PDA

View Full Version : OK... I have decided...

Airgator0470
April 13th, 2016, 05:03 PM
I LOVE MY FAMILY... so... I ordered 3000 .45ACP 230gr HARD PLATED bullets from Rocky Mountain Reloading... I will be busy for a short while, but my family is worth it.

Johnny
April 13th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Airgator do you like these bullets better than the Bayou Bullets?

Dale Gribble
April 13th, 2016, 05:38 PM
I have not heard any feed back on the Frontier bullets we bought a while back, mine however seem exactly like the xtreme I had been using.

Airgator0470
April 13th, 2016, 05:46 PM

I've never tried Bayou so I can't say. My pistol bullet needs are simple and few as I don't compete.

Johnny
April 13th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Airgator at my age i'm just lucky to be able to still compeat at the bowling pins.I am not looking forward to the time I will no longer be able to go out to the range and shoot.

Mad Man
April 13th, 2016, 09:29 PM

I really like bayou bullets I shoot them in everything from 9mm to .44 magnum and they have worked great for me so far. For the money you can't beat them.

wheelman
April 14th, 2016, 08:46 AM
I have found the frontier bullets to be less than adequate, especially when it comes to rifle bullets.

Regarding Bayou, my experiences have been good.

My 2 cents.

AB
April 14th, 2016, 10:47 AM
I've said before, Bayou Bullets and I had bad luck together. Dale, I loaded up a few of the Frontier and then realized they are longer than the bullets I'm currently using, meaning they are seated really deep. I have those potential gun grenades segregated until I can pull them. It's the middle of the competition season, so I don't want to fiddle with my OAL set until my big matches are done until Fall.

Frady
April 14th, 2016, 11:00 AM
I've said before, Bayou Bullets and I had bad luck together. Dale, I loaded up a few of the Frontier and then realized they are longer than the bullets I'm currently using, meaning they are seated really deep. I have those potential gun grenades segregated until I can pull them. It's the middle of the competition season, so I don't want to fiddle with my OAL set until my big matches are done until Fall.
What brand did you finally settle on?

Johnny
April 14th, 2016, 04:36 PM
I have nothing but good things to say about the bayou bullets after using several thousand of them

AB
April 15th, 2016, 07:55 AM
What brand did you finally settle on?

Xtreme's heavy plated. It's the cheapest bullet I've found so far that meets all my requirements of lead exposure, accuracy, and consistency.

AB
April 15th, 2016, 07:56 AM
I have nothing but good things to say about the bayou bullets after using several thousand of them

You and a bazillion other people! I seem to be one of few that couldn't make them work, but there are others of us out there.

Johnny
April 15th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Yes AB,i agree that some times this happens .I can not get the Nosler solid copper bullet to shoot better than 3" in my rifles,rifle will shoot 1/2" with hornaday,Barnes tts.So yes I agree.