PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July

crawdaddy34
June 23rd, 2013, 04:55 PM
The wife and I are thinking about hosting a get together on the 4th. Pool, beer, cookout, throwin some shoes....

Any interest???

Masharubu
June 23rd, 2013, 07:58 PM
Is this going to be kid friendly? You are in Sopchoppy right?

Rumbler
June 23rd, 2013, 09:29 PM
dang. I'd love to meet you Crawdaddy. But That will be a crazy busy day on the range and even if it isn't we will still be there until probably 9 or 10 PM buildin stuff needin building.

THANK YOU, though! :) :) :) :)

0utlaw
June 23rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
I'm in Wakulla and happen to be off that week

Tack Driver
June 24th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Sounds like a good time. I'd most likely be in.

crawdaddy34
June 24th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Yes, it's a kid friendly event. I have two boys, 8 and 12. There's a fort, a BMX Track, a pool.... all sorts of stuff to keep little ones entertained.

And yeah, i'm in sopchoppy.

Still working out plans but later this week if I get a head count i'll probabbly ask ya'll to bring a side, some plates/cups.... something along those lines. Not even sure yet if we are grilling (burgers? hotdogs?) or smoking something.

Will also be BYOB.

And I am right down the street from OC..... just sayin ;D

Jmoorewar
June 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM
It sucks the 4th is on Thursday.i can't make plans that far in advance with my job

crawdaddy34
June 24th, 2013, 02:47 PM
That's cool man. As it gets closer if you think you can make it just let me know. The more the merrier!

No homo...

Jennisfan
June 24th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Man the "no homo" makes me laugh every time.

Masharubu
June 24th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Yes, it's a kid friendly event. I have two boys, 8 and 12. There's a fort, a BMX Track, a pool.... all sorts of stuff to keep little ones entertained.

And yeah, i'm in sopchoppy.

Still working out plans but later this week if I get a head count i'll probabbly ask ya'll to bring a side, some plates/cups.... something along those lines. Not even sure yet if we are grilling (burgers? hotdogs?) or smoking something.

Will also be BYOB.

And I am right down the street from OC..... just sayin ;D

Thanks. I would say it is very likely we (wife, 3 kids, and myself) could make it for a few hours. Please advise.

crawdaddy34
June 24th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Sounds good to me brother. We were thinkin something like 12-6... Gives folks who want to go catch a fireworks display time to get where they want to go...

Masharubu
June 24th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Sounds good to me brother. We were thinkin something like 12-6... Gives folks who want to go catch a fireworks display time to get where they want to go...

Sounds good. Please let me know if it ends up a go, and what supplies you may need.

jonastio
June 24th, 2013, 07:14 PM
I should at the very least be able to make a showing.

crawdaddy34
June 24th, 2013, 08:27 PM
I should at the very least be able to make a showing.

So kind of you to grace us with your presence sir! ;D

crawdaddy34
June 24th, 2013, 08:36 PM
dang. I'd love to meet you Crawdaddy. But That will be a crazy busy day on the range and even if it isn't we will still be there until probably 9 or 10 PM buildin stuff needin building.

THANK YOU, though! :) :) :) :)

Hopefully this wont be the only time folks try and get together here. We will meet up sooner or later im sure.

crawdaddy34
June 24th, 2013, 08:39 PM

Sounds good. Please let me know if it ends up a go, and what supplies you may need.

Sounds like it's gonna be a go. Even if its just us and a Jonas drive by!

Mrs. Crawdad and I will put together a list of suggested items and post closer to the end of the week if it looks like more than a couple folks. Otherwise I'll get up with the confirmed attendees and let ya know what's up and what to bring.

crawdaddy34
June 26th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Ok. Here is the latest and greatest....

12 - 6ish on July 4th we are supplying hamburgers and hotdogs all necessary toppings/condiments (condIMENTS, jafar) to all that care to make an appearance.

There will also be several coolers of ice, If you want beer in said coolers, bring it. (don't worry about being the only one drinking, you wont be ;D)

I would like to get a head count by friday night so I can pick up stuff this weekend.

The list of needed items is largely dependant on how many attend but here is what we are thinking we will need folks to bring out.

Chips

Deserts (cupcakes, cookies, etc...,) - snack type shit for the youngins

Watermelon or two (if at least two get confirmed, AND there is interest, I may supply a small bottle of rum for the "adult" watermelon)

Tea (sweet prefered here, if you want unsweet bring it)

Juice boxes, little hugs, something along those lines (again for the youngins)

Tack Driver
June 26th, 2013, 06:49 PM
(don't worry about being the only one drinking)

People actually worry about that? ???

I would like to get a head count by friday night so I can pick up stuff this weekend.

I'm in with a plus 1.5 (girlfriend and her 5 year old daughter)

Chips

On it. Just tell me how many.

crawdaddy34
June 26th, 2013, 06:54 PM
(don't worry about being the only one drinking)

People actually worry about that? ???

I'm in with a plus 1.5 (girlfriend and her 5 year old daughter)

Chips

On it. Just tell me how many.

keep an eye on this and use your judgement.... what we need is dependant on how many we have.

crawdaddy34
June 26th, 2013, 06:59 PM
forgot to mention entertainment....

