, 2013, 11:30 AM
It's nice out here if you can get past the fact that my shooting area has a noticeable down-grade (All your brass, are belong to us - Signed, the woods by the pond),
and the mosquitoes can get thick in the evenings.

Seriously though - I tried a cookout/bbq type event years ago on the other forum, and the only guy that came out got exiled to Alaska after that... all attending my event can do for you is make you more popular here.

Lone: kids are more than welcome - I've got 3 of them (4, 2, and 3 months) that will be here. If my neighbor comes by, he's got a couple kids too.

t1ght_gr0up
July 12th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I might make this one.

lol

Masharubu
July 12th, 2013, 11:04 PM
I have to check with my social/financial/sex/fun coordinator and let you know if I/we can make it. ;D

AB
July 13th, 2013, 05:54 AM
I might make this one.

lol

Yeah, yeah. No arguing that one! But I reeeeaally mean it!

Cybercop106
July 13th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Dang! I'd crash that party, but will be out of the state for a reunion. Wish I was gonna be here, but looks like all ya'll lucked out again......

bumblebee
July 13th, 2013, 04:10 PM
It's nice out here if you can get past the fact that my shooting area has a noticeable down-grade (All your brass, are belong to us - Signed, the woods by the pond),

Seriously though - I tried a cookout/bbq type event years ago on the other forum, and the only guy that came out got exiled to Alaska after that... all attending my event can do for you is make you more popular here.

Lone: kids are more than welcome - I've got 3 of them (4, 2, and 3 months) that will be here. If my neighbor comes by, he's got a couple kids too.

Can we bring a shotgun and shoot some clays?

Jmoorewar
July 14th, 2013, 10:00 PM
If I don't have work ill be there.with or with out wife and kids

Rail Driver
July 14th, 2013, 10:07 PM

Can we bring a shotgun and shoot some clays?

As long as you bring your own clays and ammo. :D

I'll have a computer monitor to execute as well as a half pound of tannerite I'm saving for that day too (if it ends up working out ... Not gonna go out of my way if it's just 1 or 2 people that show)

Tack Driver
July 15th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Crawdaddy's got a Playstation I hear. ;)

crawdaddy34
July 15th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Crawdaddy's got a Playstation I hear. ;)

That tack can hit with a slug gun, at 1/4 mile, blindflolded, standing on a soccer ball, backwards....

or some such nonsense as I recall...

;D

Rail Driver
July 15th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Bring that playstation and we'll give it a proper burial;

crawdaddy34
July 15th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Bring that playstation and we'll give it a proper burial;

I am tentativly planning on attending....

Rumbler
July 15th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Damn. My 13 hour work day.

. . . oh, no, wait . . . all my work days are 13 + hours, all 7 of them.

Not complaining. Obviously I love what I do. This place is going to be so awesome it is already awesome and its just getting started.

Besides, When I go across to Dennys or the Flying-J if I am NOT open carrying, I get strange looks from the people that work there . . . . how great is that ?!? :P

When I went over to fuel the tractor a couple of daylights ago a midway officer pulled up beside me. My alarm bells went off because I was at the diesel pumps - his car runs on gasoline. :o Immediately the G20 on my hip tripled in size and weight, and I knew turning away wouldn't help; I had two magazine on my belt on the opposite side. I figured . . . here it comes, I wonder if my bosses will bail me out of jail . . . :-\

He asked how the range was coming and whether we offer LEO discounts . . . http://www.pic4ever.com/images/Bananeyessss.gif

Anyway, just for the record, however obviously irrelevant, I personally have absolutely no problem with y'all holding officially unofficial CCGF events like this.http://www.pic4ever.com/images/grouphug.gif

But I won't speak for Jonas . . . . .

jonastio
July 15th, 2013, 11:30 AM
I'll only be offended if I don't get an invite.

Johnny
July 16th, 2013, 09:26 PM
As I live in Quincy,I would like to come out an meet some of you.Can stay for cook out but would like to meet as many
Of you as possible.

Rail Driver
July 17th, 2013, 10:26 AM
ok so are you CHILDREN done mucking things up?

Looking like I might be roasting a hog along with hotdogs for the kids.

It's gonna cost something though, and I'm not gonna go to that kind of expense if the only person that is gonna show up is my buddy from West Palm that has already committed to coming.

This is free to anyone that comes (though donations will be gratefully accepted to help offset the food cost).

Jennisfan
July 17th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I have a lot of monitors and CPUs if you want them to shoot. I would like to go but I don't think I would be welcomed by some.

Rail Driver
July 17th, 2013, 10:47 AM
I have a lot of monitors and CPUs if you want them to shoot. I would like to go but I don't think I would be welcomed by some.

Anyone causing problems on my property with any of my guests (even if they're a guest too) will be politely asked to leave. Anyone continuing to cause problems after being asked to leave will be dealt with by the sheriff. I don't mess with that bullshit drama.

EVERYONE is welcome, EVERYONE will get along (or at least pretend to), and we'll all have a good time.

crawdaddy34
July 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM

BOOOOOO!!!!

