PDA

View Full Version : Signal-0 Low Light Pistol - April 8th 2016

NJC
March 26th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Flashlights – A discussion and practical application of flashlights in low light shooting environments.

Instructor: NJC for Signal-0 Productions.
Date : Friday April 8th 2016 from 7:00pm to 11:00pm
Cost : $65.00 per person. (Cash, Money Order , Personal check payable at beginning of class)
Class size: 8 (max due to content)

Pre-requisites : Due to the nature of this class, it is not for novice shooters, but this is a introduction level class. Proof of completion of a Basic Pistol class or similar from a recognized (by me) school. Military or Law Enforcement training will substitute . Student pre-requisites will be evaluated on a case by case basis.

Equipment :
Handgun with a minimum of three(3) magazines.
300 – 400 rounds of factory ammunition (depending on the pace of the class)
Holster and belt. (No shoulder holsters or crossdraws please)
Hand held and / or weapon mounted flashlight. (Both preferred)
Batteries for your flashlight(s)
Typical range equipment (eye pro, ear pro, baseball cap, water , snacks, cleaning kit etc)
Pen and paper.

This class will introduce students to concepts and equipment related to shooting a handgun in a low light / no light setting. This class assumes a basic level of ability has already been achieved by the student.
We will discuss flashlights, both hand held and weapon mounted.
We will discuss and demonstrate capability (beam types) and functionality (how they work) and what may best suit your situation.
We will discuss batteries, mounting flashlights on pistols, cleaning, maintenance and function testing.

On the range we will shoot both group and individual drills that will let the student see the impact of flashlights and flashlight techniques on weapon manipulation and marksmanship. This will involve some static known distance drills on paper along with some drills incorporating movement, use of cover and shooting steel at unknown distances (approximately 25yds and in)

Students will leave with class with a higher level of confidence and comfort in their ability to shoot and run a pistol and a flashlight in low light / no light environments. As with all skills, once the basic knowledge and understanding is acquired, students are encouraged to practice frequently to keep these skills current. Simply put this class is the start of that journey, not the end.

NOTE: Students need to bring any and all tools, specific to or necessary for, field-level repairs to their firearm, mounts, optics, sights, stocks, holsters, or any other item(s) deemed critical for training.

We are NOT responsible for a situation where an equipment or ammunition failure prevents a student from participating. We will make every reasonable effort to get you back up and running including loaning you a firearm, magazine, etc., subject to availability

NOTE ************

Due to the short notice of this class, I will need a minimum of 6 people, confirmed (100% positive, ready to go barring emergencies) By NEXT FRIDAY APRIL 1st 2016.

PM me on the board if you want a spot in this class. If I have questions about previous training I will contact you directly.

Please provide me Full Name ( For your certificate) and an Email address I can communicate with you at.

Thanks for the Interest. You asked, here it is.:salute:

Jafar
March 26th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Fruck, I thought this would be further away. Wife's best friend is getting married and daughters bday in the same weekend. Out for me on this wknd.

NJC
March 26th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Original request was an immediate need with time constraints. So I picked the date with him in mind.

Lonesurvivor23
March 26th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Gotta check my work schedule tomorrow and will let you know. One thing though if I need a gun mounted light for the course then wouldn't the determination of what best fits my situation kinda be mute?

NJC
March 26th, 2016, 06:55 PM
True except that's not what the course description said.

Hand held or weapon mounted light.
If you want to come with a hand held light, and then make the decision after the class that would be a good idea.
I only have one pistol light otherwise I would offer to loan you one.

NJC
March 30th, 2016, 10:23 PM
Despite the interest only one confirmed spot.

Going to cancel the class for now.

Will reschedule for between 30 to 60 days out in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for the interest.

Jas8340
March 31st, 2016, 08:38 AM
I'd be interested in the reschedule.

NJC
March 31st, 2016, 08:39 AM
I'll keep you posted.

Dirty Sanchez
March 31st, 2016, 09:11 AM
I think it is completely disgusting that people don't train. We can't have nothin nice.

NJC
March 31st, 2016, 09:44 AM
Hey man. We are here, we're not going anywhere.

When we get enough folks together we will do the class again.
This class was a huge success the last time we did it.

0utlaw
March 31st, 2016, 10:02 AM
Dark gets harder to find this time of year

Jafar
March 31st, 2016, 10:27 AM
This will give me time to get my XC1 and get some LB holsters made. I'm still interested in a LV/NV rifle class as well.

NJC
March 31st, 2016, 11:25 AM
I will talk with Airgator .Each course is a 4 hour block including class.
Fall/ winter is obviously conducive to this but Zika be damned we can do it whenever.

I would like to do one block on a Friday night (pistol )and the second on a Saturday (rifle)

This would be a all or nothing deal. Do both classes or do none.

Cost would be $120.
Max number of attendees would be 8.

Let me get with airgator and see if we can find a weekend end of May , beginning of June where this would work.

JAFAR I would not assume to be able to show you or Oscar Mike anything about NV. That is MOSTLY cost prohibitive for us civilians. The gen 1 stuff is junk.

AirGator however has some experience with it and I will see if he would be interested in talking about it on the second night.

Anyone interested in this curriculum please PM me.

Jafar
March 31st, 2016, 01:23 PM
It's all good bro, when I said LV/NV I was referring to Lo Viz / No Viz - just low light shooting with both platforms. Fuck NOD's, we'll own the night without Duracell's permission.

Oh, and maybe a full moon weekend would be beneficial?

NJC
March 31st, 2016, 02:10 PM
wasn't sure.. did not want to set false expectations.

it is dark as crap out at the farm, I mean really dark... I think full moon would be nice, I say who cares as long as its not raining....

will try to get a SME to talk on NVG for 30 mins or so on day 2.