PDA

View Full Version : Multi Platform Low Light and Vehicle Ops 6/3 & 6/4

NJC
April 4th, 2016, 09:41 AM
This class has been canceled. Attendance was not what was needed to make this work.
We will look at rescheduling in the fall / winter.
For those who signed up, thanks and please watch this space.

Multiple Platform Low Light and Vehicle Ops Two day course
Where: Signal-0 Productions, Aucilla Florida

When : Friday June 3rd 2pm – 6pm and 8pm – midnight
Saurday June 4th 2pm – 6pm and 8pm – midnight.

Instructor : NJC and AirGator for Signal-0
Cost : $150.00 per person. (Cash, Money Order , Personal check payable at beginning of class)
Class size: 8 (max due to content)

Pre-requisites : Due to the nature of this class, it is not for novice shooters. Proof of completion of a Basic Pistol class or similar from a recognized (by me) school. Military or Law Enforcement training will substitute . Student pre-requisites will be evaluated on a case by case basis.

Equipment :
Handgun with a minimum of three(3) magazines.
700 - 800 rounds of factory ammunition (depending on the pace of the class)
Holster and belt. (No shoulder holsters or crossdraws please)
Rifle with a minimum of three(3) magazines.
700 – 800 rounds of factory ammunition (depending on the pace of the class)
Sling for the rifle
Hand held and / or weapon mounted flashlight for both weapons. (Both preferred)
Batteries for your flashlight(s)
Typical range equipment (eye pro, ear pro, baseball cap, water , snacks, cleaning kit etc)
Pen and paper.

This is a combination of three (3) Signal-0 courses. The two days will break out as follows:
Day 1 – Session 1 (2p-6p) Vehicle Operations Part 1 of 2 – Pistol
Session 2 (8p – 12a) Low Light Pistol

Day 2 – Session 1 (2p – 6p) Vehicle Operations Part 2 of 2 – Rifle
Session 2 (8p – 12a) Low Light Rifle
Each session will begin in the classroom and transition to the range once concepts and techniques have been discussed.
All blocks must be attended.

Dinner break will be between sessions. This will give instructors time to reset for the next block. Students should bring dinner, drinks (Gatorade etc) and use this time to clean, reload and refit.
Please understand round count is an estimate based on previous classes and instructor goals for the course. Individual shooters may shoot more or less.

Vehicles used : As of posting, Students will be using their OWN VEHICLE for Session 1 of each day. Proof of ownership (registration) and insurance will be required to be presented on the day of class. NO RENTAL OR BORROWED VEHICLES WILL BE PERMITTED. If you are not comfortable shooting from and around a vehicle, this is NOT the class for you.

Due to the combination of classes, there will be some duplication of material where there is an intersect, once ALL students are comfortable with the concept being presented, we will push forward.

What can you expect to learn and practice:
Vehicle Ops:
You will learn to shoot out from and around a vehicle. Handling and navigating weapons around the inside of a vehicle. Different placement, storage and deployment of weapons in and from vehicles. Concepts of cover and concealment in and around vehicles. Shooting over, around and under vehicles while minimizing exposure and maximizing cover and concealment. These techniques will be practiced with both pistol and rifle. Pistol will be 25yds and in, Rifle will be at 50yds or greater

Low Light:
This class will introduce students to concepts and equipment related to shooting a handgun in a low light / no light setting. This class assumes a basic level of ability has already been achieved by the student.
We will discuss flashlights, both hand held and weapon mounted.
We will discuss and demonstrate capability (beam types) and functionality (how they work) and what may best suit your situation.
We will discuss batteries, mounting flashlights on pistols, cleaning, maintenance and function testing.