Anyone causing problems on my property with any of my guests (even if they're a guest too) will be politely asked to leave. Anyone continuing to cause problems after being asked to leave will be dealt with by the sheriff. I don't mess with that bullshit drama.

EVERYONE is welcome, EVERYONE will get along (or at least pretend to), and we'll all have a good time.

Again, BOOOOO!!!!!

Give em both (good, high velocity) airsoft pistols and 20 paces, let em work that shit out man!!!!

;D

Rail Driver
July 17th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Got airsoft dueling pistols? Bring them if you like (but you gotta pick up ALL the plastic bbs afterwards)

No, there will be firearms present and probably at least some shooting. I won't have people behaving in anything less than the safest manner. There will be no "accidents".

Mixing airsoft and real guns is (let's face it) stupid.

Jennisfan - I have a PC component graveyard down in the shooting field - you're welcome to bring a couple targets.

crawdaddy34
July 17th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Got airsoft dueling pistols? Bring them if you like (but you gotta pick up ALL the plastic bbs afterwards)

No, there will be firearms present and probably at least some shooting. I won't have people behaving in anything less than the safest manner. There will be no "accidents".

Jennisfan - I have a PC component graveyard down in the shooting field - you're welcome to bring a couple targets.

Yeah, you probabbly have a valid point....

:o

Tack Driver
July 17th, 2013, 12:19 PM

You're starting to sound like ArcWelder. ;)

;D

crawdaddy34
July 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM

;D

ROFLMAO!!!

0utlaw
July 17th, 2013, 12:26 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/396994816/h76EBE36A/

Masharubu
July 17th, 2013, 01:46 PM

Agreed with Rail Driver. Not to mention, depending on who shows up, there will be children in attendance. With the older ones it could be explained, but the younger ones seeing grown men shoot at one another in an unsafe fashion, or get involved themselves (voluntary or otherwise)...UH HELL NO!

I'm not trying to be a hard-ass, but had to speak my mind. I am all for airsoft and FOF training, but the combination of live real firearms, airsoft, and children...not with me or my family in attendance!

Regarding the get-together, I would like to attend, but have yet to get the all-clear from my wife. I'll let you know once I do. Either way, thanks for getting this together.

Rail Driver
July 17th, 2013, 01:58 PM

Agreed with Rail Driver. Not to mention, depending on who shows up, there will be children in attendance. With the older ones it could be explained, but the younger ones seeing grown men shoot at one another in an unsafe fashion, or get involved themselves (voluntary or otherwise)...UH HELL NO!

I'm not trying to be a hard-ass, but had to speak my mind. I am all for airsoft and FOF training, but the combination of live real firearms, airsoft, and children...not with me or my family in attendance!

Regarding the get-together, I would like to attend, but have yet to get the all-clear from my wife. I'll let you know once I do. Either way, thanks for getting this together.

Not depending - my kids will be here. 3 of them. 4yrs, 2yrs, and 3 months old.

I'll know for sure if I'm able to get a hog around this time next week and will update accordingly.

I need a semi-solid guess of how many people are gonna come - If necessary we can discuss moving it to another day for convenience if it helps more people attend.

Remember, this isn't just to cook out and shoot guns - Feel free to bring any guns, gear, ammo, etc that you might like to trade or sell.

I was thinking from noon or 1 until whenever - A bonfire and marshmallow roast is also entirely possible if things run closer to dark.

oneton
July 18th, 2013, 09:34 PM

;D

damn,thats loooooooow, :P

Rumbler
July 18th, 2013, 09:56 PM

;D

Dang. And I was hoping you had spoken up to volunteer to teach the AR-15 pole vault . . . ;) :P

oneton
July 18th, 2013, 10:25 PM

;D

Dang. And I was hoping you had spoken up to volunteer to teach the AR-15 pole vault . . . ;) :P

pretty sure i dont remember how to do it ::)

Jennisfan
July 18th, 2013, 10:45 PM

;D

Wasn't it Arc that got Tack run from the other place.

Rail Driver
July 19th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Update on the cookout plans - picked up a bunch of hotdogs and some other snacks.

I'm most likely not going to be getting a hog for the cookout after all - that's just too much expense for an event that only a few people have shown any interest in at all.

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure anyone will make it judging by the repeated derailments of the discussion about it here.

bumblebee
July 19th, 2013, 08:10 AM
My family will be there unless it is storming worse than Crawdaddy's party. 2 adults, 2 dependents (ages 12 and 15)

Looking forward to seeing and meeting y'all

Tack Driver
July 19th, 2013, 08:27 AM
I already told you I intend to be there.

I've got some adds and ends I can bring to swap too.

Johnny
July 19th, 2013, 09:49 AM
will try to make it.Probably will not be able to stay for cook out but would like to meet some of you.

Rail Driver
July 19th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I got you down, Tack. You as well, Bumblebee (just don't sting me, I'm allergic).

- I can't even get you here so I can pay you cash money to set up a wireless bridge ( stopped trying after 2 months :P ). I knew you weren't coming.

