PDA

View Full Version : Fdle background Check

Johnny
September 4th, 2016, 03:46 PM
Alright fellows this one has me thinking bullshit.Is Wal Mart the only place that sells guns that tax your 5.oo fdle check?Never seen this before.

12bhunting
September 4th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Alright fellows this one has me thinking bullshit.Is Wal Mart the only place that sells guns that tax your 5.oo fdle check?Never seen this before.

It's been that way as long as I can remember.

Cattle/Horses
September 4th, 2016, 04:04 PM
What have you done bought Johnny?

Danman
September 4th, 2016, 04:23 PM
Always been this way, FDLE charges the FFL dealer a $5 dollar fee per background check.

substratum
September 4th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Always been this way, FDLE charges the FFL dealer a $5 dollar fee per background check.

I think the question is, "Do dealers have to collect state sales and use tax on the $5 FDLE fee?"

I have to admit that I have not payed close enough attention to notice if I paid the extra .38, or not, LOL! Last OTC firearm I purchased was at DSH.

Johnny
September 4th, 2016, 05:06 PM
None of the regular gun dealers it this area collects tax on the FDLE fee.Seems as this is tax on tax not that the .38 will break me but if they are using this a profit it needs to stop.Check any of the regular dealers and you will see what I am talking about.Fat cats getting fatter?

polebarn
September 4th, 2016, 05:31 PM
What burns my butt is that merchants can legally charge more than the state minimum sales tax if they choose and pocket the difference.

mapper
September 4th, 2016, 05:45 PM
So is there tax on a hunting or fishing license or duck or management stamp?
Same argument as tax on a background check.

jonastio
September 4th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Just pulled out my fishing license. No tax, besides the tax on fun.

Dale Gribble
September 4th, 2016, 06:55 PM
What burns my butt is that merchants can legally charge more than the state minimum sales tax if they choose and pocket the difference.

Really? We might have to try that if TS ever shops with us again.

Just kidding.

FLT
September 4th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Any of you that use propane , look at your bill they collect a 10% percent use tax on top of what ever they feel like charging you at the moment. They are an unregulated industry . They say they are self regulated and they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on lobbyist to keep it that way. :rolleyes:

mapper
September 4th, 2016, 08:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKBRtdp2e98