On the range we will shoot both group and individual drills that will let the student see the impact of flashlights and flashlight techniques on weapon manipulation and marksmanship. This will involve some static known distance drills on paper along with some drills incorporating movement, use of cover and shooting steel at unknown distances . These techniques will be practiced with both pistol and rifle. Pistol will be 25yds and in, Rifle will be at 50yds or greater

NOTE: Students need to bring any and all tools, specific to or necessary for, field-level repairs to their firearm, mounts, optics, sights, stocks, holsters, or any other item(s) deemed critical for training.

We are NOT responsible for a situation where an equipment or ammunition failure prevents a student from participating. We will make every reasonable effort to get you back up and running including loaning you a firearm, magazine, etc., subject to availability.

Dale Gribble
April 4th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Sounds quite cool.

NJC
April 4th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Sounds like work ;-)

Jafar
April 4th, 2016, 12:39 PM
In. Let's fucking do this.

NJC
April 4th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Anyone who want s to claim a spot for this class please PM me your name and a good email address.

thanks

AB
April 4th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Between this class and the women/kids class AG is putting on, sounds like a busy weekend at the farm!

simmoag
April 4th, 2016, 02:55 PM
In!

Jafar
April 4th, 2016, 03:09 PM
In!

Battle buddies engage!

FLT
April 4th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Of course it's not being done for fun . But it sure sounds as if would be a good time as well a chance to learn something useful.

NJC
April 4th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Two down.
Six to go.

Get some !!!
Oh wait that was last year.

Get more !!!
#beardedwonders

0utlaw
April 4th, 2016, 04:00 PM
I visited a certain forum members gun shop this weekend and and left suffering from folical inferiority, the beards were strong there.

JMW4570
April 4th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Battle buddies engage!

I'm sorry, that just sounds a little gay...

Jafar
April 4th, 2016, 04:26 PM
I'm sorry, that just sounds a little gay...

Just wait until we tac reload. Our respective magazines are in the other buddy's pocket.

:goodjob:

Jafar
April 4th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Not to divert this thread, but if anyone needs rifle lights for this course, please let me know. I have two nice lights for sale that will be going for way below retail price. Please PM if interested.

NJC
April 8th, 2016, 07:00 PM
Three spots taken.

This is going to be a great class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gatorvet
April 8th, 2016, 08:43 PM
I hope this gets moved to a different weekend... I have a prior commitment that I cannot break
:(

NJC
April 8th, 2016, 08:50 PM
Sorry you are going to miss it. I know it is right up your alley.

Jafar
April 16th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Got my big rig up and ready to go.

e.money83
April 16th, 2016, 04:06 PM
oohhh, thats niiiiiccceee.....

no homo...

simmoag
April 17th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Can this be our advanced course?

http://youtu.be/i4MhKShZ0SU

0utlaw
April 17th, 2016, 07:18 PM
That'll fuck up your safe space

FLT
April 17th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Damn ! TS is a trainer now.

NJC
April 17th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Original post edited.

Class has been canceled.

Frady
April 17th, 2016, 10:43 PM
Damn, I hate to see this! Unfortunately for me it's extremely difficult to participate in a lot of these with two toddlers at home. This is incredible training and I'm shocked that you're not filling up quickly.

How many were you short? Would one more have made the difference?

HarleyBrent
April 17th, 2016, 10:51 PM
I hope this gets rescheduled as I wasn't going to make it originally.

Airgator0470
April 17th, 2016, 11:44 PM
Damn, I hate to see this! Unfortunately for me it's extremely difficult to participate in a lot of these with two toddlers at home. This is incredible training and I'm shocked that you're not filling up quickly.

How many were you short? Would one more have made the difference?

No... I think only three people signed up.

Airgator0470
April 17th, 2016, 11:44 PM
I hope this gets rescheduled as I wasn't going to make it originally.

Maybe September/October...

Tack Driver
April 18th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Cancelled because 3 of 8 have signed up after two weeks with a month and a half to go for a class that requires everybody to get time off?

This sounds like some NJC pissyness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

NJC
April 18th, 2016, 01:52 PM
Are you signed up? Because if You are I missed that email.