Looks like 5 confirmed so far, one maybe and one "Hell No!" lol

If that number gets up to 10-15, then I'll reconsider and get a hog. Even if I don't, though - my BBQ brings all the boys to the yard.

Tack Driver
July 19th, 2013, 12:58 PM
LOL on the boy packed yard.

Anywayyyys, don't count AB. That fucker's gonna' back out. AB, ;D

AB
July 19th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I'm making a focused effort to be there! Don't jinx it! :)

ropeman
July 19th, 2013, 04:27 PM
but haven't been able to get the bridge function to work yet.

Are you using dd-wrt? if not check it out.

I would like to be there, but I can't commit. I think I will be out of town that weekend.

Rail Driver
July 19th, 2013, 04:43 PM
but haven't been able to get the bridge function to work yet.

Are you using dd-wrt? if not check it out.

I would like to be there, but I can't commit. I think I will be out of town that weekend.

Yeah. My router has DD-WRT built in, but I don't believe my wireless modem supports bridging which is where my problem is coming in.

I'm thinking the answer is to run the modem to the router and use the router for my wireless bridge connecting to a second router (which I have to get still) instead.
At this point it's all theory though, because my spare computer took a dive the other day after a particularly close lightning strike caused my power to flicker and I've only got the one now.

Jennisfan
July 19th, 2013, 04:57 PM
I dont know if I can make it but I would like to donate two boxes of .22lr to the winner of some type of shooting contest or game.

Rail Driver
July 19th, 2013, 05:59 PM
I dont know if I can make it but I would like to donate two boxes of .22lr to the winner of some type of shooting contest or game.

That's awesome!

We will have to come up with something - anyone got any ideas? Something the kids can participate in too.

For reference, the address is 152 Winding Creek Rd, Quincy, FL and you can reach me at 850-442-1428 (home) or 850-212-3766 (cell) - My cell doesn't get much of a signal here so if I don't answer try the house line.

jonastio
July 19th, 2013, 11:00 PM
You know, maybe I can sucker my wife and 2 kids into going.

Rail Driver
July 20th, 2013, 10:17 AM
You know, maybe I can sucker my wife and 2 kids into going.

That would be great.
Let me know

Rail Driver
July 20th, 2013, 07:46 PM
No ideas for a shooting contest yet?

Rail Driver
July 21st, 2013, 06:44 PM
The cookout is in a week - Doing hotdogs and cubed steaks. Couldn't afford a hog.

I need an accurate count of everyone coming -

So, to that end, correct my list if it's not right:

Tack Driver
Bumblebee (+3)

Jonas (+3) ??
Jennisfan ??
Johnny ??
AB ??

AB
July 21st, 2013, 07:45 PM
I'm still planning on it!

Tack Driver
July 21st, 2013, 07:50 PM
The cookout is in a week - Doing hotdogs and cubed steaks. Couldn't afford a hog.

I need an accurate count of everyone coming -

So, to that end, correct my list if it's not right:

I'm still planning on it!

Tack Driver
Bumblebee (+3)

Jonas (+3) ??
Jennisfan ??
Johnny ??
AB ??

Put me down for +2, and put an asterisk by AB ;D

AB
July 21st, 2013, 07:55 PM
Ah yes, the pitfalls of working in a client-driven industry!

Tack Driver
July 21st, 2013, 08:00 PM
Ah yes, the pitfalls of working in a client-driven industry!

I never get tired of that line. Lol. Some people are harder to serve than others.

Rail Driver
July 21st, 2013, 08:36 PM
Ok, here's the updated list:

Tack Driver +2
Bumblebee +3

AB: Maybe
Jennisfan: Maybe (Get with me about the contest - I don't mind doing it, but I don't have any .22 to spare - have to save my last 180rds for pest control)
Jonas +3: Maybe
Johnny: Maybe
Crawdaddy: Maybe
Masharubu: Maybe...

I lost track of all the "I might try to make it" ... I really don't want to cook up 25 meals if only 8 people show up. Those of you saying "Maybe" - let me know something soon because I still have to go grocery shopping, and it's going to take around a full day to prepare everything. I need to know FOR CERTAIN by Thursday in order to give myself time to have everything together.

YankeeFingergasm
July 21st, 2013, 08:41 PM
I'm a "most likely be there". Only me.

crawdaddy34
July 22nd, 2013, 07:50 AM
I'm not going to make this one. Thanks for the invite and I hope ya'll have a great time.

Tack Driver
July 22nd, 2013, 07:52 AM
I'm not going to make this one. Thanks for the invite and I hope ya'll have a great time.

WTF?! >:(

crawdaddy34
July 22nd, 2013, 07:53 AM

Sunday.....

Johnny
July 22nd, 2013, 12:18 PM
I plan on being there just to meet some of you>will probably not be able to stay for cookout.

Tack Driver
July 22nd, 2013, 01:21 PM

Sunday.....

You suck.

Tack Driver
July 22nd, 2013, 01:21 PM
I plan on being there just to meet some of you>will probably not be able to stay for cookout.

Good news.

crawdaddy34
July 22nd, 2013, 01:31 PM

Sunday.....

