PDA

View Full Version : TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT ROBERT KELLER Oct 24th/25th

Airgator0470
May 17th, 2017, 03:35 PM
OK slack-asses... time to get back to training. This year, I'm bringing Robert Keller to Aucilla.

Dates will be TUESDAY OCTOBER 24th and WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 25th... these dates work for Robert and I as he will already be in Florida.

Cost is $500.00

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY as my name and reputation are on the line each time I do these classes...

If you want in, you MUST e-mail me at Bob@Signal-0.com after you visit the link below and register/pay.

EDIT- To register and pay, visit http://gamutresolutions.com/schedule/ it might take a couple days to show up.

I need a minimum of 10 hard chargers to make this happen... let's get it on. More info to follow...

Danman
May 17th, 2017, 03:37 PM
In, bitches!

Airgator0470
May 17th, 2017, 03:39 PM
Slight change on due dates... Robert requires funds 2 months ahead of time... so our deadline is September 1st... PLENTY OF TIME to piece meal the balance.

Airgator0470
May 17th, 2017, 04:17 PM
UPDATE: I might have this set up where you can go to Bob's site and pay for the class... I'll let you all know ASAP. Might make it easier on some, certainly will be easier for me.

Nosigforyou
May 17th, 2017, 04:26 PM
In, bitches!

Well said. Still in. Y'all need to quit fucking around and commit.

Airgator0470
May 17th, 2017, 04:37 PM
All set... visit http://gamutresolutions.com/schedule/ to register and pay... then e-mail me so I know. Might take a couple days for our class to show.

Tack Driver
May 17th, 2017, 04:55 PM
In

Tack Driver
May 17th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Somebody let us know when it's up. I got shit to do. :poke:

JMW4570
May 17th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Carbine and pistol I assume?

Airgator0470
May 18th, 2017, 05:36 AM
Carbine and pistol I assume?

Yes.

Nosigforyou
May 19th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Class is up on the website.

Airgator0470
May 19th, 2017, 11:07 AM
FIRST COME FIRST SERVED... limit is set at 12. No exceptions.

AB
May 20th, 2017, 08:20 AM
This guy seems squared away. It sounds like a nuts-and-bolts "do your homework" kind of class.

Airgator0470
May 20th, 2017, 08:46 AM
This guy seems squared away. It sounds like a nuts-and-bolts "do your homework" kind of class.

I think we will spend more time physically "doing" things... if that makes sense. I agree with his claim that ready up type drills are where it's at... almost any situation you find yourself in, brining your firearm up and getting quick sight acquisition to get that first round off is going to be included in your actions/reactions.

He's already demonstrated in a video a different way of doing top offs with a rifle... it's completely 180 of what I teach... so like you mentioned in another thread, you start to ponder potential conflicts... but I think this is good as, if you are serious about improving, you will self-test the methods in conflict and decide what's best for you.

Nosigforyou
May 20th, 2017, 10:53 AM
I think we will spend more time physically "doing" things... if that makes sense. I agree with his claim that ready up type drills are where it's at... almost any situation you find yourself in, brining your firearm up and getting quick sight acquisition to get that first round off is going to be included in your actions/reactions.

He's already demonstrated in a video a different way of doing top offs with a rifle... it's completely 180 of what I teach... so like you mentioned in another thread, you start to ponder potential conflicts... but I think this is good as, if you are serious about improving, you will self-test the methods in conflict and decide what's best for you.

Easy for me-if I fumble the mag, his way is better. If I don't fumble, AG's way is better.

AB
May 21st, 2017, 07:06 AM
I think I watched the same video, and yes, that's the first time I ever heard to just reload and then recover the partial magazine.

Airgator0470
May 21st, 2017, 09:03 AM
I think I watched the same video, and yes, that's the first time I ever heard to just reload and then recover the partial magazine.

To me... both involve the same tasks... retrieving a fresh mag, replacing the partially expended mag, and then securing the partially expended mag... both offer a solution with advantages and disadvantages.

Each has the rifle in a 0ne-shot posture for a very brief period of time. It seems Keller's way is more deliberate and w/o delay... but... creates a period of time where you do not have physical possession of the partially consumed magazine...meaning you must remember/make sure you secure it... otherwise, should you get flushed from your position or get distracted, you risk leaving something behind for the enemy or you may end up needing those few rounds.

All hypothetical of course for most people, but a serious consideration for a lone cop dealing with an active shooter.

Tack Driver
May 26th, 2017, 05:51 PM
DBTS

Airgator0470
May 27th, 2017, 11:03 AM
DBTS

??

polebarn
May 27th, 2017, 11:14 AM
I think he means he registered.:)

Airgator0470
June 4th, 2017, 01:16 PM
We have seven signed up and paid for... just a few more slots.

Airgator0470
July 6th, 2017, 04:13 PM
Two slots left...

Airgator0470
July 16th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Still on with two slots open.

Airgator0470
August 15th, 2017, 08:32 PM
​CLASS IS FULL!!! We're in for a great time!

Tack Driver
August 15th, 2017, 09:25 PM
I only believe you because of the red letters, the caps, and the excessive punctuation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

JMW4570
October 26th, 2017, 08:30 AM
Really good class. REALLY good guy. If you ever get a chance to take a Bob Keller course, do it. No Hollywood ninja stuff, solid rifle and pistol training based on real world experience that gets the job done. Thanks Bob Capps for hosting.

