PDA

View Full Version : Powder pro scale & dispenser

12bhunting
May 22nd, 2017, 09:37 PM
All I can say is wow. I have been using powder scoops and a trickler to weigh powder. Mapper hooked me up with a guy selling this set up a couple months ago and I've finally had a chance to set it up. I took all my wife's sewing shit off her desk and took it over, she doesn't know yet, but that will turn into a different thread I imagine...... The speed and convenience of this set up is awesome. Whatever you press in, this gig drops it within +-.1 gr. I may have to pull a Ray Rice to keep the desk, but I'm running a single stage press in half the time....11267

mapper
May 23rd, 2017, 12:52 AM
I hear you, i have a chargemaster i use for rifle, it is nice to put a primed case in the turret press under a powder charge die, put the powder in it set the pan back on the scale, turn the turret to a seating die, seat a bullet, swap cases with one under the charge die and have the next powder charge waiting on me.

My powder trickler trickler hasn't been used since I got the chargemaster.

A electric trimmer, a motorized case prep center, a charge master, and a good media separator made the tedious part of loading go away for me.

BlueBronco
May 23rd, 2017, 12:45 PM
Hi tech rednecks . . .

:outtahere:

FLT
May 23rd, 2017, 01:35 PM
12B if you set your powder measure to throw a charge that's 1 or 2 grains light and then let the pro charge bring it up to max it's lot faster

mapper
May 23rd, 2017, 05:36 PM
12B if you set your powder measure to throw a charge that's 1 or 2 grains light and then let the pro charge bring it up to max it's lot faster

That would even go faster with 2 matched scale pans, just sayin' :banana:

12bhunting
May 23rd, 2017, 08:27 PM

Damn fine idea.