You suck.

I know.

Rail Driver
July 22nd, 2013, 06:34 PM

Lame. Not even an imaginative excuse. So lame.

crawdaddy34
July 22nd, 2013, 06:56 PM
I know. The truth is that far away on a sunday is just not easy....

AB
July 22nd, 2013, 07:09 PM
I would humbly request a 6-stage USPSA match...

crawdaddy34
July 22nd, 2013, 07:11 PM
I guess you guys have already thought about this but.....

Rail: this will be a DON'T BYOB event right?

YankeeFingergasm
July 22nd, 2013, 09:26 PM

Ummmm.....no beer? Why wouldn't I bring beer?

12bhunting
July 22nd, 2013, 09:43 PM

Is it a barbecue or a church social?

Rail Driver
July 22nd, 2013, 11:53 PM
You can bring beer, just don't get drunk and handle firearms/shoot, be respectful of the kids that will be here, and don't be an asshole. No liquor please.

AB: you can request something if you show up, but you won't get a 6 stage USPSA match. :) I have an idea or two kicking around.

I'm figuring on people showing up around 1, food around 3-4, bonfire whenever I get around to it for those that want to hang out. (weather permitting - right now nothing is dry)

YankeeFingergasm
July 23rd, 2013, 01:17 AM
You can bring beer, just don't get drunk and handle firearms/shoot, be respectful of the kids that will be here, and don't be an asshole. No liquor please.

I think that's a given....well on the other hand always good to throw that out there though lol

AB
July 23rd, 2013, 07:41 AM
I was kidding, of course! I'm just a big fan of the sport! Thanks in advance for hosting the event. That's no small thing to open your home to (for the most part) strangers. Hats off to you.

bumblebee
July 23rd, 2013, 08:11 AM
I know. The truth is that far away on a sunday is just not easy....

I am driving farther than you

AB: you can request something if you show up, but you won't get a 6 stage USPSA match. :) I have an idea or two kicking around.

I'm figuring on people showing up around 1, food around 3-4, bonfire whenever I get around to it for those that want to hang out. (weather permitting - right now nothing is dry)

So what type of hardware should we bring for the competition? I don't want to bring a shotgun to a 100 yard target match

crawdaddy34
July 23rd, 2013, 08:37 AM

Ummmm.....no beer? Why wouldn't I bring beer?

Because I personally do not mix alcohol and firearms. At all. Full stop.

Tack Driver
July 23rd, 2013, 08:59 AM

Liar.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j280/sstanley_photos/IMAG0165-1_zps2c9999af.jpg

crawdaddy34
July 23rd, 2013, 09:11 AM

Liar.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j280/sstanley_photos/IMAG0165-1_zps2c9999af.jpg

You're gonna stop with that fuckin picture.... one way or the other!

Highlander
July 23rd, 2013, 10:25 AM
Me, my wife, and son are coming. Bringing chips and sodas.

Rail Driver
July 23rd, 2013, 10:58 AM
The contest will be pistol. 2 shots at a target a long way off, closest one counts, closest overall wins. We will do multiple stages.

Tack Driver
July 23rd, 2013, 11:02 AM
The contest will be pistol. 2 shots at a target a long way off, closest one counts, closest overall wins. We will do multiple stages.

My PMR and I will own all. 8)

Unless I can aquire a PLR-16 before then. ;)

Rail Driver
July 23rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
S

My PMR and I will own all. 8)

Unless I can aquire a PLR-16 before then. ;)

Oh, did I make it sound easy? Hhehe...... dont worry, it wont be as easy as all that. I have a trick up my sleeve

Highlander
July 23rd, 2013, 11:15 AM
That will be a good opportunity to try out my new G34. Seeing how Tack's gonna "own", there won't be any pressure.

Rail, you gonna make a smaller one for the kids? Camden's going to bring his M&P .22.

Tack Driver
July 23rd, 2013, 11:42 AM
That will be a good opportunity to try out my new G34. Seeing how Tack's gonna "own", there won't be any pressure.

Rail, you gonna make a smaller one for the kids? Camden's going to bring his M&P .22.

There is plenty of room for you and your G34. My shit talking is instinctive, not clairvoyant.

Highlander
July 23rd, 2013, 11:46 AM

There is plenty of room for you and your G34. My shit talking is instinctive, not clairvoyant.

Haha, if anyone knows that, it's me. That being said, I've seen you back up some of your shit talk before. So, I never know how much of it is for real. Back to keeping us guessing...Anyway, just got the 34 so I'm not willing to talk smack with it, yet.

Tack Driver
July 23rd, 2013, 12:42 PM

Haha, if anyone knows that, it's me. That being said, I've seen you back up some of your shit talk before. So, I never know how much of it is for real. Back to keeping us guessing...Anyway, just got the 34 so I'm not willing to talk smack with it, yet.

I don't either. ;D

34 should be a great choice for this event, barring whatever curveball Rail might have for us.

Rail Driver
July 23rd, 2013, 09:09 PM
Well, there will actually end up being 2 contests - one for each box of ammo that Jennisfan has graciously offered to donate. I've had to revise my previous idea in favor of a much better idea.

