PDA

View Full Version : Chatter after Hermine

crackerjack
September 5th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Haven't heard much from folks. That goes for local radio as well. I realize lots of people are doing well, but for some of us that are now living off the grid, it has presented a recall to a simpler time.... Sort of.

Figure I'd start a picture-story thread. I am just off Miccosukee, outside Cap Cricle. Had some smashed poles and been without since Thursday night at about 12:30. Biggest thing I miss is doing laundry. Might head to a laundry today.

ice was the hardest thing to find for 2 days. Stupidly neglected to freeze some containers before the storm. Chalk that up to lack of practice.

notice this sign must have got rocked and twisted so much it split in two places and this is not the spot it originated from!

by the way, Miccosukee is now open from I-10
to Cap Circle. They opened it up late Sunday night.

polebarn
September 5th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Biggest thing you missed was doing laundry?

0utlaw
September 5th, 2016, 10:00 AM
I worked up to and till about 20 hours after it passed. When I got home SHTW had the bathtubs filled with 5 gallon buckets of water for flushing and washing. She had packed every spare inch of space in the fridges with water the help maintain the cold had filled the freezer with ziplocks full of water to freeze also. She had candles and flashlights laid out in all the rooms. Watered up all the animals, emptied all the rain barrels into buckets so they could refill.....and had me supper cooked when I got home.

I have one badassed wife :yup:

FLT
September 5th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Yes Sir, I think that ones a keeper.

Fishtale
September 5th, 2016, 11:34 AM
I would say she is a "smart lady" and definitely a keeper.