The pool is ~4 feet deep, 24' round. Bring a suit. (jafar has to wear a depends) If ya got younger kids floats are prefered. (jafar has to wear a depends)

Horseshoes - i'm no good but ill play.

There may well be a cage match involving Mrs. Crawdad if jafar or tack try that mullet in the pool shit I heard about....

just sayin

Masharubu
June 26th, 2013, 08:21 PM
The Masharubu family is in (two adults and three children; 15, 7, and 1). We will be happy to bring kid's juice pouches/boxes and two watermelons. We will keep an eye on the turnout commitments for the number of juices necessary. If anything else is needed, please let me know. Also, please PM me with your address/directions.

P.S. - Jayfar needs to bring his own damn Depends or he can wear one of my youngest's Little Swimmer diapers (size small). ;D

crawdaddy34
June 26th, 2013, 08:36 PM
P.S. - Jayfar needs to bring his own damn Depends or he can wear one of my youngest's Little Swimmer diapers (size small). ;D

From what I hear that should fit him fine...

crawdaddy34
June 26th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Also, please PM me with your address/directions.

I knew I was forgetting something!!!! Damn it!

I assume everyone knows how to get to Sopchoppy???

Masharubu
June 26th, 2013, 08:47 PM

Sopchoppy via 98 or the forest, I'm good. But I need to know what shack is yours. :)

crawdaddy34
June 26th, 2013, 08:53 PM

Sopchoppy via 98 or the forest, I'm good. But I need to know what shack is yours. :)

I'll send you the address and my number.

I am also going to put a couple signs out... it should be easy enough to figure out ;D

Tack Driver
June 26th, 2013, 11:43 PM
There may well be a cage match involving Mrs. Crawdad if jafar or tack try that mullet in the pool shit I heard about....

http://youtu.be/yxE_oQBwrdU

crawdaddy34
June 27th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Hey Jonas....

;D

jonastio
June 28th, 2013, 01:10 AM
No homo.

Masharubu
July 1st, 2013, 07:38 PM
FYI. We picked up a case each of juice pouches and jugs. That should be enough for 8-10 kids. Additionally, we grabbed a package of sparklers (30 count) for the kids. If necessary, the kids could use the byproduct of all the juices to put out the sparklers if necessary. :D Two watermelons will be picked up later this week.

crawdaddy34
July 1st, 2013, 07:41 PM
FYI. We picked up a case each of juice pouches and jugs. That should be enough for 8-10 kids. Additionally, we grabbed a package of sparklers (30 count) for the kids. If necessary, the kids could use the byproduct of all the juices to put out the sparklers if necessary. :D Two watermelons will be picked up later this week.

That's funny shit!

See ya'll Thursday. Lookin' forward to it!

Tack Driver
July 1st, 2013, 08:36 PM

Your count is off. The premise of your theory is that kids drink their whole drink. I am learning, led by the nose by my GFs 5 year old, that kids drink 3 sips out of a drink, set it down in the strangest place they can find, loose all interest in that mother fucker, and get another fresh one 4.5 minutes later.

crawdaddy34
July 1st, 2013, 08:46 PM

Your count is off. The premise of your theory is that kids drink their whole drink. I am learning, led by the nose by my GFs 5 year old, that kids drink 3 sips out of a drink, set it down in the strangest place they can find, loose all interest in that mother fucker, and get another fresh one 4.5 minutes later.

Accounted for.

I have a worksite cooler that will be full of ice water.

;D

Masharubu
July 1st, 2013, 08:49 PM

LOL. Yea, I got one like that and two others who inhale their drink in 0.5 second and immediately wine to have another. If making them wasn't so much fun... :-*

crawdaddy34
July 2nd, 2013, 06:30 PM
Weather channel is calling a 100% chance of heavy thunderstorms for thursday.

Now I ain't skeered, but what about the rest of you? ;D

What would be the prefered alternate day? Friday or Saturday?

Or is everyone still cool with the 4th, come hell or high water?

Masharubu
July 2nd, 2013, 06:36 PM
Weather channel is calling a 100% chance of heavy thunderstorms for thursday.

Now I ain't skeered, but what about the rest of you? ;D

What would be the prefered alternate day? Friday or Saturday?

Or is everyone still cool with the 4th, come hell or high water?

If there is somewhere safe for us out of the weather, we are still good with Thursday the 4th. However, if not or the others prefer otherwise, we request Saturday the 6th (my wife has to work Friday the 5th).

Jmoorewar
July 2nd, 2013, 10:08 PM
Tack Driver
[/quote]could not have been worded any better.do u know how many fucking capri sons almost full I find all over my house?shower,by the shitter,under beds(those things are pretty spill proof)we buy them by the case and the 5 year old might drink one whole one for every 7 she opens.