The first contest will be open to everyone - two shots at a target, with any pistol, no lasers, closest one counts - elimination style, number of shooters dictates number of matches. Curveball to be announced right before the contest.

The second contest will be open to everyone, but I'd like to award the prize to the highest scoring child competitor. This one I am thinking something like "horse" but with guns, but with less letters in the interest of conserving ammo. ( specifics to be discussed - the basic rules can be found at the following link for those who don't know: http://www.gettingoutside.com/H-O-R-S-E-Basketball )

Winner of one competition is excluded from the second competition.

Crawdaddy: Obviously any drinking of beer will be done AFTER any shooting activities - We're all mature enough to understand that guns and alcohol don't mix (well... Tack's maturity is seriously questionable most of the time, but even he knows better than to mix alcohol and guns). If that's the reason you've decided not to come (not entirely sure based on your responses and my lack of sleep the past few nights), rest assured that I will NOT allow violations of safety like that to occur and please reconsider.

And for the record - I like Bud Light Lime in the bottle, Bud Select, and Killian's Irish Red - definitely NOT a beer snob though - I've been known to put down a few Natural Ice from time to time too.

bumblebee
July 24th, 2013, 08:00 AM
I need this rain to stop so I can get to work...otherwise I am going to be working on Sunday

crawdaddy34
July 24th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Crawdaddy: Obviously any drinking of beer will be done AFTER any shooting activities - We're all mature enough to understand that guns and alcohol don't mix (well... Tack's maturity is seriously questionable most of the time, but even he knows better than to mix alcohol and guns). If that's the reason you've decided not to come (not entirely sure based on your responses and my lack of sleep the past few nights), rest assured that I will NOT allow violations of safety like that to occur and please reconsider.

And for the record - I like Bud Light Lime in the bottle, Bud Select, and Killian's Irish Red - definitely NOT a beer snob though - I've been known to put down a few Natural Ice from time to time too.

Not at all man. I have no doubt everyone on here is smart enough, and responsible enough, to know that guns and alcohol don't mix. It was just one of those things that popped into my head and I thought I would throw out just as a reminder. Sorry if anyone took offense. I personally don't ever have an issue with folks reminding me about safety. That's where I was coming from.

And no, it's not a deciding factor for me attending. Truth is I haven't COMPLEATLY rulled it out. But it's not LIKELY that we will make it. It's the distance/time that is a factor. I would hate to drive all the way out there and only be able to stay 2-3 hours, but any later than than and all the sudden it's kinda late getting home. On a sunday, having to work monday, that's a problem. And I didn't want to leave myself on the maybe list if there was a less than 50% chance that I'll make it....

Make sense?

Tack Driver
July 24th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Blah, blah, blah, I suck

Make sense?

Yes.

crawdaddy34
July 24th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Blah, blah, blah, I suck

Make sense?

Yes.

^^^that to^^^

Rail Driver
July 24th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Ok, so here's the plan - since I have so many "maybe" responses, and so few people are willing to commit and confirm for a sunday afternoon of shooting, good food and fun....

I'm gonna pick up 15 cubed steaks and a big pack of hotdogs.
If that ends up not being enough, I'm sure we will figure something out.

Any last minute ideas, additions, or anything else, feel free to post up.

jonastio
July 24th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Sorry dude, it's just been pretty crazy. I really wish I could give you a better answer.

Highlander
July 24th, 2013, 11:46 AM
I'd offer that the folks that have replied with a "maybe" actually do show up, maybe bring a little something extra to grill for themselves in case your supply runs out.

Rail Driver
July 24th, 2013, 12:42 PM
I'd offer that the folks that have replied with a "maybe" actually do show up, maybe bring a little something extra to grill for themselves in case your supply runs out.

This is fair. If nothing else, I'm sure someone could run into quincy for more if it's needed.

Pretty much for everyone, bring whatever you want to, or can. Anyone that can help out in any little way is welcome to do so. Folding chairs/tables, food or drinks, umbrellas and hip-waders...

I do want to let everyone know to prepare for bugs - If you have a thermacell, plan to wear it. You might want to bring bug spray too.

maddawg918
July 24th, 2013, 01:05 PM
I can't make it Fuzzy, I've got a guy coming from Charleston to buy hogs, but Id like to donate a little something to help offset the cost to you. You got Paypal?

Rail Driver
July 24th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I can't make it Fuzzy, I've got a guy coming from Charleston to buy hogs, but Id like to donate a little something to help offset the cost to you. You got Paypal?

I don't, but my gf does. I very much appreciate it - maybe you can make the next one (around the middle/end of august close to my birthday).

I'll send you a pm shortly

JYB018
July 24th, 2013, 06:34 PM
What time are the festivities starting? I think my son and I might just make it. My son is 4, any kids around his age going to be there?

Rail Driver
July 24th, 2013, 06:49 PM
What time are the festivities starting? I think my son and I might just make it. My son is 4, any kids around his age going to be there?