Tack Driver
April 18th, 2016, 02:08 PM
Just saw that the class was even offered today. Two weeks on a gun forum does not an advanced class make.

NJC
April 18th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Excuses.

Tack Driver
April 18th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Excuses.

Yeah, because I'm that guy.

<----Taken more local classes than you and any two people that would be seen with you in public combined have unless you count your Painting With A Twist participation.

NJC
April 18th, 2016, 02:20 PM
Mmmm I'm weak at the knees. The painting bit was cute though.

Quit your whining and move on.

Airgator0470
April 18th, 2016, 02:41 PM
I can't speak for NJC as to what kind of interest was expressed PRIOR to scheduling the class... but it was my impression there was enough INITIAL INTEREST to make it a go. It appears that once the class was posted, only a few actually confirmed. No doubt LOTS of members on the site, active and not so active are fully aware the class is posted.

Please keep in mind I was looking and willing to fork out a few hundred bucks for a junk car or two to make the class safer in regards to people using their own vehicle and risk damage... I actually found a running car and a non-running car at a reasonable price... I only have alternate weekends off so while you are correct, the date is still a ways off, I don't have that much time to prepare... my next weekend off, the date for NJC's pistol class, would have been the time I had to drag the cars up there... so for me, it was down to about a week for go/no-go... I hope you understand.

It just appeared after a couple weeks the interest was not what initially thought... so no harm in cancelling it... it's not a big deal, no feelings are hurt, if interest gets regenerated we can still hold the class... I think it would have been fun...

NJC
April 18th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Airgator

There is not hurt feelings except from someone who hasn't even signed up.

All we asked was for 6 or 8 people to say yes. After two weeks we were at 3.
That was the extent of the commitment needed.

Time to organize class vehicles and develop the curriculum (we write our own) was running short and a decision had to be made.

Airgator and I will be out there that weekend for the free women's class.
Which is FREE and on a Weekend and still only has 5 people signed up.

Airgator0470
April 18th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Airgator

All we asked was for 6 or 8 people to say yes. After two weeks we were at 3.
That was the extent of the commitment needed.

Time to organize class vehicles and develop the curriculum (we write our own) was running short and a decision had to be made.

Airgator and I will be out there that weekend for the free women's class.
Which is FREE and on a Weekend and still only has 5 people signed up.

Regular rifle and pistol classes don't require much and I usually pull the plug a week out... I think I've only had to cancel two or three classes over the years... but this class was different, it was going to require more time and effort to pull off.

0utlaw
April 18th, 2016, 03:23 PM
I know some people :rolleyes: were trying to gather all the stuffs they needed to participate before committing to the class because they hate being "that guy"

12bhunting
April 18th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Damn if y'all ain't crawfishin like a mofo. From the viewpoint of someone who does not give a rat's ass, y'all ran out of time getting your shit together and pulled the plug early. Hey it happens. .....

FLT
April 18th, 2016, 03:44 PM
AG , a couple of women that work with wife would like to attend the class how do they go about signing up?

Airgator0470
April 18th, 2016, 05:03 PM
AG , a couple of women that work with wife would like to attend the class how do they go about signing up?

Just have them send me an e-mail Bob@Signal-0.com and I'll be glad to add them.

Airgator0470
April 18th, 2016, 05:08 PM
Damn if y'all ain't crawfishin like a mofo. From the viewpoint of someone who does not give a rat's ass, y'all ran out of time getting your shit together and pulled the plug early. Hey it happens. .....

Not sure what you mean... reference the crawfishing and running out of time...? All I know is NJC has three folks signed up with little to no additional "let me get back with you" or strong maybes, so given the work required it appeared pushing forward would have been for not. If there were folks on the sidelines asking for time things would have pushed on.

I really don't see what the issue is... nothing in NJC's advisement about the class being cancelled had any negative tone... seems things are being spun into something it's not...

e.money83
April 18th, 2016, 05:11 PM
seems things are being spun into something it's not...