Danman
October 26th, 2017, 09:45 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Bob Keller and definitely learned quite a bit. Even though I had some off days, it was great to hang out with a great group of guys and enjoy the beautiful weather. Looking forward to the next class.

Evil_McNasty
October 26th, 2017, 09:57 AM
How would you compare it to Pat Mac?

JMW4570
October 26th, 2017, 10:21 AM
How would you compare it to Pat Mac?

I would do Keller again in a heartbeat, not so with PatMac. IMHO Mac was for the show, though I would never underestimate his abilities. Keller was for go and much better teacher. A true quiet professional, but a lot of fun to be around once he sorted out the group. Bob Keller was very down to earth, sincere, discussed differences between military, LEO, and civilian reactions to different situations, answered questions, and in my estimation... honestly cared. We worked on mastering the basic come up (from low ready with rifle or from holster with pistol) and then built on that with more exercises and timer work. Based on what he said, he had been in a pile of gunfights, and his focus was on teaching what works as simply as possible - he said that is what makes the difference. He did do a great job of explaining what he does, why he does it, and how he continues to learn from others. Accuracy and speed on target is the basic building block - you can't go forward until you have this down and gave us the tools/drills to work on it. BUT he often said, if you have something that really works for you - he wasn't going to 'make' you do something different. Just try it and then make up your own mind. Then build enough repetitions over thousands of rounds of quality (not quantity) practice, to build the muscle/brain memory so it is an automatic response. From one who has done a lot of Adult education in my field, Bob is going to do well in the teaching field once he retires in a couple years. This was his basic course but in all my courses I have taken (and I learn from each one), this one was at the top.

JW

Airgator0470
October 26th, 2017, 10:47 AM
My feedback sent to Bob:

If you want the bottom line upfront… seek out a class with Bob Keller at Gamut Resolutions. I had the pleasure of hosting one of Bob's classes (Intro to Tactical Carbine & Pistol) and before we were even finished with the first day, guys were telling me to schedule him for the next level class.

I have shot and trained with most of the guys in the class,and while all were experienced shooters who have attending various training classes before, NO ONE felt the class was basic despite the perception one mayhave with an "Intro to…" class. In other words, the class instruction was extremely beneficial with no useless filler. I actually watched as one shooter improved substantially by the end of the second day.

The rifle and pistol manipulation/mechanics drills and purpose-based instruction are geared toward one main goal which is most important in surviving a violent encounter… get up on the threat FAST and send that first critical shot ACCURATELY… then stay on your threat and engage until it has been eliminated.

Bob's personality and teaching style was better than one could ask for. Extremely approachable, articulate, and certainly not one of those "my way" or "who in the heck showed you that" type instructors. Bob carefully worked the group giving guidance and instruction where needed while pushing competent individuals to a higher level. Not an easy task for an instructor.

As the SWAT Commander for a central FL Sheriff's Office SWAT Team, it is my responsibility to improve my skills and ensure the team members receive the best relevant firearms training possible. As a Firearms Instructor, it is my responsibility to adopt, master, and then teach results-oriented based techniques that are proven. Bob Keller's instruction is just what he says it is in his videos… combat proven and not based on theory or theatrics. True statement.

I give Bob Keller and Gamut Resolutions my highest recommendation and look forward to hosting more of his classes.

I'm looking to bring Bob back for the Intro to Tactical Carbine/Pistol April 12th/13th (Thursday, Friday) and for Tactical Carbine/Pistol II April 14th/15th. I'll let you all know once Bob and I iron it out.

Evil_McNasty
October 26th, 2017, 12:27 PM
This was his basic course but in all my courses I have taken (and I learn from each one), this one was at the top.

JW

Wow, that says it all right there. Good review. thanks

Evil_McNasty
October 26th, 2017, 12:30 PM
So did he instruct each person on their particular needs? It seems like one of the common complaints about Pat was that he just did/showed everything for the class but didn't really help individuals when needed.

Either way, it sounds like some of us missed out on a great class. Looking fwd to April.

Danman
October 26th, 2017, 12:37 PM
So did he instruct each person on their particular needs? It seems like one of the common complaints about Pat was that he just did/showed everything for the class but didn't really help individuals when needed.

Either way, it sounds like some of us missed out on a great class. Looking fwd to April.

Yes and no - he showed a way he thought was faster and helped people that needed help. He was definitely not a babysitter, but didn't let the people struggling fall behind.

What I thoroughly enjoyed compared to the past events at Bob's place is the WHY - why do something a particular way. Keller has direct experience on the reasons WHY he operated the way he specifically did. If someone had a different method but was a fast, that's great - but he presented the method he thought that worked best for him.

JMW4570
October 26th, 2017, 02:11 PM
An unfortunate incident took Dan off his game. He got himself down a little after getting an impromptu tramp stamp via some dude standing next to him. :)

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Bob Keller and definitely learned quite a bit. Even though I had some off days, it was great to hang out with a great group of guys and enjoy the beautiful weather. Looking forward to the next class.

Danman
October 26th, 2017, 02:48 PM
An unfortunate incident took Dan off his game. He got himself down a little after getting an impromptu tramp stamp via some dude standing next to him. :)

Still hurts.

Tack Driver
October 26th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Hot brass?

JMW4570
October 26th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Yepperoni. Never knew Dan had such good dance moves. To his credit he did stay in the game and exercised good muzzle control.