Any time between 12:30 and 1:30 or so. I plan to start cooking between 2:30 and 3.

My son is 4, and I have two daughters (2 and 3 mos) as well.

Rail Driver
July 24th, 2013, 11:08 PM
One more thing - I need someone to volunteer to come out Saturday to help me set up some things. If you know how to swing a hammer, it's a plus.

Tack Driver
July 24th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Change me to a +0, but I'll be there.

Rail Driver
July 24th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Change me to a +0, but I'll be there.

No worries.

Also, a side note - my girlfriend and I discussed it, and we have decided that since I'm going to be grilling that regular steaks would be much better than cubed steaks, so that's the updated plan. Someone want to bring some whole potatoes to roast?

YankeeFingergasm
July 24th, 2013, 11:33 PM
I'll be there. Just me though. I'll bring water for EVERYONE. Would 3 cases be enough? That's 72 bottles.

Rail Driver
July 24th, 2013, 11:59 PM
I'll be there. Just me though. I'll bring water for EVERYONE. Would 3 cases be enough? That's 72 bottles.

That will be enough. I didn't really think about it but you city folk probably wouldn't care for the well water here. Bit of a sulfur-ish taste/smell. Great idea, YF.

maddawg918
July 25th, 2013, 10:27 AM

I don't, but my gf does. I very much appreciate it - maybe you can make the next one (around the middle/end of august close to my birthday).

I'll send you a pm shortly

6 pack of Killian on me.

JYB018
July 25th, 2013, 12:00 PM
If you've got the time/energy/supplies and want to build a stand we can put these on I'll bring them. I just finished them up, I haven't even shot them yet.

Spaced how they are there is about 5'.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc291/jyb018/legrig168_zpse9e2f6c5.jpg (http://s218.photobucket.com/user/jyb018/media/legrig168_zpse9e2f6c5.jpg.html)

No, we can't shoot them off my tool box!!! ;)

FLT
July 25th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Why not we are all expert shooters and we never miss. Well almost never anyway. :o ::) ;)

oneton
July 25th, 2013, 09:14 PM
If you've got the time/energy/supplies and want to build a stand we can put these on I'll bring them. I just finished them up, I haven't even shot them yet.

Spaced how they are there is about 5'.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc291/jyb018/legrig168_zpse9e2f6c5.jpg (http://s218.photobucket.com/user/jyb018/media/legrig168_zpse9e2f6c5.jpg.html)

No, we can't shoot them off my tool box!!! ;)

fuggg,why not?them taylor county boys get upset,cause they would'nt get that chance? ::) :D

Masharubu
July 25th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Well, I finally have a difinitive answer per the boss (a.k.a. wife): "We have something to do on Sunday." I said, "you," she responded "WE!" And she had that evil look in her eyes (you married guys know what I am talking about). I am not sure what she is up to (my birthday is a couple of weeks away), but I am just going to have to accept this. Yep, I suck!

Have a good time; wish I were able to attend...

HarleyBrent
July 25th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Rail as a newer member id like to stop by and meet some of you guys. I can bring chairs. I may not take them with me though. Im working all week end and cant stay more than a couple hours and you dont need to feed me

Rail Driver
July 25th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Canopy: absolutely, you are welcome to come out!

Mash: I wouldn't know. My girlfriend does what I tell her to lol

JYB: sure, man! Bring them if you like. I am sure we can get something going.

Masharubu
July 25th, 2013, 11:55 PM

Lucky man but be careful it's bait. They do that stuff until they get the ring on their finger; then it becomes, "we are x", "you will y", and "I never used to do that!" :'(

I love my wife dearly, but I swear I proposed to a different woman...

Rail Driver
July 26th, 2013, 12:16 PM

Lucky man but be careful it's bait. They do that stuff until they get the ring on their finger; then it becomes, "we are x", "you will y", and "I never used to do that!" :'(

Nah I'm not worried about that - We've been together almost 6 years, known each other for over 15 years, and when I got with her I made it clear I wasn't willing to get married again. She's cool with that. Besides - we have 3 kids together - we may as well be married, and I'm certainly not going anyplace.

ropeman
July 26th, 2013, 12:39 PM

Just as long as it never gets this bad! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRPtxXpRmI8

Sounds like there will be a good turn out! I wish I was going to make it.

Rail Driver
July 26th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I still need someone to come out Saturday to help build target stands and whatnot - I'm going early saturday morning to pick up the lumber (they were closed last night by the time I got off work).

I've got a Skil saw, but if you've got a miter box (power, not hand), that would be extremely helpful.

JYB018
July 26th, 2013, 02:10 PM
I've got some aluminum target stands like these I can bring, if that helps.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc291/jyb018/competition%20shooting/ShootingStand009.jpg (http://s218.photobucket.com/user/jyb018/media/competition%20shooting/ShootingStand009.jpg.html)

Rail Driver
July 26th, 2013, 02:21 PM
I've got some aluminum target stands like these I can bring, if that helps.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc291/jyb018/competition%20shooting/ShootingStand009.jpg (http://s218.photobucket.com/user/jyb018/media/competition%20shooting/ShootingStand009.jpg.html)

Those will help - I'd only have to pick up some stakes and cardboard targets - much more cost effective for the time being (though I still have to build target stands for myself)

JYB018
July 26th, 2013, 02:39 PM
OK. I know I have 3. Maybe a few more hiding. The stands are 19" outside to outside.