NJC
April 18th, 2016, 05:49 PM

That's close but not quite there. We came to a point where in my opinion the interest in the class at that point in time, did not justify the time effort and financial output required to produce a polished professional curriculum. Understand that AG runs his school on the honor system. No deposits are required or payment of any type until you show up. Frequently in my experience class rosters change up untill the day of the class which is fine because he usually has a standby list as we do for this weekend's class. I recommended to AG that we cancel the class. I am hoping maybe if we post a date in the fall. It will be more interesting to folks.

Funnily enough the two of the three folks who have signed up that I have spoken to about this while a little disappointed are completely fine with it.

Frady
April 18th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Let's be clear, I think we all appreciate you guys putting this on.

Myself, I really want to shoot every class put on but it's just a little difficult to commit at this particular time due to family and project constraints (e.g. tough to ditch the wife with kids to go have fun).

I know, more excuses, but it's reality.

Again, thanks for putting these up, even if it didn't work out.

Airgator0470
April 18th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Let's be clear, I think we all appreciate you guys putting this on.

Myself, I really want to shoot every class put on but it's just a little difficult to commit at this particular time due to family and project constraints (e.g. tough to ditch the wife with kids to go have fun).

I know, more excuses, but it's reality.

Again, thanks for putting these up, even if it didn't work out.

I, we, know... I'm sure we can reschedule this later when a few more folks hear about it and NJC gets feedback... in the mean time, we can still slowly work towards getting support items together w/o a dead line.

waukeenahbob
April 18th, 2016, 07:12 PM
I would also say that the class sounded freakin awesome...unfortunately it was just something I couldn't pull together for that date...

I would absolutely encourage you guys to offer it again...

I walked around mumbling for 3 days trying to figure out how to make it all work out...
probably had a few folks worried but that's good for them :)

Tack Driver
April 18th, 2016, 07:20 PM

Or someone that didn't know this class existed until it was canceled. That perspective thing is a bitch sometimes.

Look, ladies, calm down. The class sounded like the best way I could platonically spend 2 days. It's a shame it got canceled.

NJC
April 18th, 2016, 08:52 PM
Or someone that didn't know this class existed until it was canceled. That perspective thing is a bitch sometimes.

Look, ladies, calm down. The class sounded like the best way I could platonically spend 2 days. It's a shame it got canceled.

It was here posted for two weeks.

Three people committed.

You were not one of them.

No one had a problem until you posted your usual shenanigans.

You didnt know about it because you were elsewhere. I'm fine with that , you should try to be too.

When are you leaving again so we know when to post the fall schedule with the
Low light helicopter full auto fast rope shooting class.

Dirty Sanchez
April 18th, 2016, 09:02 PM
You all are coming to the dark side, excellent...7036

Tack Driver
April 18th, 2016, 09:16 PM
No one had a problem until you posted your usual shenanigans.

You're confusing correlation with causation. The cancellation and my comments on it are very close together in bulletin board time. I don't think there is a "problem", but how you can tell whether people had a problem until one or the other borderlines on clairvoyance and unfettered bullshit. I'd stake claim on the latter.

2 weeks is nothing for MOST of the membership to be away from the forum doing their responsible adult shit. I've never subscribed to that rigorous schedule, but that's what I hear at least.

Also, I object to "your usual shenanigans". I rotate my shenanigans regularly. I don't have usual ones. So...I invalidate your mandate.

Airgator0470
April 18th, 2016, 09:21 PM
Ok... I think we've gone full circle... time to wrap this thing up. We will continue to work on getting a lesson plan together and some cars... TO BE CONTINUED....

Tack Driver
April 18th, 2016, 09:27 PM
Before anybody inquires about this locked thread, CCGF administration/moderators as a policy don't lock threads. However, we respect the wishes of individual vendors if they choose to do so in their own subforums. Save us the texts and PMs.