PDA

View Full Version : Change of plans

e.money83
September 22nd, 2016, 11:21 PM
My plan was to get started reloading pistol rounds, cheap and simple relatively. Was working towards a press and whatnot. Today I get a late birthday present. Lee load all for 12 gauge shot shells. A big ass bag of wading, about twenty pounds of number nine shot, about six hundred 209 primers. Some more shells and some powder and I'll be pumping out 12 gauge rounds in my spare time.9135

mapper
September 23rd, 2016, 09:18 AM
I came across a mec 600, in 12 ga, 50 lbs of bird shot, a load book, some red dot powder, and the thought occurred to me was to call mayville engineering and check on the cost to convert it to 16 gauge.

Shotshell reloading
It is a good skill to know, but I don't think you'll save any money or very little after you run out of components, at least on 12 or 20 guage.
I think other guages are better for savings, and load tailoring, as they are not as common.
Bumblebee would be the person I would ask about shotshell loading,

But metallic reloading,
If you want to fiddle with a lee pro 1000, I may part with one (the replacement would be blue) But I think a lee classic cast turret would serve you better, and you'll have to pry that one away from me with a crowbar.

The red dot got used to load target "I care about my family" loads.
The mec 600 load book, and a bag of shot got lent to a friend,
Mec said $100 for conversion to 16 guage.
That,s as far as I went with it.

Have fun with the project,
I enjoy shooting my reloads.

e.money83
September 23rd, 2016, 02:31 PM
Also wound up with a bunch of brass I'm in the process of running through the shaker. Got a handful of 30-30 and 270 brass in the mix if anyone needs it.