I'll bring a 3'x3' shooting box too.

Got your PM
I'll call you when I get off work after 5.

Masharubu
July 26th, 2013, 02:57 PM

Just as long as it never gets this bad! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRPtxXpRmI8

Sounds like there will be a good turn out! I wish I was going to make it.

Wow, she is nuts! My wife truely is a saint, she just has those wifeisms...

Yea, I really wish I could attend as well. I hope everyone has a great time!

Rail Driver
July 26th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Since it probably got lost in the thread,

My address is 152 Winding Creek Rd. Quincy, FL

Directions are as follows:

Take I-10W to Greensboro/Gretna exit (past Quincy)
Go left off the exit towards Greensboro.
Go across the train tracks to the end and take a right on Jackson.
Take Jackson to Sycamore (CR-270), Left onto Sycamore.
Take Sycamore out past the cemetery and tomato fields until you see a yellow sign on your left mentioning "310 Acres For Sale"; Winding Creek Rd. is the next right. You will be on concrete/asphalt all the way to my road, which is a dirt road.
Turn right onto Winding Creek Rd. and go to the second driveway on the right - there are two mailboxes marking the driveway. Go right into the driveway and go past the first gate, take the bumpy driveway all the way back.

I'm planning on people starting to show up around 12:30, and I'm planning to start cooking around 2:30 or so.

Rail Driver
July 27th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Alright! I'll see you all tomorrow. Feel free to start showing up pretty much any time after 12:30 - I hope to start cooking around 2:30, but it may be delayed until around 3 or so.

If anyone has any trouble finding the place, just give me a call and we'll get you here.

Don't speed through Midway.

Someone bring a camera - I'm sure there will be a kodak moment or two.

and hey ... someone stop at Talon on the way and club Rumbler over the head and drag him out here for a steak! (Seriously man - you should come out, even if it's only for lunch)

bumblebee
July 28th, 2013, 12:04 PM
No rain, I am working, sorry. just stopped for lunch.

crawdaddy34
July 28th, 2013, 06:36 PM
It was good getting to meet ya'll that came out. Big thanks to Rail for putting this on.

See ya'll at the next one!

Tack Driver
July 28th, 2013, 07:00 PM
It was good getting to meet ya'll that came out. Big thanks to Rail for putting this on.

You weren't there! >:(

Were you? :-\

crawdaddy34
July 28th, 2013, 07:05 PM

Yeah, for like 3 1/2, 4 hours.... wheres the fucks was yous?

>:(

Tack Driver
July 28th, 2013, 07:11 PM

Yeah, for like 3 1/2, 4 hours.... wheres the fucks was yous?

>:(

I got there at 1600. :-[

crawdaddy34
July 28th, 2013, 07:15 PM
I'm planning on people starting to show up around 12:30, and I'm planning to start cooking around 2:30 or so.

I got there at 1600. :-[

Well that explains it.... I showed up on time. ;D

Tack Driver
July 28th, 2013, 07:17 PM
on time. ;D

What's that? ;D

crawdaddy34
July 28th, 2013, 07:20 PM
on time. ;D

What's that? ;D

Yeah. I'm learning that about you....

Get a watch.

If you already have one...

Get a better fuckin watch.

Tack Driver
July 28th, 2013, 07:23 PM
on time. ;D

What's that? ;D

Get a watch.

LOL. I want that Surefire watch. Buy it for me and I'll be on time to all your CCGF tea and tupperware parties.

Triad
July 28th, 2013, 07:23 PM
on time. ;D

What's that? ;D

Ticking away the moments
That make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours
In an off-hand way

Kicking around on a piece of ground
In your home town
Waiting for someone or something
To show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine
Staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long
And there is time to kill today

And then the one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun

(From Pink Floyd, Time -)

Triad
July 28th, 2013, 07:24 PM

Nice meeting you Crawdaddy - and ditto the thanks to Raildriver!

crawdaddy34
July 28th, 2013, 07:25 PM
on time. ;D

What's that? ;D

Get a watch.

LOL. I want that Surefire watch. Buy it for me and I'll be on time to all your CCGF tea and tupperware parties.

Liar....

crawdaddy34
July 28th, 2013, 07:26 PM

You to triad.

Sorry I couldn't hang out longer.... I heard tack was on his way so..... ;D

Triad
July 28th, 2013, 07:28 PM

You to triad.

Sorry I couldn't hang out longer.... I heard tack was on his way so..... ;D

Yeah, he got there - had some nice firearms too, except I couldn't hit anything with 'em...

Triad
July 28th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Nice meeting you Tack - a real pleasure -

Tack Driver
July 28th, 2013, 07:30 PM
on time. ;D

What's that? ;D

Get a watch.

Liar....