Jmoorewar
July 2nd, 2013, 10:14 PM
And If u end up doing on the 6th I may be able to make it.i hope it don't rain on the 4th for everybody's sake.i have to work 6 in morn til 5 and I work outside.i hate those days

crawdaddy34
July 3rd, 2013, 08:58 AM
We have a pole barn, a covered porch, and a pop up shelter, and the house. So there should be enough room for folks to stay more or less dry. Since no one else seams to have an oppinion (surprised, I heard that Tack had an oppinion on EVERYTHING ;D) I guess we are a go for tommorow.

Tack Driver
July 3rd, 2013, 10:34 AM
We have a pole barn, a covered porch, and a pop up shelter, and the house. So there should be enough room for folks to stay more or less dry. Since no one else seams to have an oppinion (surprised, I heard that Tack had an oppinion on EVERYTHING ;D) I guess we are a go for tommorow.

I was going with the flow. I don't give two shits about the rain.

bumblebee
July 3rd, 2013, 11:23 AM
Tomorrow is fine with us. Pole barn or porch is cool...don't know if I want to be under a pop up during a thunderstorm, been there, done that

crawdaddy34
July 3rd, 2013, 01:47 PM
My baby momma said to tell yall to bring camp chairs if ya got some....

bumblebee
July 4th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Thanks Crawdaddy for a great time! Awesome food and company. It was especially exciting when the pop-up tried to go for a swim in the pool

0utlaw
July 4th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Sorry I couldn't stay and hang, looked like a good time. Hope you enjoyed my wifes oatmeal cookies wish I would have held a few of those back :P

Masharubu
July 4th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Mudbug and junior mudbugs, Tack and crew, bumblebee and clan, and 0317 for a great Independence Day celebration. We had a great time and definitely need to have more get-togethers.

Jmoorewar
July 4th, 2013, 11:49 PM
I'm glad it went good guys.happy 4th and I wish I could have been there.workin a 11 hour day today sucked ass in this crap weather.

jonastio
July 5th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Sorry I couldn't come out. Nobody wanted me taking this illness to the party.

Tack Driver
July 5th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Man, what a great time.

What a great group of people.

What a shitty drive home. ;D

Thank you crawfishforebearer34 and family for a wonderful Independence Day.

Masharubu
July 5th, 2013, 08:34 AM
So Mudbug, tell-all. Did the wife smack the hell out of you for attempting to break her flat-screen TV? Or is she mad at Tack for that little belly slap causing you to tumble into it? ;D

crawdaddy34
July 5th, 2013, 12:15 PM
We had a great time. Thanks all for coming out and braving the weather. Lookin forward to the next one.

Nah, she's not mad.... used to me doin dumb shit. ;D

Tack Driver
July 5th, 2013, 12:34 PM
So Mudbug, tell-all. Did the wife smack the hell out of you for attempting to break her flat-screen TV? Or is she mad at Tack for that little belly slap causing you to tumble into it? ;D

Wait........what happened?

crawdaddy34
July 5th, 2013, 12:57 PM

When you came back in just before ya'll left.... That "little belly slap" (no homo guys) and to much bud light sent me backwards into the flat screen.... ;D

Tack Driver
July 5th, 2013, 01:17 PM

When you came back in just before ya'll left.... That "little belly slap" (no homo guys) and to much bud light sent me backwards into the flat screen.... ;D

Oh, I see. I was drunk strong too, so....................

Masharubu
July 5th, 2013, 01:26 PM

Oh, I see. I was drunk strong too, so....................

LOL. You should have looked back as you walked out the door; I thought Mrs. Mudbug was going to pop his head off and suck out his brains as he was muttering something like "it's ok baby, I didn't break your TV" as the whole thing was leaning at a 30 degree angle against the wall with him sitting on the glass...

What a shitty drive home. ;D

What was the matter on the drive home? Heck, you were the only guy to leave the party with a legal brunette and blonde. :o 8)

crawdaddy34
July 5th, 2013, 02:11 PM
LOL. You should have looked back as you walked out the door; I thought Mrs. Mudbug was going to pop his head off and suck out his brains as he was muttering something like "it's ok baby, I didn't break your TV" as the whole thing was leaning at a 30 degree angle against the wall with him sitting on the glass...

Yeah, about that..... not my proudest moment of the day for sure....

;D

Tack Driver
July 5th, 2013, 02:26 PM
What was the matter on the drive home? Heck, you were the only guy to leave the party with a legal brunette and blonde. :o 8)

It certainly wasn't the company that was the problem. ;)

It just took forever and was raining. We did stop and see some fireworks though.

bumblebee
July 5th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Looks like we left before the excitement!

Masharubu
July 5th, 2013, 07:21 PM

Nah, no more exciting than the tent trying to take a swim.

Tack Driver
July 5th, 2013, 09:35 PM

Or the noodle shooter.

crawdaddy34
July 5th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Pussy

Masharubu
July 5th, 2013, 11:22 PM

Or the noodle shooter.

Pussy

Who's the man? Oh yea, that's right, ME! 8) But it would have been a lot better if it hadn't been that watered-down formerly American beer. ;) Ahh, the subtle flavors of vodka, cheap beer, and chlorinated pool water (I just don't want to think what the kids may have done in the pool... :o).

bumblebee
July 6th, 2013, 07:31 AM
And don't forget those raisin cookies!