PDA

View Full Version : Gun range in the S.E. Tallahassee ?

Ravens Nest
September 23rd, 2016, 01:50 PM
Looking for a range close to me. I used to live down in Crawfordville and was a member of the Wakulla Sheriffs range down in Sopchoppy, but I have recently moved up to Tally over on the S.E. area ... Are there any places to shoot over here ?

I mostly shoot 9mm & 45 ACP pistol also M1A.

Any help or suggestions are welcomed & Thanks in advance .

Johnny
September 23rd, 2016, 02:00 PM
Go to Midway Talon Range Best there is

Ravens Nest
September 23rd, 2016, 02:07 PM
Yes Sir, I know of Talon. Nice folks ... I had to qualify there for the state when I was a ranger. But, it's on the N.W. part of Tally which is the complete opposite corner of the county / city from me. That's why I was asking for a place on the S.E. side.

0utlaw
September 23rd, 2016, 02:16 PM
Unfortunately WCSO is really the closest thing to you, the assisted suicide range in the forest may be closer but...................

mapper
September 23rd, 2016, 02:23 PM
The only ranges I'm aware of:
Wakulla county sherrifs range Sopchoppy
Talon Midway
TRPC Woodville
Tall indoor range cap cir NW
Public range off springhill

It is going to be a drive to any of them, and they all are not created equal.

Public range on a gun show weekend *may* need some rethought to scheduling.

Ravens Nest
September 23rd, 2016, 02:46 PM
Thanks yall. I've been to the public range over in the forest. 1st time was several years back. It was OK, went early on a cold rainy Sunday morning, had it to myself for almost 1/2 hour. The 2nd time was right after they rebuilt it with the nice new restrooms, it was pretty cool. Then a couple weeks later ... the 3rd and last time, the new bathrooms were all shot to hell ! Those dumb bastards must have put several hundred rounds in each wall, including the roof & door. I never went back.

mapper
September 23rd, 2016, 02:52 PM
:wisechoice:

Cattle/Horses
September 23rd, 2016, 03:09 PM
The only ranges I'm aware of:
Wakulla county sherrifs range Sopchoppy
Talon Midway
TRPC Woodville
Tall indoor range cap cir NW
Public range off springhill

It is going to be a drive to any of them, and they all are not created equal.

Public range on a gun show weekend *may* need some rethought to scheduling.

http://www.trpc.net/about.html

Ravens Nest
September 23rd, 2016, 03:17 PM
Why in thee hell would you trash a nice range set up ?!? It doesn't make any damn sense ! My old range back home in Central Fla, Seminole Gun range, there was no bathroom, running water or lights... you had to your business out in the palmetto's ... these goofy wantabee thugs piss me off.

mattb
September 26th, 2016, 10:46 AM
I vote for Talon. Worth the drive to be safe and secure.

Dale Gribble
September 26th, 2016, 12:01 PM
TRPC is closer to you and its decent. However unless something has changed they don't have any bays allowing tactical movement and they are aghast that folks would do such a thing.

So if a static range is your thing it will work. Otherwise Talon is the only game in town.