Never bro, never.

YankeeFingergasm
July 28th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I really enjoyed myself. Good people, good guns, good food, good times. I really enjoyed meeting all of you and the few ladies that attended, that includes you Tack (fashionably late). I look forward to more events.

JYB018
July 28th, 2013, 08:02 PM
I really enjoyed myself. Good people, good guns, good food, good times. I really enjoyed meeting all of you and the few ladies that attended, that includes you Tack (fashionably late). I look forward to more events.

This is pretty much what I was going to type verbatim.....so......+1!!

Thanks RailDriver for putting it on and thanks to everyone that let me fondle/shoot there firearms. It's always nice putting names with faces!

I think my steel is officially broken it!!! 8)

YankeeFingergasm
July 28th, 2013, 08:04 PM
There are some really talented and intelligent people on this forum. Happy to be a part of it.

Johnny
July 28th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Enjoyed meeting the ones that were there when I was. maybe the next time I can stay for the whole time.Did anyone shoot clays?

YankeeFingergasm
July 28th, 2013, 08:16 PM
I wish we had. I totally forgot about it. I've never shot clays before so I was looking forward to that. Slipped my mind though.

JYB018
July 28th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Enjoyed meeting the ones that were there when I was. maybe the next time I can stay for the whole time.Did anyone shoot clays?

I wanted to try that thrower out, but the day just slipped by. It was nice to meet you Johnny, wish you could have stayed.

I wish we had. I totally forgot about it. I've never shot clays before so I was looking forward to that. Slipped my mind though.

I had my Beretta 391 in the truck. Maybe next time!!

Anyone wanna tell me the secret to posting a video and Ill put the one of the watermelon up.

Jmoorewar
July 28th, 2013, 08:45 PM
I don't know how to do videos but I'd like it if someone could txt it to me

YankeeFingergasm
July 28th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Oh yeah...yall missed the watermelon and tannerite

jonastio
July 28th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Sorry I wasn't able to make it. Had some stuff come up. :(

AB
July 28th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Nice seeing everyone!

Rail Driver
July 29th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Thanks for coming out everyone.

I am glad you all enjoyed yourselves, and the food.

Johnny - Me and Zach tossed a few clays after everyone left - I think I found a new "fun time" activity.

Now on to the bad news - A few months ago I had Zach up and we did a bit of shooting, and some old, half crippled and completely stupid and ignorant people came blazing into my yard honking their horn tripping about us having "WWIII" down here while they were trying to enjoy their weekend (?) -

Well, according to my landlord they called her wigging out again. They told her that I was shooting non-stop since 11am (which is really odd since we didn't start shooting until well after 12

So - I'm not allowed to shoot high powered rifles here anymore. That's what she said though - I'm going to discuss it with her when I'm a little more calm about it. I'm sure she would like to keep that rent money coming in on time.

Johnny
July 29th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Good Rail ,glad you got to use it.I will come out later this week an pick it up!

Jmoorewar
July 29th, 2013, 10:55 AM
blah blah blah.and to anyone who has the tannerite vid txt to 728-6865 please

crawdaddy34
July 29th, 2013, 11:11 AM

Jmoore - If you get that vid forward it to me....

Jennisfan
July 29th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Tannerite, damn I missed out. Always a day late and a dollar short. Sounds like you guys had a blast, literally.

JYB018
July 29th, 2013, 11:17 AM

Well.....what had happen was....They forgot to inform the camera guy that there was tannerite in the watermelon.....so the camera guy stopped the video after the second shot. Oops! :o

I'm blaming it on the marksman!!! 8)

Video inbound...

Rail Driver
July 29th, 2013, 01:04 PM
It's ok. I will just make sure to have the next one at my next door neighbors house so the Landlord can't say anything

Masharubu
July 29th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Sounds like it was a great time folks. Sorry I couldn't attend, but the wife was correct, we needed to do something as a family for another family member (dying of cancer). Anyhow, I hope to make the next event.

Rail Driver
July 29th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Good Rail ,glad you got to use it.I will come out later this week an pick it up!

I'm gonna buy it from you, just won't have the cash until next tuesday if that's alright.
I had a blast with it, and with my 18" barrel combined with Triad's advice, I hit 12 or 13 out of 20 (some doubles) while my buddy Zach didn't even hit one. I really enjoyed it.

Sounds like it was a great time folks. Sorry I couldn't attend, but the wife was correct, we needed to do something as a family for another family member (dying of cancer). Anyhow, I hope to make the next event.

I'm sorry to hear it. Please accept my condolences for your family member's poor situation.

The next one is on the 18th of August for my birthday (which is on the 15th). I'll be doing burgers and dogs. We'll probably hold it at my next door neighbor's house (the first driveway instead of the second, on Winding Creek, the place with the big field and the barn just up the road) so we can shoot and my landlord can't complain.

Rail Driver
July 29th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone again for coming out, and especially to those that helped out in some way or another. It's very much appreciated.
You guys all helped make it a great time.

Jmoorewar
July 29th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Good times.next one after the 18th is on me.bout to post some ideas and feel it out